Final chance to get a Turkey Leg at Disney's Animal Kingdom

DManRightHere

It seems so weird! Removing some of the most popular items that are very profitable!

Is Disney thinking of unleashing menu options that are good enough to drive in crowds based off of food alone??

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

So no more cannibalism in the park?
IMG_0828.JPG

No Name

This is strange. I would write a reason or two for why I think they are removing this and the churros, but I have absolutely no idea. Nothing adds up here.

Only idea is that maybe they using AK to test getting rid of certain food items, and if it "works" they will do the same in the other parks. But that doesn't explain why they're getting rid of two of what I thought were popular snack choices.

disney4life2008

My problem with Disney at this point is they are moving towards horrible food in quick service and kiosk places. I understand the need to behhealthy but i am on vacation! I want fries, chicken, all that bad stuff! Animal kingdom has never been my choice for qs food but the updated offerings are just yuck. I do like the african village but many of those choices are too out of realm for me. Disney needs to stick to chicken, fries, and burgers.

BrianLo

Money isn't behind these changes, I imagine Joe Rohde is. The goal is to turn Animal Kingdom into a less homogenized, more worldly (some might say classy), offering.

There is plenty of places to get burgers, chicken fingers and fries in the world. Turkey legs and Churros will continue to be a Magic Kingdom staple. It's ok to have a theme park that attempts to break out of the American mould and offer some unique choices that the average North American doesn't get at the staple drive though.

I imagine lots of people don't like it, but this doesn't need to be just another MK. This is not to insult people's varying tastes, but not every single park needs to aimed (the snobs would say lowered) to the average palate.

SirLink

Money isn't behind these changes, I imagine Joe Rohde is. The goal is to turn Animal Kingdom into a less homogenized, more worldly (some might say classy), offering.

There is plenty of places to get burgers, chicken fingers and fries in the world. Turkey legs and Churros will continue to be a Magic Kingdom staple. It's ok to have a theme park that attempts to break out of the American mould and offer some unique choices that the average North American doesn't get at the staple drive though.

I imagine lots of people don't like it, but this doesn't need to be just another MK. This is not to insult people's varying tastes, but not every single park needs to aimed (the snobs would say lowered) to the average palate.

This is a food and beverage decision. They looked at costs of producing enough Turkey Legs to cope with demand for two parks were adequately munching into the margins. By reducing the amount of Turkey Legs that need to be produced they get their margins a little bit more under control. Also it allows them to do give guests a 'positive' sandwich, a) they were too salty, b) allows them maneuverability to introduce more "less traditional theme park fare"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom