Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Surferboy567

Where's Mickey currently? Magic Eye right? I haven't stepped into Magic Eye since EO (2nd run) was there so it's been awhile haha.
Right when you walk in he’s to the right. It’s literally two or three steps, not even in the theater waiting area. I’ve used it to get a quick picture when it’s not very known. I haven’t seen the theater show since EO (2nd run) as well.

Moth

Right when you walk in he’s to the right. It’s literally two or three steps, not even in the theater waiting area. I’ve used it to get a quick picture when it’s not very known.
Yeah I just watched a video of a recent visit and that'd be perfect for Figment actually! Sorry it's been awhile since I visited the theater, it was like, 2015?

Cmdr_Crimson

What I see may happen, when the center of Future World opens, they’ll move Mickey out of Magic Eye, put Figment M&G there. They’ll be able to close the entire pavilion to do something with it.

If they took Guardians off of VQ, that would eat up Test Track. But the center of future world having the Mickey and Friends M&G will take some of the families into there.
Why not just stick him where Mickey is since he’s moving to Communicore Hall?
I've already have stated my predictions last year and as of now one is said and done which was Joy leaving.....
Again, the only way we know something is starting to go down is the closure of the DVC member lounge...And then the domino's will continue..

Cmdr_Crimson

Looks as the Sound Lab Figment is still having a hard time talking so, we're hearing his thoughts and it appears that the open house Figment's movements was updated. He doesn't appear to be as clunky in movement...

Inspired Figment

Looks as the Sound Lab Figment is still having a hard time talking so, we're hearing his thoughts and it appears that the open house Figment's movements was updated. He doesn't appear to be as clunky in movement...

It’s honestly so sad just how misaligned/non-working all the movements are on these figures these days. The Detour to Figment’s Upside Down Open House AA’s movement now is totally wonky. Compare to a POV from 2003. The difference is night & day:

Last edited:

Rodj

It's odd to me how some of the servos seem to be working currently but they are only partially moving or "drifting" instead of following the proper sequence. You can see this the most with the upper torso of the T&T Lab Dock AA.

Homemade Imagineering

It's odd to me how some of the servos seem to be working currently but they are only partially moving or "drifting" instead of following the proper sequence. You can see this the most with the upper torso of the T&T Lab Dock AA.
They’re pneumatic cylinders, which can have problems if the internal O Rings in the cylinders start to disintegrate from wear and age. General leakage from the figure can also happen, and there is typically a set psi for those figures to operate. Flow controls have a big impact on how fast he will move around, if the flow controls are closed the cylinders won’t be able to fully extend/retract, at least at the proper speed they’re meant to

Rodj

They’re pneumatic cylinders, which can have problems if the internal O Rings in the cylinders start to disintegrate from wear and age. General leakage from the figure can also happen, and there is typically a set psi for those figures to operate. Flow controls have a big impact on how fast he will move around, if the flow controls are closed the cylinders won’t be able to fully extend/retract, at least at the proper speed they’re meant to
I would have thought they would of switched to electric servos for 2002. This isn't as issue where it isn't extending/retracting fully, it's just not following the proper sequence. Back before they did work on the AA's back in October 2023, the upper torso and head of the dock AA would twist/turn "somewhat" properly(still a bit janky/jerky), but afterwards, suddenly the head hardly turned left/right(I would say it is actually turns a bit in the wrong directions now) and the upper torso now drifts to the fully twisted position and stays in that position until towards the end. It's a bit hard to explain, but here is a video earlier in 2023 to compare with the video posted earlier from 2024:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom