Trip Report Finally Married In Disney World - 12 Day Trip Report!

So after being present and reading so much on these forums for so long I've finally decided to post something! And what a better first post than our Disney World Wedding Trip Report!

Cast: DH and DW (myself)

Dates: May 25th ~ June 5th 2014

Wedding Date: May 26th 2014

This would be our first trip staying on-site (for part of our trip) and first time using the MyMagic+, FastPass+ and MyDisneyExperience.

Resort: Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani Savannah
Off-Site Resort: Blue Heron Beach Resort Condos

Hopefully this whole trip-report thing turns out well! Let me know how I'm doing! :)

Last edited:

DiSnEyF@n

After the ceremony the wind had calmed so we explored the Grand Floridian with our photographer. He was from Disney's Fine Art & Photography and did an amazing job of capturing the photos we wanted. He was super easy going and would stop anywhere we wanted. Here are a few of our favourites:
View attachment 59644 View attachment 59645 View attachment 59646 View attachment 59647 View attachment 59648 View attachment 59649
View attachment 59650It was a completely perfect wedding and exactly what we had wanted. I had even had little Mickey ears painted on my fingers and toes (you can sort of see it on my thumb in the photo above).
OMGoodness!! You look beautiful!!! What an amazing day!! Congrats and lots of luck to you both :)

DisSplash

The trek looks fun! And it looks like you were enjoying it as well. I love the "Asanta sana" bit! We just watched the Lion King again (it was random choice by my 10-year-old) and that was part of what Rafiki sang to Simba -- "Asanta sana, squash banana .." Here is the whole song and what it means (according to Wikipedia):

"'Asante sana Squash banana, Wewe nugu mimi hapana' is Swahili for 'Thank you very much, Squash banana, You're a baboon and I'm not.'"

Still following along!

LisaBelle

Great report on the trek! It looks fabulous. Maybe we will try it in the future. I loved that you were able to use the stones to choose which wildlife support program you wanted your money to go toward.

DisneyMorgan

Congratulations! (mostly a lurker here, but trying to come out and be social hahaha) :)

You looked so gorgeous on your wedding day! I love your dresses!

I'm also a big HP fan and we visited HP World in November 2012. I'm dying to get back to see the new additions!

The Wild Africa Trek looks sooo fun!! (also hope one day I will get to stay at AKL!)

LOVE your photos of the castle show and fireworks! They turned out so good!

Really enjoying this report! :D

dancingtodisney

Just caught up on your TR, you got married on my birthday lol

I love your dress for the big day and WOW to those photos of wishes! Looking forward to the rest of your TR!

MerMom1981

Been following along & enjoying your report. Congratulations & thanks for sharing your Disneymoon!

I looked up Blue Heron after reading about it here. It looks fantastic & we booked for April 30th! So thanks!

FaithTrustAndPixieDust

Original Poster
Been following along & enjoying your report. Congratulations & thanks for sharing your Disneymoon!

I looked up Blue Heron after reading about it here. It looks fantastic & we booked for April 30th! So thanks!

Glad to hear! You will definitely like it there. Nice and quiet and not at all busy and only 5-10 minute drive to Disney! I loved having the washer/dryer too because on our 14 day trip we ended up running out of clothes to wear. I recommend staying around the 7th floor for the best view of the pool and all the Disney parks (the only one you can't see is Magic Kingdom). There is free wifi at the pool but not in the rooms. Any questions let me know! :)

MerMom1981

Glad to hear! You will definitely like it there. Nice and quiet and not at all busy and only 5-10 minute drive to Disney! I loved having the washer/dryer too because on our 14 day trip we ended up running out of clothes to wear. I recommend staying around the 7th floor for the best view of the pool and all the Disney parks (the only one you can't see is Magic Kingdom). There is free wifi at the pool but not in the rooms. Any questions let me know! :)

We booked a deluxe suite with a balcony at either end. Not sure what floor it's on, but I hope we have a nice view! I didn't realize you could see three of the parks! Now I'm even happier we're staying there!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom