Fifth Park: The Park of the Past

DisneyMarg

Original Poster
I doubt I'm the first to have this idea - you guys are way ahead of me - but I didn't see it when I searched.

To make all of us happy that hate losing the good old attractions, how about a Park of the Past - That's where you'd go to find Horizons, World of Motion, Mission to Mars, 20,000 Leagues, Alien Adventure, and every 3D movie from the HISTA theater - not to mention Magic Journeys. And, soon to be added: Wonders of Health, Carosel of Progress, and Timekeeper.

For entertainment, the statues from Epcot would be there, along with Cast in Bronze. Oh, and maybe some real animators in a little working studio. Now wouldn't that be nice?

One of the lands in the park could be Future Past Perfect (for all those "future" themed attractions that are a bit outdated)

What else do you think they could do there?

stitchcastle

Yup, there has been ideas like this (I think it was in some other board though) even went on to suggest that the entire entrance plaza be in black and white :D

Sledge

Account Suspended
First, there is a reason those rides are no longer around. Disney doesn't just decide to remove them for no reason. I miss JII and MTRW so, so, so, so much but that doesn't mean I think having a whole park for past rides would be a good idea in the long run.

Second, I don't think "rides of the past" is very marketable towards casual fans. Die-hard Disney fans would love it, but they aren't going to build anything just for us unfortunately.

Part of me would love to see it, but I know it would become stale pretty fast. They should just put MTRW in the 20K area and put JII back. :)

Pioneer Hall

This has come up countless times, and it seems like I am always here to say why it would never happen or work.

Disney does not get rid of attractions because they are doing well, or because there is a huge guest demand for them. Although many Disney fans loved horizons, kitchen kabaret, world of motion, etc...Disney knows that there is no demand for these attractions. So they built more popular attractions in their place like Mission:Space, Test Track, Pooh and more. If it was even possible to bring these attractions back (which is obviously isn't), disney would not even consider it. A park like that would make no money because no one but a true Disney fan would enter its gates.

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
the park wouldn't work, but I'd like to see an attraction built around it. kind of like one man's dream. film loops and narratives of the attractions, with pieces and props there. to be able to sit in a 20k sub or a Mr. Toad's car. something like that. there's nothing wrong with nostalgia at WDW.

DonaldD1987

I like the idea. I think that they would need to attatch it to an already existing park like MK. To succeed it would need to be in a place that has a steady stream of people coming everyday, so they would be able to get people into it. Like Disneyinsider said only true disney fans would go into it.

stitchlvr

While I agree it would never work, its fun to dream, right? I like the idea of having nostalgic props available to pictures, reminiscing etc. It would be fun to have a 20kluts sub there to walk through, take pictures of etc. Sort of a memorial to the ride. And a Mr. Toad car to take pictures in (like the car outside of the Speedway, or the car outside of the Sci-Fi drive-in restaurant.

pat in the hat

I like the idea, but agree it would never happen.

One thing that Disney does need to keep in mind is that it is important to cater to the "die hard" fans. Afterall, we are the ones coming back year after year, and we're the ones raising the next generation of Disney fans. We're forgiving of 45 minute waits for the buses and increasing room and ticket prices . . . because we "get it." We understand the magic, and can still feel it even in the face of disappointing "shows." We are less likely to trade in our vacation to Disney for Universal, Cedar Point, or any where else for that matter at the first sign of long lines, or attraction glitches.

So while it's important to appease the masses for the numbers game, it's the true fans (like us) who keep them in business! Every business has its "loss leaders" (products/services that may not make cost sense, but do make sense in terms of service to its audience/market) and Disney too needs to be smart about which of the Disney fan favorites (CoP, etc.) that it can no longer (or no longer wants to) afford!

*steps off of soap box* :lookaroun

erasure fan1

The only way this might work would be to make them in a simulator in Disney quest. You could do it in a unit like the make your own roller coaster ride but instead you select the “classic” ride you want to ride. The hard core Disney fan is I think the minority not majority. Its like music, when a band tours they play for the masses because a lot of people buying tickets are not the hard core fans. If they didnt the next tour people might not buy tickets because they didnt play songs they know. It does sometimes stink but that’s the way of it. I just hope that what they come out with is an A+ attraction, and for the most part I think they have done well. That’s how I see it anyway.

tinkish

I like the idea...but, then again....it would be sad to see attractions be "retired" to the "old park"...er..."Disney's Retired Rides Park"...it would be sad...I think.

DisneyMarg

Original Poster
Oh I know. I didn't really mean they could do it or if they could, would do it. I was just dreaming a little and wondering what else you think they should put in there if they could/would?

Neptune

Alot of those rides were taken away for a good reason, either safety, or just plain boring, etc. I loved 20,000 leagues. this is not a bad ideam but it wont succeed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom