Few Things

Are you still going to go ahead with your trip to wdw?

• Yes, but shall not book another

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but I am going to book another wdw holiday

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • No, and I dont plan to book another

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, and shall book another

Votes: 25 96.2%

• Total voters

Al

Original Poster
The recent cut backs are absoultely terrible, i was wondering, will this slow down the work on Mission:Space? Also I heard somewhere, i think laughingplace , that proposed plans like the indiana jones ride will be shelved. I think this is wrong, because they need something new to draw everyone to the parks. Even though the cut backs are terrible and to some seem rediculous, like River Country being closed for 1 year ( I know its only currently a rumour), I think that it is ok (but not fine) as long as it keeps the company going and making a profit.

I think/hope that they will catch osoma bin laden, because people are afriad of flying now. I hear that $1billion has been given to kill/capture him. The anthrax outbreaks in florida also cannot be helping things, because people fear of catching the disease. The facts need to be given out that the outbreaks there are now (supposedly) gone. I know a family are/were planning to go to florida for 2 weeks next month, but the mums , dad has pleaded and begged with them not to go, and has offered to give them the money.

Many people are cancelling because of fear of their own safety. Things are not looking good at wdw, take the whats new page of wdwmagic.com:

October 23 2001
SpectroMagic may be CANCELLED
Backstage Pass CLOSED
Fantasmic may go to REDUCED show schedule
DVC Eagle Pines Resort now on permanent hold
River Country to remain closed for the whole of 2002

All it is is closed closed closed. This is a terrible time for everyone.

JAY-ROD

I want be going back anytine soon! I mean why would I? that just kept cutting,cutting, and cutting! And I still have to pay the same price! Until they get things going again, I will not be going to WDW!

markymark

Originally posted by JAY-ROD
I want be going back anytine soon! I mean why would I? that just kept cutting,cutting, and cutting! And I still have to pay the same price! Until they get things going again, I will not be going to WDW!

Really Jay?

I mean it's bad all these cut's but there is NO WAY I would not visit. I have just been given the dates of my visit next year. There is just no chance I wouldn't go.

Yes, there are cuts, but there is so much still to see and do, I really am surprised that you wouldn't go.

Ariel

I'm not sure when I plan to go, but the cutbacks and all won't keep me away. It's disappointing that things are the way they are now, but the country is in a tough time. I'm sure eventually the resort will be back to being better than ever. But, I still love it there and won't let a few little things keep me away.

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by markymark

Really Jay?

I mean it's bad all these cut's but there is NO WAY I would not visit. I have just been given the dates of my visit next year. There is just no chance I wouldn't go.

Yes, there are cuts, but there is so much still to see and do, I really am surprised that you wouldn't go.

Yeah I agree with you marky! But man its just getting worse by the day now! Any news u hear from disney is coming out bad! Dont get me wrong I love the place! But I get tired of paying full price to a park when they kept cutting back on everything! I think if we kept going and everythng that disney will think its ok to cut everything back and continue to do it as well! Sorry to ramble but this really does bother me!

markymark

Yeah I agree with you marky! But man its just getting worse by the day now! Any news u hear from disney is coming out bad! Dont get me wrong I love the place! But I get tired of paying full price to a park when they kept cutting back on everything! I think if we kept going and everythng that disney will think its ok to cut everything back and continue to do it as well! Sorry to ramble but this really does bother me!

I know Jay, it's just one of those situations!!

If we don't go, they'll close more (possibly) if we do go, are we getting ripped off?

JAY-ROD

If we don't go, they'll close more (possibly) if we do go, are we getting ripped off?

How long has Disney Parks been on the downside?

JAY-ROD

Is DisneyWorld getting any better by cutting back though? Seems like there plan is not working to me! Maybe if they do the opposite of what there doing now. Things might get back to normal! I think Disney needs to set the tone for the other tourist atraction around the world! With them being the number 1 toursit place and seen what they have done with cutbacks! Everybody else is following Disney down that path as well! Disney shoud take another route and not do this! It just sets a bad example to everybody!

JAY-ROD

AWWW hell!! and I'm involved in it!!

Yes its very rare that me and you have a serious conversation! lol By the way its ur turn to reply back about the sitution! :D :) I wish steve would get involved in thios thread! I would like to hear his insight as well!;)

Ariel

Is DisneyWorld getting any better by cutting back though? Seems like there plan is not working to me! Maybe if they do the opposite of what there doing now. Things might get back to normal! I think Disney needs to set the tone for the other tourist atraction around the world! With them being the number 1 toursit place and seen what they have done with cutbacks! Everybody else is following Disney down that path as well! Disney shoud take another route and not do this! It just sets a bad example to everybody!

I'm quite sure it isn't getting any better, but it's probably also true that they're cutting back simply because tourism itself has suffered such setbacks as of late. It doesn't help that everything is tremendously over priced in wdw, so maybe a time like this will force them to consider they're pricing (although I really doubt it). I'm sure many different tourist attractions will follow, unfortunately, not just because of Disney, but because of the economy. Let's hope that as time goes by, things will improve overall. :)

markymark

Yes its very rare that me and you have a serious conversation! lol By the way its ur turn to reply back about the sitution! :D :) I wish steve would get involved in thios thread! I would like to hear his insight as well!;)

I am sure he doesn't need to reply. Our insight into the situation is so great :lookaroun he probably doesn't want to appear short on info!! LOL!!

JAY-ROD

I am sure he doesn't need to reply. Our insight into the situation is so great :lookaroun he probably doesn't want to appear short on info!! LOL!!

Good point! Stay out of this Steve! We dont need your DisneyOwner opinion! :D :p :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom