Figment Survey

brb1006

Considering how the way Figment is introduced as "One of Their Discoveries"....Honestly have you noticed the disgust on Nigel's face when Figment Pops up and how he acts to him...It's awful and hurtful to a memorable character..
4437650585_3d6bdc7897_b.jpg
Didn't the second Imagination queue at one point have the announcer tell Figment to buzz off or something like that since he might had made a brief appearance on one of the signs? Or I could be remembering wrong?

trainplane3

Didn't the second Imagination queue at one point have the announcer tell Figment to buzz off or something like that since he might had made a brief appearance on one of the signs? Or I could be remembering wrong?
I remember seeing Figment pop up on the queue screens and then fly off. I don't know about the buzz off part though. I'll never forget how crushed little me (like under 10) was when Figment was nowhere on the ride except for the couple things he said at the very end. Then they brought him back and made him into someone that was constantly interrupting and annoying.

Just make him have the personality of someone finding things out for the first time (child-like/not HEY GUYS IMAGINATION/TASTES LIKE CHICKEN/LOOK AT ME cringiness) and not have him working against another character (Channing).

Side note, the Figment comics are seriously great. I would buy more if they made them.

MuteSuperstar

Just make him have the personality of someone finding things out for the first time (child-like/not HEY GUYS IMAGINATION/TASTES LIKE CHICKEN/LOOK AT ME cringiness)

Oh we can't have that. Everything has to have stale, unfunny, Dreamworks-y snark. Sadly I think most of the average guests love that kind of alleged humor. Child-like wonder doesn't play too well with the phone zombie generation.

But really if they can't get this ride right on the next attempt I would rather they go in a totally different direction and not saddle Figment with another total misfire. Whatever happens I have serious doubts that Figment will be part of the next iteration of this ride anyway. The least they could do is put SOMETHING worthwhile back in the theater until they figure out what to do with the ride. The current state of that pavilion is just embarrassing in 2017. The fountains are the most interesting thing at this point.

Last edited:

disney1023

I think Figment would be great on the Disney channel. He would be great for an educational program.
Figment already had two programs on the Disney Channel. When Disney Channel was first a thing, they showed a short lived TV series known as "Dreamfinders" (with nothing but a pan flit to remember it by) and an educational program known as "Would you eat a Blue Potato?" (of witch you can watch on you tube). In the end, Figment is a "park only" character like the Hitchhiking Ghosts or the Society of Explorers and Adventurers.

trainplane3

Oh we can't have that. Everything has to have stale, unfunny, Dreamworks-y snark. Sadly I think most of the average guests love that kind of alleged humor. Child-like wonder doesn't play too well with the phone zombie generation.

But really if they can't get this ride right on the next attempt I would rather they go in a totally different direction and not saddle Figment with another total misfire. Whatever happens I have serious doubts that Figment will be part of the next iteration of this ride anyway. The least they could do is put SOMETHING worthwhile back in the theater until they figure out what to do with the ride. The current state of that pavilion is just embarrassing in 2017. The fountains are the most interesting thing at this point.
Sadly I agree. I can't believe that pavilion is still the same (and worse) then it was back in 2003. Either do it right or ditch it all together. And if they go the ditch it route, keep Figment as the mascot of the festivals since that seems to work. Maybe do short ads on TV in the resort with him covering a festival. Who knows, it could create new interest and a whole new ride could come out of it far down the road. At this point, they just need to rebuild his character into someone more likable.

And the insanely poor CGI of him on the ride hurts my eyes every time. I know it was tossed together in less then a year, but they could've made him look better and improved the animations.

Cmdr_Crimson

Yes he appeared in the sign where the stars connect...And he's also in the ending of the 2nd version voiced by Billy Barty...
Journey+27+YOUR+Stills+2.jpg

Figment already had two programs on the Disney Channel. When Disney Channel was first a thing, they showed a short lived TV series known as "Dreamfinders" (with nothing but a pan flit to remember it by) and an educational program known as "Would you eat a Blue Potato?" (of witch you can watch on you tube). In the end, Figment is a "park only" character like the Hitchhiking Ghosts or the Society of Explorers and Adventurers.
There were more educational films that came out after that...This article talks about all of the Films that were created...
https://www.mouseplanet.com/11360/The_Forgotten_Films_of_Figment
MissingSpace.jpg
ReadingMagicFigment.jpg

Speaking of the Peter Pan & Figment film..There is an copy of it that was posted on Youtube...The audio is terrible but, the film is okay..

Captain Neo

Everyone quickly buy the figment and figment 2 trade paperbacks on Amazon to show your support and tell Disney to preserve journey into imagination!

huwar18

I never saw that. However, that is when Disney was a paid channel in my area. We didn't have it haha. Well, if Disney is all about synergy, that is one way to promote.

Cmdr_Crimson

The real mystery was the concept art that was up at Themepark connection in that there were to have plans for a Phineas & Ferb takeover of the pavilion....I still find it interesting if their was plans to make a face character of the lady that was in the computer age in Spaceship Earth...The outfit is a Dead giveaway....
image_zps9b01c15e.jpg
7469099e4d9176819a17b3f3a33aa33f.jpg

FigmentJedi

The real mystery was the concept art that was up at Themepark connection in that there were to have plans for a Phineas & Ferb takeover of the pavilion....I still find it interesting if their was plans to make a face character of the lady that was in the computer age in Spaceship Earth...The outfit is a Dead giveaway....
image_zps9b01c15e.jpg
7469099e4d9176819a17b3f3a33aa33f.jpg
That wasn't so much a full takeover plan as much as it was putting the Perry the Platypus in World Showcase HQ in the old Camera Shop/Figment Meet and Greet.

Maddie Terwilliger

Ok but... why Figment? Is there a reason for this?
Honestly I think the ride should retire... which is sad but no one really goes on it.

There have been rumors that Epcot is replacing Journey Into Imagination with the Tron rollercoaster ride like Shanghai, but I seriously doubt they would do that. However, if they did I would be the happiest girl on the planet!!!!
o9d5ltd29JXJc9eJw8F-o.jpg

Haymarket2008

Ok but... why Figment? Is there a reason for this?
Honestly I think the ride should retire... which is sad but no one really goes on it.

There have been rumors that Epcot is replacing Journey Into Imagination with the Tron rollercoaster ride like Shanghai, but I seriously doubt they would do that. However, if they did I would be the happiest girl on the planet!!!!
o9d5ltd29JXJc9eJw8F-o.jpg

Uh....there have been rumors about Tron but they were very quickly debunked a long time ago. It never legitimately was considered for the Imagination plot. And if you researched Figment's past and context within the history of the park, then you would understand why people want a better attraction with him continuing as the star.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom