First Day: BOG Breakfast or Hit the Rides?

Cosmic Commando

I was able to get a 9:45 breakfast reservation for Be Our Guest on our first day in the parks during our November trip. Originally, I thought we'd waltz in and walk on a ride or two, but after thinking about it, I don't think we'd have much time for a ride after the opening show, pictures on MSUSA, crying upon seeing the castle ;), etc. We do have another breakfast reservation booked later in the trip, so would you guys start your vacation with a relaxing breakfast in Beast's castle, or head for the rides? Do they still soft open the park before the official opening time?

CJLove79

I was able to get a 9:45 breakfast reservation for Be Our Guest on our first day in the parks during our November trip. Originally, I thought we'd waltz in and walk on a ride or two, but after thinking about it, I don't think we'd have much time for a ride after the opening show, pictures on MSUSA, crying upon seeing the castle ;), etc. We do have another breakfast reservation booked later in the trip, so would you guys start your vacation with a relaxing breakfast in Beast's castle, or head for the rides? Do they still soft open the park before the official opening time?

I see it like this, you worked hard to get an EXTREMELY difficult to get Breakfast reservation at Be Our Guest. If you're going to go through all that, you deserve to enjoy it. Besides, the rides will always be there waiting for you when you get out, the lines won't be as long since its early in the day & if possible, you can FastPass some of them. I have 3 Breakfast ressies for me and my girl's October trip at 8am each, I was also able to get 9am FastPasses for the 7 Dwarfs mine Train ride for those three days luckily. My girl felt it better to go on the Mine Train first and possibly get a Breakfast ressie afterwards. I decided against it because we're fast eaters anyways so we'll be there for only about 15-20 mins tops. After we eat, speed through the standby line to ride the Mine train & after that first ride, we immediately go into the FastPass line to ride it again. She quickly saw the logic behind my reasoning and that's what's on our itinerary. At the end of the day, it's your decision but remember that you & your family's time is very valuable. So I would suggest overall that you pick an experience that would only add value to you guy's time. Its Disney World man, you're going to have fun either way. :)

Upvote 0

RiceCrispyMickey

I see it like this, you worked hard to get an EXTREMELY difficult to get Breakfast reservation at Be Our Guest. If you're going to go through all that, you deserve to enjoy it.

I agree... enjoy it! I've been trying to get BOG breakfast for our trip also in Nov with no luck! Think very carefully before letting it go cause it's unlikely you'll be able to get another!

Upvote 0

JohnD

Agree. Go with breakfast. If you can, try to score an ADR before the park opens. You'll get great views of the castle with very few people in the park and get to enjoy a good breakfast with more time to enjoy MK. It's a win-win.

Upvote 0

Socalphili

Stop and eat. One of the best things added to the park in years, and Very difficult to get that ADR. Make sure you leave some time to explore all three rooms in the castle. The rose room is amazing to see the whole show, and eating with snow falling at your back in Florida is awesome!!

Upvote 0

MotherofaPrincessLover

You might be able to get more done than you think in that time period. I had an 8:25 am ressie for CRT (park opened at 8), and we watched the welcome show and went on Peter Pan and IASW before our reservation. Granted, we didn't get castle pictures, but I think you could get pictures and hop on a couple rides in Fantasyland before your ressie.

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

Its just me but I would only do one of the reservations. Personally I would skip arrival day and enjoy the park. With being overly excited to be there and having a BOG breakfast reservation later in the week we would just grab something quick at the hotel or a pastry at the park and hit the rides.

Upvote 0

popcenturylover

If you can snag an 8:00 ressie I say go for it! We had an 8:30 ressie with park opening at 9. We were thinking that we'd take our early castle pics, (we did) eat breakfast quickly, (we did) & go straight to 7DMT to ride stand-by. Well, we got out of BOG at about 8:45 & went to the mine train but, guess what? There was already a 90 min. wait!? They decided to open the park early that day! :(

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Go with the breakfast. Friends of ours have done the same and were pleased with the food and didnt regret making the reservation. You still have a lot of day left to tour the park and it will be a great way to start the trip out.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Commando

Original Poster
The story has a twist now... Seven Dwarfs FP+ was already gone at the 60 day mark at midnight! I'm going to at least look at the standby time when we first get into the park. Having a nice breakfast to start the trip does sound pretty good; I think that's option #1 right now.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom