Finding Dory

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...lion-otters-idris-elba-dominic-west/82257452/

In the new chapter, forgetful fish Dory (Ellen DeGeneres) remembers her parents and treks from her coral reef home to Monterey, Calif., to find them.

The move to the California coast allows for a variety of emerging stars.

635948550074640044-finding-dory-fdcs-Hank-dcp103.per16n.103.jpg

Hank (Ed O'Neill)

635948550071988027-finding-dory-fdcs-Bailey10-107.per16n.107.jpg

Bailey (Ty Burrell)

635948550074016040-finding-dory-fdcs-Destiny10-107.per16n.107.jpg

Kaitlin Olson is the voice of Destiny,

635948550877577191-finding-dory-fdcs-Becky10-101.per16.101.jpg

Loons, this one named Becky, are the new gulls in 'Finding Dory.'

635948551142934892-finding-dory-fdcs-CharlieJenny10-101.per16.101.jpg

Eugene Levy and Diane Keaton are the voices of Dory's parents, Charlie (left) and Jenny.

635948551426076707-finding-dory-fdcs-OtterBabyGroup10-101.per16.101.jpg

"The truth is, otters are quite vicious. But no one wants that to be true. So we didn’t follow that," "The otters ended up being more successful as cute creatures that just stare at you. We knew the effect they have on people."

635948551420772673-finding-dory-fdcs-SealionsRudderFluke-130.per16.130.jpg

Dominic West (as Rudder, left) and Idris Elba (Fluke) are the voices of sea lions. The two British actors starred in HBO's "The Wire." Their sea lions will come by way of Guy Ritchie East London

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Apparently casting Finding Dory was very easy based on the fact Ellen is a talk show host.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/10/finding-dory-pixar-cast

"You’ve got a sequel, 13 years in the making, to the second highest-grossing film of 2003, a slew of new characters to cast (Beluga whales! Sea lions!), and one very recognizable voice who will share a scene with most of them.

What do you do? Pull up YouTube and get your hands on all the Ellen Show clips you can find, of course.

“Sometimes casting can be the hardest thing because the editors have to find obscure clips from TV shows and try to cut them together with other characters to see what they would sound like,” producer Lindsey Collins tells EW. “But because it’s Ellen, we’d be like, ‘Well, what does she sound like with Ty Burrell? I’m sure she’s interviewed him five times.’”

“She’s interviewed everybody in the world!” adds director Andrew Stanton, who says there was frankly no difficulty in casting this time around. “How does she sound against Eugene Levy? How does she sound against Diane Keaton? It was all there.”

Sped2424

You are not alone. Doing a film to fix a director's reputation and make an actor happy aren't usually ingredients of success.
I feel like much of the elements are throw backs in detrimental ways, these are the new seagulls of the film isn't a line that leaves me hopeful for the creativity of this project. Pixar keeps doing a 1 step forward and three step back as of late with their films. The trailer left me rather unimpressed too. I hope the movie manages to surprise me, but something tells me it won't.

Kate F

Saw the trailer for the first time last weekend when I went to see The Jungle Book and I really wasn't feeling it, but hopefully they can surprise me.

erasure fan1

The trailer left me rather unimpressed too. I hope the movie manages to surprise me, but something tells me it won't.
For me anyway, Pixar trailers have rarely ever impressed me. But since Pixar has done a whole lot more right than wrong I just give them the benefit of the doubt. Part of me wonders if making so so trailers is part of their plan.

Simba's Mom

This is the Disney Movie I am looking forward to the most.

Me too! I just can't wait! But I'm so afraid that I'll build it up so much in my mind that the reality will be a disappointment. The opposite happened with Zootopia. I had no interest in seeing it, but went just because it was a Disney movie and DS wanted to go. Well, I loved it!

Sped2424

Maybe? I'm guessing it's just too ladies we see for a couple seconds and no answer will ever be given. The could be a couple they could be friends.
I am all for lgbt inclusion in movies and representation. But man people are making this out to be WAY more important than it is. Let's make headlines when an lgbt character has more than 5 lines of dialogue in a Disney/pixar film. Not when they are "Possibly" in the background.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom