Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

jrh1985

This is one of the few actual insiders on here I trust. For those that don't know I believe he helped with a lot of info about the hub expansion before it was news. At least if my memory is correct. And it was also talked about on micechat how MSEP wasn't supposed to stay at our park for long. And since Disneyland's budget for the 60th was slashed to ribbons due to our Magic + scenario they were going to bring the MSEP back there for nostalgia purposes on a budget. SO Festival of Fantasy was going to be the day and night parade with 2 showings or something along those lines I recall reading. But then TDA got their budget back because anaheim is amazing and now they are getting an upgraded paint the night, leaving us with the old MSEP for another decade. Meaning TDO would skip on upgrading the parade route. So his story checks out in full as usual. There are people to be wary of on here, @TheVisionarySoul isn't one of them.
So, TDA's budget was stronger after MM+? Or, was something else from the 60th cut? Because, I would think it's more expensive to build PTN in HK and ship it over/on the ocean than to simply move MSEP from the east coast to the west coast. I also started thinking would we even be talking about FOF at night if MSEP went home when it was supposed to or never came to MK(moved to DL for the 55th). Surely MK wouldn't destroy Spectro just for FOF? Would they?????

Sped2424

So, TDA's budget was stronger after MM+? Or, was something else from the 60th cut? Because, I would think it's more expensive to build PTN in HK and ship it over/on the ocean than to simply move MSEP from the east coast to the west coast. I also started thinking would we even be talking about FOF at night if MSEP went home when it was supposed to or never came to MK(moved to DL for the 55th). Surely MK wouldn't destroy Spectro just for FOF? Would they?????
TDA was able to secure a budget again. Happens all the time And they aren't simply shipping paint the night over here. They cloned it and added new floats. Spectro was destroyed due to "neglect" of the floats. Or something along those lines. Go read up on micechat if you don't believe me.

jrh1985

TDA was able to secure a budget again. Happens all the time And they aren't simply shipping paint the night over here. They cloned it and added new floats. Spectro was destroyed due to "neglect" of the floats. Or something along those lines. Go read up on micechat if you don't believe me.

I know, I have read on micechat and here. I'm asking which is more expensive, Building DL's PTN and Shipping it form HK or shipping MSEP from MK to DL. Also I was asking where would FOF be if Spectro was still around. In the same place I'd guess.

I was just wondering/thinking if things went differently over the past 4 years that's all.

doctornick

I wasn't leaving that out in the open for you to decide. The parade was originally designed for night use. That's a fact. Magic Kingdom was supposed to spend money to upgrade their lighting, which they didn't, plus the operations people in that park still insisted in having the MSEP at night. It's just a bad political situation in that park.

Personally, I'm glad. I hate the idea of only having one parade that runs each day (day and night) and would rather have both FOF and MSEP running. But I'm also a big fan of MSEP, so I'm more than happy to see that continue -- though renovating or replacing some floats would be good, I simply love the music and overall vibe of MSEP.

Because we still have MSEP. Which is great IMO. Now if city hall gets tons of great feedback from last night and the next three, could MK add a dusk performance on select days? Maybe instead of the 1200 noon one during holiday weeks?

I think that would be cool -- one daytime and one dusk running for FOF and then keeping MSEP at night.

Sped2424

I know, I have read on micechat and here. I'm asking which is more expensive, Building DL's PTN and Shipping it form HK or shipping MSEP from MK to DL. Also I was asking where would FOF be if Spectro was still around. In the same place I'd guess.

I was just wondering/thinking if things went differently over the past 4 years that's all.
They build paint the night here and then ship it out to hong kong, not the other way around. They just got v1 of the parade. While disneyland is getting 1.5

jrh1985

They build paint the night here and then ship it out to hong kong, not the other way around. They just got v1 of the parade. While disneyland is getting 1.5
Really?? On Micechat or maybe here in the Disneyland60 thread it was the other way around! I hate not being an insider!

TTA94

Any idea why they are insisting on keeping MSEP?

Hopefully they still plan to upgrade the route lighting and change FOFs schedule.

jrh1985

They should do like DL did. Destroy MSEP, put FOF twice a day (day and night) and wait for a new night parade.
DL didn't destroy MESP, MK has it. DL ended MSEP because they thought LM was a good idea. It failed, and after summer 1998(Mulan debuted at night because Hurk was still around)it hasn't had a specific night parade since.

Kman101

They could even just spend the money to truly upgrade/refurb the MSEP floats, turning some of them into new floats, update the music (sort of like Paint The Night still uses a bit of the Baroque Hoedown) and they don't even need to do all new floats, etc. Although I guess it could also be easier to just do all new floats. I don't really know.

Kman101

I love MSEP. I have a nostalgia attachment to it (which, sorry fans of it, that I never had with SpectroMagic, even though I really liked it too, of course). But it's *beyond* time for it to be retired. Especially when you see what they're now capable of. If more guests saw what Dreamlights, Paint the Night (the tech, not super in love with it as a whole, TBH, but I'm sure Disneyland's will be better balanced), etc, are capable of, they'd want a replacement too.

doctornick

They should do like DL did. Destroy MSEP, put FOF twice a day (day and night) and wait for a new night parade.

Terrible idea. If a new light parade was currently being built, then I could get down with this plan in anticipation of that. But I wouldn't ditch MSEP with the intent that "someday" a new light parade would come along -- that just means we'd be down to only FOF.

FOF is great, but it's better to have two different parades than one that goes day and night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom