Fire Chaser Ride

woofboy111

Original Poster
This is a post from the old board that I put up, and decided to move it here. I'm not doing it to any of the replies, bu only the original post. Here it is:

This my newest ride that I just thought up. It would go great in WDW because of all of the Wild fires going on around it. Here we go...
It would go on NY street in Disney's (MGM) Studios because theirs not much back there that attracts people, and this ride would Defitinly attract people because it would be interactive. You would be walking down NY street and see a facade of a fire house. There is a banner hanging up front that says..."Fire Station Tours Today." Then, below that there is a smaller banner that says "free Fire truck Rides." Of course, seeing something that is "free" people are drawn in. They enter through the office where you see the fire cheifs desk. He's not in there, because he's busy giving out tours. At this point you start thinking..."What happens if there is a fire while I'm on a tour???" Well, you'll find that out later.
After you leave the office you enter the room where the fire fighters stay. One of them is in there, and tells you that he wasn't expecting anyone because it was so early/late depending on what time of day it is. (the firefighter will be like your guide in the Haunted Mansion) He agrees to give you the tour anyway, and everyone in your group cheers. He takes you from room to room showing you all of the parts of the fire house, like the kitchen. Then he asks if your ready for your ride on a fire truck. Everyone says Okay. (by this time, the fire station is filled with people.) He then tells you you need to slide down the fire pole to get there. Everyone slides down (Except for the people who take the elevator!!!), and you enter a large room filled with 6 fire trucks. In front of you are garage doors, supposivly what you saw from the outside of the building. Behind the fire trucks, the room turns, and if you look closely, you can see the tracks that the trucks are on tuning the same way. (that part comes later).
Well, all six fire trucks are loaded, and its important that all six are being used. You climb on board the trucks and each truck has a "driver." The Driver would be your tour guide from the beginning of the ride. Then all six trucks leave the building at the same time. Then you realize you are causing traffic, so you all go in seprate directions. You are traveling down your street, whatever the fire truck your on is following. Then, all at the same time, there is a radio announcement saying that a fire has broken out. The location of the fire will be different on each of the six fire trucks. Hearing this, your driver tells you whats going on. "theres no fire trucks left, there all out giving tours, and were closest to the fire, do you want to help us out and put them out?" Of couse everyone says yes!
Now lets talk about how the trucks are shaped. There are two rows of seats, and the riders are sitting back to back. In front of the seats, there are a railing, with fire hose nozels on it. These will be used later.
Back to the story. Since you agreed to put out the fire, the fire truck speed up. It speed around corners dodgeing through cars, with its lights flashing and sirens screeching. Then you see the fire. Each fire truck will have a different fire to put out in another place.
One fire truck will be at a burning apartment. One side of the street will be burning and one side of the truck will be squirting the fire with their hoses. An animatronic child will be screaming for help from one of the windows. Then, once enough water goes into a window, the fire goes out. Then, all of a suddon, somehow the building across the street catches on fire. This is were the other side of the truck gets to put out fires. Once the fires are out, the child in the window cheers and your guide asks if the kids okay. He says yeah, and then he cheers for you and you retun to the fire station.
The second fire truck will going to a parking garage. There is a burning car in there and you pull up next to it. Once again, one side of the truck will put the fires out. An animatronic man will be standing back yelling to hurry up, and how the cars brand new, and how it was so expensive. Then right befor the fire is out, the car on the other side of the truck explodes. This is a chance for the other side of the turck to put out fires. Once this is done the guide on this tuck tells the guy standing there that the police are comeing, and then this truck returns to the station.
I'm not going to contuine with all of the other trucks, but they will be all basically the same. Something is on fire, and then something on the other side of the truck catches on fire, and the guest put it out. Then the truck returns to the station.
When you get back to the station you will be exiting the truck, and you think you are the only truck that put out a fire, all of the other trucks just went on a tour, but in reality, all of the trucks put out a different fire. Once everyone exits the trucks and leaves the room into the gift shop, the trucks travel along their tracks, around a corner, back into the loading room. After you leave the gift shop, you return to the outside, onto NY street.
I'm not sure what movie this would be from, but maybe disney could do something like they did with dinosaur, with makeing a ride, than a movie about the ride. I'm also not sure where the water would come from. It would need to be able to not run out. The fire would be real, but controlled, as seen in the coyboy scene in the Great movie ride.
It would be know as the best interactive ride anywhere, better than buzz lightyear, better than Men in Black, better than all of those cheap ghost hunter rides. IT would be one of a kind, an e-ticket ride with long lines all the time. It would have fastpass from the beginning.
I hope that made sense, and if you have any questions, post them, and they should be answered by me. I should have pictures soon.

I hope some of you aren't reading this for the second time!

Brett

I missed this on the other board, but hey, I'm glad I read it! Great idea, it'd definently be a fun ride and also give Disney Studios something to be put in the backlot. But since the Rock N Roller Coaster was just built, I'd say that the Studios isn't gonna get a new e-ticket ride for a while. But that ride would be great!

Disney Maniac

Interesting concept. I like the frame of the ride. I do see some spots, however, where WDI could improve upon, but I am only going to touch on a couple of things that stood out to me.

First, I would suggest changing the location of the ride's station to what is currently Al's Toy Barn because the building is preexisting, so it not only preserves the building, but provides a perfect gateway to the land behind it without jeopardizing any existing attractions (i.e. The Hunchback Musical Adventure).

Second, make the ride similar to the Backlot Tour and Kilaminjaro Safaris.
The first part of the attraction would focus on training methods for fire fighters (both real and on-screen), how Hollywood creates fires (as an extention of sorts of Catastrophe Canyon), and a demonstration of some sort, possibly a film of historic Hollywood fires (both from films and around the town). For tourist interaction, get kids to dress up in firefighter outfits, and let a team of adults attempt to control a fire hose at nearly-full pressure.

The second part of the ride is on the firetrucks, where the drivers innocently invite the tourists to join them, as the Beverly Hills Fire Department needs to drop some trucks off for a filming later that afternoon, and why don't the tourists hop along? Not only does this cut out on the chaos that would result from about 150 people trying to slide down a pole or an elevator, it also adds to the suspense of what's to come. Right after leaving the station, the dispatcher comes over the radio, calling any nearby trucks to a fire at such-and-such a place. The driver immediately calls in that he's on his way, and the truck takes off at blazing speeds kind of like Kilaminjaro Safaris or Dinosaur in Animal Kingdom. Arriving at the scene, there is another truck pulling in at the same time, so the firefighers call for a little friendly compitition--whichever truck gets their building out first wins. Not only does this cut back on the number of buildings and routings needed, it gets the riders psyched up, because everyone loves a competition, right? Alternitively, two trucks go to three buildings, one on either side of the building, out of view from each other. This setup, if you can visualize it, would allow both sides of both trucks to get in on the action. After the fires are out, the trucks go back to the station, drop the riders off, and everybody goes into the giftshop then right past Mama Melrose's for a hard-earned meal.

Third, concerning the issue on how the trucks get water and how the fire ends. Simple. While in the station or right before the station, the trucks would get a quick fill-up of water from a high-output pump into the water tank, which is filled from the top. At the fire scene, the people on the side facing the fire will man built-in spray nozzles and one lucky kid gets to go on top of the engine and fire the spray gun. The tank's water level would be monitored by sensitive gauges that, upon the water reaching a certain low level, would send a radio signal to a sensor located near the building that would control the fuel flow to the building. Once the signal is received, the fuel is slowly cut back on until no fuel is flowing and the fire stops.

I hope this helped. I know I got a little verbose, but I can tell you that your concept, when it becomes reality, would definitly be a hit with me. If you have any questions or comments, please send me a private message. Thanks and good job.

Chris

woofboy111

Original Poster
Those are some great improvements on my original ideas. I just have one question...Where is Al's toy Barn? Unless it's something that opened within the last few months, I don't beleve there is one. Are you sure you're not talking about Pizza Planet, which is also from toy story?

The competive idea is also a great idea. I was thinking of just having an interactive ride, where your truck just puts ot the fires, but a way to keep score, and for someone to win would be even better (a complaint that noone came up with an answer with on the old board).

Disney Maniac

Minor clarification:

Pizza Planet is located next to MuppetVision 3-D and in the same building (I think) as Stage 1 Company Store.

Al's Toy Barn, really, only a character meet-and-greet, is located between the Backlot Theatre and Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano.

Both locations are real close to each other and are easily confused, but I'm pretty sure that's the way it is.

woofboy111

Original Poster
Wow, I didn't even realize that section was called Al's Toy barn, and when I had my Annual pass last year, I went at least once a week!!!

I knew there was a character greeting area there, but I didn't know the name.

Chad

I would really like this idea better if we could figure out a movie to put it with, I was thinking Backdraft, but I was informed that it is owned by Universal...

sillyspook13

Burn, baby, burn!

That's great! I can only see one problem. Being so close to fires, people would get hot, right? And water cools people off, right? So why not have a point at the end of the ride where people get wet? Not too wet, just a refreshing spray of water.

woofboy111

Original Poster
But, wouldn't you get sprayed from the hoses anyway. I do see the fires being too hot for some people, but that could somehow be worked out. Do you have any other ideas about the getting wet thing?

Chad

My view on that is that the fire may warm some people up, but I didn't vision them being THAT close to the fires, plus, if you just get hot, some high-blowing air vents can cool you down, but if you're wet, its much harder to dry off, and can make for a very unpleasent day, specially if you were jeans. Bottom line, I'd rather be warmed up, then soaked on something thats not a river ride

scan_man

All Good ideas.
I know what they have done with the Backdraft tour at Universal Studios in Hollywood, is that they have a Air Blanket from High Power Vents to keep some not all of the heat off of you while you are in the room watching.
My Only concerns with this idea would be the fact that you would be using natural gas for the fire rather than the building. I know it seems strange but you would have to have more water than the truck can carry to be able to put the fire out would you not?
Also Fire-fighters have to wear very heavy protective clothing while they are battling fires so I would be more afraid that the Disney Guests might get over heated while wearing the safty clothes. Unless that there is a way around that.
but the part about getting wet that end I dont think everyone would mind; as much as, long as it's cold water and you don't get to Overly wet, because of all the heat down there.

woofboy111

Original Poster
Well, first of all, you wouldn't really be putting out the fires. You would be spraying the water onto the building, and if you get enough into a buringing building, the gas would bew cut off, so the fire would go out. I don't think wearing safety couthes would bde a problem either. You wouldn't leave the truck, and only get close enough to the fire for the water to reach. It would be the same amount of heat that comes from the fire at a ride at universal.

woofboy111

Original Poster
Heres the first plan that I drew up on my computer. It's not that detailed, but I'm working on another copy...I'll post it soon. Tell me what you think of this one....

Attachments

• firehunter.jpg
    firehunter.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 107

woofboy111

Original Poster
Heres the first plan that I drew up on my computer. It's not that detailed, but I'm working on another copy...I'll post it soon. Tell me what you think of this one...

(I think a little bit got cut off.)

Attachments

• firehunter.jpg
    firehunter.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 103

woofboy111

Original Poster
Yes, I know it needs labels. Like I said, their coming soon. I'm making another version of the blueprints, and I will put them in this time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom