FieldGuides

MarknSue

Original Poster
Anyone out there bought the Field Guide to Animal Kingdom, and used it to hunt down the beasties? We bought a copy on our last trip but thought the book was too nice to scrawl all over!
We did get our value for money though - we'd not realised before that there is an Anteeater on the left as you enter the park - he had never been out and about when we were walking by. Having seen him in the book we made special visits and finally caught up with him - one of my favourite creatures in the park.
Mark

ps His name is Adam

orlpassholder

wow never bought one before. To be honest I have only been to Animal Kingdom maybe 3 times. I really need to spend one weekend totally focused on that park itself. Im usually at Epcot of MK all the time

MarknSue

Original Poster
You can buy it in the larger AK stores for $12.95. It helps you identify 200 animals and 200 plants and trees.

RyanS

i don't know if this has been discussed before, but i read in some guide that there is a hidden pathway somewhere in the park. is this true?

MarknSue

Original Poster
hmm, don't know about a particular hidden pathway, but we found quite a few goatpaths this time - probably because the field guide opened our eyes and made us look around a bit more!:lookaroun

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by RyanS
i don't know if this has been discussed before, but i read in some guide that there is a hidden pathway somewhere in the park. is this true?

Yes, there WAS a hidden path! We went to show it to my son's friend, and it was blocked (we think) by a lantern and new plants! We walked all around the area where we had seen it before (at least 1/2 dozen times) and could not find it! I'm sure we didn't miss it...it's just not there anymore! Can anyone shed any light on this? (BTW, it was in Asia, fairly close to the designated smoking area) There was a footpath which wove back into the woods, with stepping stones crossing the stream. We were able to find the stream, but no path!

burbur

yes, i've been on the "hidden" path. i never found out much about it, b/c most of my fellow CMs had never even been to asia, let alone on the path. so one day, while working mind you, i went exploring. i found the path, but it had some plants blocking it. since i had a radio on, i just decided to take it. i mean, i do look kind of official. so, i followed it. and yes, the stepping stones across the stream are so cool. but the path didn't lead anywhere. the end of it was overgrown. but it was cool. when i told my manager he laughed at me for trying to take it, b/c he knew it didn't lead anywhere. maybe it used to make a circle, but not anymore. kind of cool, though... made the entire park seem older than it really is...

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by burbur
yes, i've been on the "hidden" path. i never found out much about it, b/c most of my fellow CMs had never even been to asia, let alone on the path. so one day, while working mind you, i went exploring. i found the path, but it had some plants blocking it. since i had a radio on, i just decided to take it. i mean, i do look kind of official. so, i followed it. and yes, the stepping stones across the stream are so cool. but the path didn't lead anywhere. the end of it was overgrown. but it was cool. when i told my manager he laughed at me for trying to take it, b/c he knew it didn't lead anywhere. maybe it used to make a circle, but not anymore. kind of cool, though... made the entire park seem older than it really is...

Thank you! Last June, it was still open, and came out further down the main trail in Asia.

burbur

The Mom: aren't the stepping stones cool? i can see why they closed it being a safety hazard and all (wet stones don't make for good steps), but i like the mystery of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom