First Disney Memories

DisneyPrincess5

My 5th birthday at Disneyland. I was so excited I couldn't sleep the night before. Riding the Nautilus - the newest ride (yes, I just dated myself) at the park with my dad. I remember some type of pirates ride. Trying to make my mother sick spinning the cup at the Tea Party. The train station and the flowers.

And getting my FIRST PAIR OF EARS and wearing them to school.
This is really touching! I love that you were so excited and it sounds like it was a great moment of pride to wear your Ears to school!

HouCuseChickie

It's funny...so many little things are so clear and while so many others are a blur or completely forgotten.

One of the strongest memories was the wait at the TTC (which felt like an eternity) and how cool it was to be on the monorail speeding through the Contemporary. I know my first ride was Mission to Mars, second was Space Mountain, and the third was the Speedway. I remember seeing Winnie the Pooh with the "hunny" pot on his head, was utterly giddy riding through IASW, and being in awe of PotC. I was so sad to leave MK that day, but I would fall in love with EPCOT on day 2. After making dining reservations by tv screens, our first ride was WoM...then Horizons. I don't remember the order of things after that, but I distinctly remember the jumping water, the original Imagination, and running through the Rainbow Corridor before hitting the WS to make our dinner reservation in Morocco.

UncleMike101

My first memories of WDW are, when I entered the Magic Kingdom for the first time I immediately began asking every CM that I saw "Where's Micky?" "Where's Donald?" "Where's Tinker Bell?" And I began to cry when I was told that the characters wouldn't be out to greet the children until later in the Morning.
Of course I was thirty two at the time and my Wife and kids pretended they didn't know me for the rest of the day.
:happy:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
My first memories of WDW are, when I entered the Magic Kingdom for the first time I immediately began asking every CM that I saw "Where's Micky?" "Where's Donald?" "Where's Tinker Bell?" And I began to cry when I was told that the characters wouldn't be out to greet the children until later in the Morning.
Of course I was thirty two at the time and my Wife and kids pretended they didn't know me for the rest of the day.
:happy:

Yeah, my daughter ignores me when I go gaga over entering the park - and tear up at anything about Walt.

:D

Matt_Black

I was 6, and I was going with my mom, my grandmother, and my little brother (4). It was Donald Duck's 50th Birthday. I got scared on several of the dark rides, but not It's a Small World, as I'm told my brother and I rode that 3 or 4 times. Ironic, because now that I'm an adult, THAT is the ride that fills me with dread.

JoeT63

Worrying about our 6-year old dd during evening EMH...hoping she wouldn't be so sleepy and crabby that she wouldn't enjoy it (and would bring her big brothers down). Ha! She led the pack until 1am...racing between line-less attractions and having the time of her life. Btw, she's 20 now, and when we go in May this will be the 2nd time she's been. It'll be like our first time!!

stillgoofy

My first visit was early 70's not long after it opened. We had ticket books then and I remember my 3 older brothers trying to scam all the "E" tickets from my sister and I and give us their "A" tickets instead. How many times can you go on the carousel or the Main St trolley? I also remember getting my dad sick by spinning the Tea Cups so fast. I can't even go on them anymore because now I get sick. Paybacks I guess.

LAM378

1985 was my family's first visit, I think. I was 7-ish and I remember spending the first evening in the Fiesta Fun Center at CR. My dad had a caricature done that still hangs in his office. I have no memories of any of my first MK/Epcot impressions; but the Fiesta Fun Center I remember in ridiculous detail :rolleyes:. My obsession with hotels started on that trip!

It had to be the following year, I vividly remember swimming in the lagoon at the Poly. Pinocchio water-skied up on the beach and goofed around and took pictures. The picture of my siblings and I with him, all waterlogged and sunburned, hung in my mom's kitchen until just a few years ago.

rt06

Some are going to be more recent than others, but what are your first memories of Disney.....?

1980 something. A light or siren going off as my father passed through the turnstile. He had won a pin. We settled on this one because they were out of the best ones:

FutureWorldClaspBack.jpg

This is the second time I've answered a question like this on the board. Gets me every time... :cry:

AndyS2992

Being at Disneyland Paris and crying and being lead out the line of Space Mountain because I was terrified haha I think I was about 8 years old. Went back a few years later and loved it.

Bare in mind Space Mountain at DLP is nothing like WDW or DLR's, it is like Rock n Rollercoaster but much more intense.

Disney Shib

From what I remember, my first memory of my first Disney vacation was not the best. We were flying Continental Airlines from Logan airport in Boston back in the 80s and they went on strike. We sat at the airport for 18 hours before we were able to score a flight on a different airline. I had flip flops on at the time and while walking onto the plane from the long connected hallway my big toe got caught between the plane and loading hallway. Five people had to stand along the edge of the hallway to get it to sink down so I could remove my toe. By the time my parents got me to Disney I had earned the nickname toe-thumper and it's stuck since then lol. Aside from that my first positive memory would have to be attending Mickey's Birthdayland. I remember all the confetti and how excited my little brother and I were to be there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom