Finally! Original Snow White's Adventures......with LIGHT on!

HMButler79

Original Poster
It was clearly taken when the park first opened as you can also see an empty Fantasyland. In fact the old version had a longer line than the less "Scary" adventure

BrightImagine

Now this is the ride that terrified me at 5 or 6. I was so scared that I spent most of the ride with my hands over my eyes. It's nice to be able to see what I missed back then.

ExtinctJenn

To be fair, without the lights on, it wasn't AS bad. The lights in that video bring out some really creepy things that ordinarily you barely caught a glimpse of in the dark. :D

Chrononymous

This attraction was the single scariest thing I ever rode. I mean it truly terrified me the first time I was on it...and that was at the age of 14!

But looking at it again, now from a designer's point of view, there were some wonderfully impressive things about it, that made the second version really stale and flat for me.

I really do love how you never knew when that ugly hag (who resembled my paternal grandmother) was going to leap out in front of you. A great use of the jump scare...and the very disorientating use of the dark ride track, where you never really knew where you were headed or what you were going to run into(unless you cheated and looked down) was equally effective. I felt the same about Toad.(though Toad was never as scary!)

And those eyes! All the normally happy furniture have eyes! That's so freakin creepy!

That really is one amazing dark ride in the true carnival tradition of dark rides.

And yeah, in a way I still kind of miss it...even though it really gets to me.

Chrononymous

I do rather like the hybrid from Tokyo. It's nice that they included the one sweet scene with Snow and the dwarfs in the middle. The creepiest part about that one is the beginning...and the shrill voice of snow white screeching a song in Japanese. *shudder*

Alexis

I will definitely miss that old Snow White ride even though it did scare me a bit. I don't really like the idea of the Mine Train though (not a coaster fan). At least the Snow White ride brought out features of the movie.

I don't know if I rode the original version or not (I did go to WDW a few times in the 80's but I was very young) but I can see why they changed the ride. I have more memories of the newer version of the ride and even that one could scare some kids and after watching the video, almost seems like nothing compared to the original ride. I'm going to miss the ride since although I am looking forward to another roller coaster, the coaster will be a ride we can't all ride together as a family and the dark ride was something that we could.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom