fiber optic cement

WDW Monorail

Not only is this a sad 6 year bump, it's my first post! What happened to these fiber optics. I went in September 2014 and promised my wife streets of gold. I saw 3 tiles lit up.

There are only 30 or so panels on one side of Future World and Less on the other side which have different patterns, not an entire pathway. They worked perfectly fine a couple of months ago. They are also not all lit simultaneously.

This is another case of someone mistakingly remembering that things used to be better than they actually are.

Last edited:

P_Radden

Here is a pic of 1 square I took on Sept 1 this year:
20150830_201512.jpg

Thought I had more pics, but only video. I remember being absolutely blown away by these back in 1998 when I first visited Epcot, and am glad to say they were still pretty cool this time around as well!

Brerfoxwastaken

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I am glad they are there. I went to look for them last year and only saw the 3 Squares. The 3 squares were together, but formed 3/4 of a larger box. Not a pattern I could see. Just sort of stars. Wish I would have taken a picture or video. I will look harder this trip in November, but I must have been in the right place. I don't think there is a spot separated out from the other with only 3 squares. Thanks again.

Rob562

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I am glad they are there. I went to look for them last year and only saw the 3 Squares. The 3 squares were together, but formed 3/4 of a larger box. Not a pattern I could see. Just sort of stars. Wish I would have taken a picture or video. I will look harder this trip in November, but I must have been in the right place. I don't think there is a spot separated out from the other with only 3 squares. Thanks again.

There are patterns of squares that are only "stars" on both sides of the main walkways, but the larger patterns (including the one posted above) are over near the entrance doors to Innoventions West.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom