Fire at Jambo House

HDS

Original Poster
So I have family at WDW staying at the Jumbo House. Fire alarm goes off and they got rushed out of their room asap, even with someone in the shower. They have been outside over an hour and a half. Smoke etc..Cant find any news reports yet. Anyone got any info yet?

HDS

Original Poster
If you're doing a search, the name is Jambo, not Jumbo. Haven't heard anything yet...
Dang it! (Jambo) I was in a rush. The CM's arent given the guest any info and they have kids and elderly outside in the heat with no water etc.. So trying to find out for them how bad it is.

HDS

Original Poster
Report in: " Fire engines and smoke everywhere. By the smell, it's pretty bad."

shipley731

Dang it! (Jambo) I was in a rush. The CM's arent given the guest any info and they have kids and elderly outside in the heat with no water etc.. So trying to find out for them how bad it is.
Wasn't a whole lot of info being given out, but CM's started coming around handing out bottles of water somewhere between 45 & 60 minutes after original evac. A van was running people to Kidani Village so they could use the restroom prior to H2O being handed out. They also brought in buses - 3 for folks to sit on to be in a/c, and a 4th to run folks to Kidani. Honestly, the situation wasn't ideal, but I think the CM's handled it well. They could have given out a little more info, but they may not have known real details. We had 8pm ADR at Jiko & when we came back in, I wasn't sure how the restaurant would handle things. (This was about 8:10.). We went to the check in desk & were actually seated within 10 minutes. Waitstaff we're coming around with complimentary apps. I was impressed.

Bolt

Wasn't a whole lot of info being given out, but CM's started coming around handing out bottles of water somewhere between 45 & 60 minutes after original evac. A van was running people to Kidani Village so they could use the restroom prior to H2O being handed out. They also brought in buses - 3 for folks to sit on to be in a/c, and a 4th to run folks to Kidani. Honestly, the situation wasn't ideal, but I think the CM's handled it well. They could have given out a little more info, but they may not have known real details. We had 8pm ADR at Jiko & when we came back in, I wasn't sure how the restaurant would handle things. (This was about 8:10.). We went to the check in desk & were actually seated within 10 minutes. Waitstaff we're coming around with complimentary apps. I was impressed.
This makes me think that they sometimes still get it.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Also saw Joe Rodhe show up after about an hour after original evac. He went Into the lodge with 2 other people before the all clear was given. I had to do a double take at first. Recognized him by his earring.

Why does that not surprise me that Joe would walk into a fire scene before the all clear.

pacostrano

when i took the magical express they where saying to people that was going to stay at animal kingdom lodge trhat they were going to be dropped at Kidani.... I saw police cars blocking people going to AK lodge

DManRightHere

So it sounds like they evacuated everyone to the main entrance?

If the fire alarms were going off wouldn't people have gone out of any fire exit and into the fenced in circles in the savannahs?

I thought thats what the circles were for...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom