Pre-Trip **Finished! "This Goin' Be The Best Day Everrrrrr" Pre-Trip Report

Video may contain some suggestive language but it's my theme.

Travel dates: September 18th through September 30th.

Resort: All Star Sports.

Cast: Myself, and my fiance Colleen. Here is a snip of our engagement in The Haunted Mansion way back in 2009...

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/video-of-my-hm-proposal.499660/

Me & Colleen 23.jpg

My Brother Brian and his Wife Tanya.
10426575_10202640488314410_9027319953094065621_n.jpg

My buddy Ben and his girlfriend Erin.
My brothers buddy Shane.

I am not going to post pics of them. If you REALLY care to see them you will read the actual report once I get back. POW!

September 18th:

We are flying out of Pittsburgh International on Thursday September 18th...EARLY. I aint mad thought since I am all old now and can't sleep in anymore. It still would be nice to just arrive in the evening the night before but Brian and Tanya are leaving on the same flight so it is what it is.

Those two are going to head straight to Universal the first 3 days of the trip but they are staying at the resort. They are just going to rent a car. We are throwing around ideas about possibly keeping the car and splitting the cost between all of us. It would go nice on those Water Park and Park Hopping days. For some reason I really enjoy riding the Disney Buses. I think it just adds to the magic. Especially The Epcot bus. When you pull in and the music starts playing...that is one of my favorite things on "The Details" side of things in Disney. Jesus in heaven...I can't WAIT.

Once we get checked in (Depending if our room is ready) we will head to Epcot. Honestly it depends on how we feel at that point. So it's possible we may just lay around for a bit and be fat, then head to Magic Kingdom. All our trips except last year Colleen and I have always started in Epcot and got The Monorail over to MK. We got in SO early last year and our room was ready but we switched to a king bed and that was NOT ready so we needed to kill time and just went to DHS first. We went to DHS, got our AP's, went back to the hotel, checked in, went to Epcot and ate, then finished at MK and we were both going pretty strong. So I think we can manage Epcot and MK on our first day.

Our dinner reservation today is at The Wave. We never ate here before. I actually had it booked last year and cancelled it because the menu looked decent when I booked it, then they changed some stuff. It looked, and still looks decent so we shall see. We have to try SOME new places sometimes because we have so many favorites that it is hard to squeeze anything new in.

Hopefully things will be NOTHING like they were last October as far as crowds are concerned. I really want to get some quality shots of Wishes. Wishes is my favorite thing to shoot in Disney. I was only able to get it 2 times last trip and neither times was from anywhere I would ever prefer to shoot it from. It was just too packed for me to whip out my tripod and deal with that many people.

Once the night ends and we get back to the resort, I hope we all have enough energy to catch some football or play some wiffle ball...at least swim. Funny how I have all this energy while sitting at my desk at work. Hopefully it holds up...

September 19th:

Most have you have herd this story before but TYPHOON LAGOON!!!! We LOVE this place. How can you not love drop kicking strangers in thongs, and speedos in 6 foot waves, swimming with the sharks, Crush and Gushing, and the LAZYYYYYY river? Maybe almost just as important...DIP'N DOTS!!!!!!! Come on.

Seriously if you have never been to Typhoon Lagoon, do it. If you love swimming you will not be sorry.

We do not have an ADR planned for this night because we are heading to DHS and DHS is closing at 7:30pm tonight. Weak, but whatever. This all could change though so...who knows.

September 20th:

It's gonna be an all out Magic Kingdom day for us. There are Evening Extra Magic Hours as well. Park will be open till 1am.

We have our first of many ADR's at California Grill. This is easily our new favorite restaurant in Disney. There is also a rumor circulating that @sweetpee_1993 has an ADR one hour after mine so we may and hopefully get to meet each other! Hopefully her whole clan will be with her.

After CG, we will probably hitch a Monorail back to MK because we are both too fat and lazy to walk. Enjoy Wishes, some spectacular rides and shows and then shut the park down.

September 21st:

Today seems like a good day to start at Epcot, don't it? Actually who knows but this is where we are heading. Food and Wine will be a few days under way at this point as well. I have a few things I am targeting that were incredible last year. Gotta try some new stuff as well. Really looking forward to The Salmon from Scotland and the Pork Chop from Argentina. The Chicken Gyro from Greece was great as well.

I must be careful on how much we eat because we will for sure be hitting Sunshine Seasons too. The main dinner is a first for us. It's at Flying Fish. I already know what I want to get and I have been excited to try it since I got back from my last trip and read about it. The Filet and Potato Wrapped Fish. I am a LITTLE nervous about the fish part but whatever. I'll fight you.

After dinner we will head over to DHS. They are having this thing there called Extra Magic Hours in the evening and we figured we would see what all the fuss was about. Plus it's usually a good way for us to ride Tower or Terror about 50 times combined with zero to minimal wait.

September 22nd:

Another all day Magic Kingdom day. Maybe we will hit up Typhoon Lagoon in the first part of the day? I guess it will depend on what the crowd levels are like. We have a reservation at California Grill again. I can't wait. I think I said that about the first time we are going there this trip but yeah, it's really that good. MK has a 10pm close.

Ben and Erin are arriving tonight at some point as well. So we will be meeting up with them after we leave at our hotel and getting the settled in.

September 23rd:

My brothers friend Shane will be arrive early this morning. We are all going to head to Epcot for the first part of the day. Enjoy some Food and Wine Fest, maybe a little Sunshine Season's.

We have an ADR at Coral Reef. All 7 of us will be dining there. I picked Coral Reef to kind of really show Ben, Erin, and Shane what kind of things they were in for, for the next few days. Not that CR has the greatest food on property...but it definitely has the best atmosphere. I really want to wow everyone and I think this place will really get that going.

After we eat we are going to head over to MK for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. It's been 3 years since I have attended this event. We just watched the fireworks last year from The Contemporary roof. We decided against going. This year I definitely want to get some photos of The Mansion with the special Halloween lights on it.

September 24th:

Ben, Erin, Colleen and I are going to head to Typhoon Lagoon. This is just going to be awesome. You all know how I feel about TL.

After TL we are going to head to MK. Colleen and I have an ADR at Narcoossee's after MK closes. Ben, Erin, Brian, Tanya, and Shane have an ADR at 'Ohana as well. We will probably try and meet up and share a cab or something to get back to the resort. Who knows. Who cares?

September 25th:

We are all going to head to Animal Kingdom to start off the day. 100% no question I am eating at Flame Tree BBQ. Had it last year and LOVED it. I even ate my coleslaw and I don't even like coleslaw. I won't really say I enjoyed it...but I still ate it. While I will enjoy the shows, and Everest at AK...I know I am going to be HOT. I am always hot. I don't get all sweaty but I just have that feeling like I am about to start sweating. At that point I think I would rather just sweat cause that is an awful feeling. Anyways...

We are going BACK to MK again after AK. Yes, yes I have to get my Wishes overload. Plus we are ALL eating at California Grill tonight. Man, I can't wait! Haha. But seriously this should be a pretty cool dinner cause I know everyone is going to love the view and especially the food.

September 26th:

I am really thinking about flipping these days around but it's probably going to be a game day decision. It's Friday. I have us starting in Epcot and then finishing the day at DHS. We have an ADR at 50's at 4pm for all of us. But DHS closes at 7pm. Epcot closes at 10pm. Yes I know that Epcot is probably going to be nuts with it being a Friday and Food and Wine. In 2 days I will be faced with the same dilemma with the same 2 parks but DHS has EMH and I have us there first. I think I will just FP+ in the day at DHS and then basically just hang at Epcot, enjoy F&W and watch Illuminations. If we are lucky MAYBE catch Soarin' with some luck. We shall see.

September 27th:

I have to remember to call and book this but this morning we are planning on doing the fishing excursion. So @Tater48 get ready cause you're coming along. I actually just set an alarm on my phone for tomorrow to remind me to call and get this thing booked for us. I am SUPER stoked about this. ANYTIME while in Disney and I see Seven Seas Lagoon I dream of fishing it. Now I am going to be able to do it. Should make for a ridiculous time. How can fishing be any better with Cinderella's Castle right in front of you?

Colleen and I have an ADR at Yachtsman this evening. I swear to god I am going to punch all of Disney World in the face if they take The Porterhouse off the menu again for Free Dining. That or I will eat it's worth in onion rolls.

It's EMH at MK so you can guess where we are going to be heading. It will be REALLY nice to get a ghost pic of the group in front of The Mansion tonight, and The Castle as well. We will see how patient everyone is...

September 28th:

Here is that dilemma I was telling you about 2 days ago. After typing it out it really makes sense to just switch them around so that is probably what we will do.

Colleen and I had an ADR at Mamma Melrose. First time eating here. Any pictures, reviews or anything about this place from you guys would be really swell.

September 29th:

It is our last full day here. I just hope that it lasts longer than writing this did but I am sure it'll fly by and I will be back on here with another 300+ day countdown.

I think Ben and Erin are checking out today. Originally it was going to be with all of us tomorrow but they have to cut the trip by one day.

We are going to start at Typhoon Lagoon.

We are scheduled to eat at Le Cellier today but with their changes I may just skip having a sit down today all together to maximize park time on our last full day. Plus MK has a sucky 9pm close time as of now. That is really weak.

September 30th:

Ugh...horrible. How does this suck already and I aint even there yet? I swear I have that stupid sad feeling as I am typing this as you have when you are going through the room one last time making sure you did not forget anything.

We are just going to finish it off in Epcot with some Food and Wine Festivities. If you're gonna go out, you may as well go out eating right?

Anyhow we have a flight at 7pm so we will still get some decent park time this day. Probably won't have to leave Epcot till 3pm. DME will probably want to get us around 4pm. I am just going to stop talking about this day because it's really annoying me.

Last edited:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
You're supposed to go in august for our backwards meet up!!!! Hahaha can't wait for our trips!!

I was following your pre-trip report and you and Beth were having so much fun talking about it I basically got shoved aside, and that is what would end up happening in Aug as well so I decided to go after your debacle.

Someday though, we will all be together in Disney and we could even do something normal like have lunch. Or we could have our party swim in backwards thongs at The Grand Floridian like we originally planned.

:)

bmarkelon

I was following your pre-trip report and you and Beth were having so much fun talking about it I basically got shoved aside, and that is what would end up happening in Aug as well so I decided to go after your debacle.

Someday though, we will all be together in Disney and we could even do something normal like have lunch. Or we could have our party swim in backwards thongs at The Grand Floridian like we originally planned.

:)
Idk, I might have to unpack my special thong now...it just won't be the same without you. A normal fully clothed lunch sounds alright though.

sweetpee_1993

Actually, I'll be the only one from my family there for the 20th. I leave with the Ladies of Leisure on our getaway cruise on the 21st. So, yeah, I'll be at California Grill on the 20th but with @Disneyfalcon, @Tiggerish, @Tiggerfanatic, @Kerby626, & @Sans Souci. You won't be able to miss us. We make the room wherever we roll. Tracey & my brother will likely be down when I get off the cruise. No word yet if we'll be at WDW or if we'll opt to stay out on the coast.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Actually, I'll be the only one from my family there for the 20th. I leave with the Ladies of Leisure on our getaway cruise on the 21st. So, yeah, I'll be at California Grill on the 20th but with @Disneyfalcon, @Tiggerish, @Tiggerfanatic, @Kerby626, & @Sans Souci. You won't be able to miss us. We make the room wherever we roll. Tracey & my brother will likely be down when I get off the cruise. No word yet if we'll be at WDW or if we'll opt to stay out on the coast.

Well looks like I will be meeting a ton of you gals. See, something else to look forward to!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

I actually met @Tiggerfanatic though. A few years ago we had a little meet up here.

PartOfYourWorld

One of these days I'll be there sometime when you are!!
I would get rid of that LeCellier ADR and go to California Grill...again!!! LOL. Definitely the best filet EVER.
Granted I still love that Bacon and Cheddar Soup at LeCellier and of course filet I still love, so I will have to visit again.

Here are my pics from Mama Melrose's when my mom and I went last September.
Fried Calamari..
IMG_9685_zpse04d0f3d.jpg

Some Salad
IMG_9686_zps4901f8f1.jpg

Flat bread that I can't remember what kind it is! OOps
IMG_9687_zps4562a3b3.jpg

My pictures don't exactly do it justice, but Mama Melrose's is overall pretty great. Not my favorite restaurant, but I would eat there if you haven't!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
You might still get to hear plenty of MMMbops while that pizza sauce is scalding your chest.

I don't know...Italy always has a decently loud stream of Italian music playing. Plus Via Napoli is pretty loud. I think I am safe for the most park.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
One of these days I'll be there sometime when you are!!
I would get rid of that LeCellier ADR and go to California Grill...again!!! LOL. Definitely the best filet EVER.
Granted I still love that Bacon and Cheddar Soup at LeCellier and of course filet I still love, so I will have to visit again.

Here are my pics from Mama Melrose's when my mom and I went last September.
Fried Calamari..
IMG_9685_zpse04d0f3d.jpg

Some Salad
IMG_9686_zps4901f8f1.jpg

Flat bread that I can't remember what kind it is! OOps
IMG_9687_zps4562a3b3.jpg

My pictures don't exactly do it justice, but Mama Melrose's is overall pretty great. Not my favorite restaurant, but I would eat there if you haven't!

We will be going back in Sept of 2015. Probably arriving the 9th. Plan accordingly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom