First Epic Mickey Screenshots

Mr.EPCOT

Fascinating. This could end up being the highest level of bad-assery that Mickey's ever been involved in. I can't wait for this to come out, and I can't wait for more to screenshots to see how they compare with the concept art.

WDWFREAK53

This game would have so much potential on the 360/PS3...

I love the Wii...but for graphics-driven games like this...it just doesn't stack up.

Oddysey

Original Poster

I love the Wii...but for graphics-driven games like this...it just doesn't stack up.

Agreed, I own both the 360/PS3, but Im not getting a Wii because I know it would collect dust. The motion senser control with a much inferior console is a fad that wont last forever. The Wii is fun for familys and friends in short spurts, but doesn't do much for story driven games that focus on replay value and are somewhat graphics driven.imho

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

No kidding. My wife got me the Simpson's game for the Wii and I can't stand the graphics. The 360 version is so much better.

Agreed, I own both the 360/PS3, but Im not getting a Wii because I know it would collect dust. The motion senser control with a much inferior console is a fad that wont last forever. The Wii is fun for familys and friends in short spurts, but doesn't do much for story driven games that focus on replay value and are somewhat graphics driven.imho
Quite true. We have a 360 and a Wii and I hardly touch the Wii. I can't wait for Natal so I can have superior motion control and HD graphics.

monkeysammich

I actually waited outside of wal-mart for 13 hours to get a wii on the first day.

3 months later I sold it to my mother in law after buying an Xbox 360.

It was fun... but once the "new and exciting" fell off... it was a paperweight. I was using it to play old SNES and N64 games more than Wii games.

Epic Mickey should be an HD game on 360/PS3.

EPCOT Explorer

Fascinating. This could end up being the highest level of bad-assery that Mickey's ever been involved in. I can't wait for this to come out, and I can't wait for more to screenshots to see how they compare with the concept art.

And that's awesome. They have abandoned him in the sense of him being the hero, save for Fantasmic and the Three Musketeers Movie, which was VERY good, but very underrated. :(

Hopefully this starts Mickey actually DOING stuff, not just being a mascot.

And if I had a game system/was a gamer, I would SO get this. :lol:

sweetpee_1993

I'm in no way a gamer but I can attest to this one. Since we got the 360 & PS3 consoles last Christmas the Wii has been an overpriced paperweight. The motion sensor stuff is fun with physical games like the Wii Sports and those types of games but the story driven action games are just crappola on it.

I have no idea what this game is that the screen shots were from but it looks neat. Mickey does look totally badass!

SirGoofy

The Wii's problem is not it's graphical specs, it's the bolded part. Developers refuse to make story driven games for it, instead focusing on crap party games(see:Tot Story Mania).

A slightly under powered processor can still do great things as long as the art style is done right(Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy, Epic Mickey). Graphics are the most overrated piece of gaming today, IMO. People are drawn to pretty looking character models, and sometimes forget about the actual gameplay.

Developers other than Nintendo just need to realize that more people own Wiis than 8 year olds and the elderly, and it would be a great system.

As for Natal...it scares me. Really makes me think Xbox is trying to cash in on the motion control fad, just like Sony did with the PS3 controller, and it will just end up being gimmicky.

Figment632

The Wii's problem is not it's graphical specs, it's the bolded part. Developers refuse to make story driven games for it, instead focusing on crap party games(see:Tot Story Mania).

A slightly under powered processor can still do great things as long as the art style is done right(Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy, Epic Mickey). Graphics are the most overrated piece of gaming today, IMO. People are drawn to pretty looking character models, and sometimes forget about the actual gameplay.

Developers other than Nintendo just need to realize that more people own Wiis than 8 year olds and the elderly, and it would be a great system.

As for Natal...it scares me. Really makes me think Xbox is trying to cash in on the motion control fad, just like Sony did with the PS3 controller, and it will just end up being gimmicky.

Couldn't agree with you more. One of my favorite games of all time is SHining Force for Sega Genisis. The graphics stink by today's standards but I still play it and consider it in my top 5 even today.

SirGoofy

Couldn't agree with you more. One of my favorite games of all time is SHining Force for Sega Genisis. The graphics stink by today's standards but I still play it and consider it in my top 5 even today.

Yup. The best game of all time is still Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
No kidding. My wife got me the Simpson's game for the Wii and I can't stand the graphics. The 360 version is so much better.QUOTE]

There's a division of labor in my house: the kids have the Wii, and I have the 360. They're happy with their sports games and I'm happy with real graphics......:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom