Fireworks

stephbreynolds

Original Poster
I am taking my three and five year old to WDW in mid-April. My three year old is terrified of fireworks. Should we leave the park before the show or is there a ride we can be on where we will not hear the blasts?

CAPTAIN HOOK

There's no point in doing a ride on the off chance that you'll not hear the fireworks while riding. Play it safe and return to your resort - he / she will benefit more from a good nights sleep and be refreshed for the next day

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Unless you are directly around the castle the fireworks sounds will be rather dim.

I've done Splash during fireworks plenty of times and couldn't hear them at all. Stay on the fringes of the parks, and you'll be fine.

Or, as suggested, just leave.

One thing that may help (we had to do this for our daughter when she was younger for 4th of july fireworks and such) is earmuffs or cup style headphones to cover the ears. She enjoyed fireworks a lot more with those. Children's ears are far more sensitive to certain sounds and loud noises than even a 5 or 6 year old, much less an adult.

kimberlymautz

I agree with @englanddg . My daughter HATES the sounds from fireworks and the fourth of July was awful, until I put her Minnie Mouse headphones on her. They're adorable and she uses them to watch movies on my laptop or phone when we're on the go, and they blocked out enough of the sound that she wasn't afraid anymore and could enjoy the show. Just something to try so your other little one doesn't have to miss out. Plus, the music they play is often loud enough you'd barely notice the booms and if the three year old is still afraid you can always turn around and leave.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
If it is just the noise try getting some Petler EarMuffs -
upload_2015-1-2_20-6-34.jpeg

My daughter uses them for the fireworks and the parades the loud noises bother her. They cost about $20.

My 3 year old hated the fireworks and the nice cast members at the little mermaid ride let us stay on and ride around twice until they were over.

Ember

Another vote for Splash! We have gotten on it just as the fireworks were starting, saw a bit on the outside of the ride (but they weren't really loud), and then they were over when we got off the ride :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom