Ferry dock remodel

Raineman

So, will people who are transferring from the Epcot monorail loop to the MK/resort loop at the TTC have to go through security before they board the MK.resort loop trains, or would they have already passed through a security checkpoint at Epcot? Sorry if this sounds like a newbie question-I have never been on the monorail.

Rider

Epcot monorail entrance is beyond the current security checkpoint.

The exit is outside security though. Not sure I'd they will change that to avoid double screening or not.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
So, will people who are transferring from the Epcot monorail loop to the MK/resort loop at the TTC have to go through security before they board the MK.resort loop trains, or would they have already passed through a security checkpoint at Epcot? Sorry if this sounds like a newbie question-I have never been on the monorail.

My understanding is that changes are being made to all four parks in regard to security checkpoints. I belive that there are permits to back this up as well. The way I belive they will make it work at EPCOT is that the monorail entrance and exit will be in the secure zone.

So for example if you are at the Poly you would be screened at the Poly then proceed to TTC switch to the EPCOT line and then be able to proceed to EPCOT without going threw security. When you want to go back to the Poly, you would leave EPCOT get on the monorail, transfer at TTC and get off at Poly all without having to go threw security as you never left the safe zone.

COProgressFan

I was wondering this as well. I'm not an AP holder, but I think at the least, they should get a special line.
I also keep wondering when Disney will go with the standard that most large venue facilities have now adopted, like sports and concert facilities, and start encouraging (eventually forcing) everyone to carry clear see-thru bags.

That sounds like a terrible, inconvenient idea. I know this conversation has come up before, but there is a difference between visiting a concert or sports venue for a few hours, and taking a family to a theme park for an entire day.

Also, I'm not a huge sports fan, but I have been lots of games over the years. Is this really a requirement now? I have been to numerous concerts in the past couple years and have also not see any "clear bag" requirement.

COProgressFan

I am sure it was long overdue for a renovation. I wondered what happen to the bricks on the walkways that were purchased by Disney fan's such as myself. We had a brick placed in this area in 1995. We went last year and it was there and still in great shape. We are going for a visit again in Dec.

Our brick from 1995 is also still there in that patch near the bus stops and Ferry dock! I admit that area needs a refresh (many of those bricks are in poor condition) but it's always nice to see it still there.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Now, something I'm not sure of.... Resort Boats. From Poly, WL, Campgrounds, GF....

These are on the lake. What are the plans for the Security Zone that people taking these must pass through?
Why I ask : From the WL, we have choices. We would PERSONALLY choose to be screened departing from the Hotel, NOT through what will become "boat traffic".
Read as: avoid Ferry Screening (local traffic) at all costs.

All of this is a QUESTION - not a comment, or opinion.....

mm121

I was wondering this as well. I'm not an AP holder, but I think at the least, they should get a special line.
I also keep wondering when Disney will go with the standard that most large venue facilities have now adopted, like sports and concert facilities, and start encouraging (eventually forcing) everyone to carry clear see-thru bags.
this would be supper annoying and impractical, as its different going to a game for a few hours than a theme park for all day

especially parent with kids this wouldnt work for as babies and kids need lots of "stuff"

even as an adult i hate the clear bag rules since i like to take my phone battery pack and a few other essentials with me to places if im going to be there for any length of time

and they not only stipulate the bags be clear they are strict about the size of them, and carrying clear bags of valuables is just asking to get robbed.

That sounds like a terrible, inconvenient idea. I know this conversation has come up before, but there is a difference between visiting a concert or sports venue for a few hours, and taking a family to a theme park for an entire day.

Also, I'm not a huge sports fan, but I have been lots of games over the years. Is this really a requirement now? I have been to numerous concerts in the past couple years and have also not see any "clear bag" requirement.

agreed its a terrible idea

its mostly nfl games i think, though its up to the venues have only run into it once thus far

GrumpyFan

this would be supper annoying and impractical, as its different going to a game for a few hours than a theme park for all day

especially parent with kids this wouldnt work for as babies and kids need lots of "stuff"

even as an adult i hate the clear bag rules since i like to take my phone battery pack and a few other essentials with me to places if im going to be there for any length of time

and they not only stipulate the bags be clear they are strict about the size of them, and carrying clear bags of valuables is just asking to get robbed.

agreed its a terrible idea

its mostly nfl games i think, though its up to the venues have only run into it once thus far

I agree, it's not ideal, and is somewhat annoying, however, it's more than just NFL games. The policy has been adopted by almost all the major sports leagues and stadiums as well as NCAA at most of their major events. Just google "clear bag policy", and you can see who and where it's been implemented.

I think for Disney, and other parks in Orlando, it might prove difficult to enforce due to all of the international tourists they get, and the difficulty of getting the message out, but still, it is a trend that seems to be growing.

Ted Daggett

Anyone know of the proposed completion date for this remodel?
I will be there December 9, 2016. Would be nice if complete by then, but doesn't seem possible...

pvtim

I agree, it's not ideal, and is somewhat annoying, however, it's more than just NFL games. The policy has been adopted by almost all the major sports leagues and stadiums as well as NCAA at most of their major events. Just google "clear bag policy", and you can see who and where it's been implemented.

I think for Disney, and other parks in Orlando, it might prove difficult to enforce due to all of the international tourists they get, and the difficulty of getting the message out, but still, it is a trend that seems to be growing.

Do they really want people with clear plastic bags? How will they sell the $300 Dooney & Burke, $95 Vera Bradley or even pitch the $15 drawstring with $50 purchase in the stores?

Creathir

There is a good chance that policy is driven by the insurers of those properties.

Disney IS the insurer, so they are free to govern however they want.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
So how does screening work at the resort boat launches and the resort monorail stations for resort guests? There hasn't been any sort of construction at these locations to accommodate screening, and how are they going to handle the logistics of screening? Have a guard at each location? That seems like it would be an even less secure way of doing things.

vershine

Our brick from 1995 is also still there in that patch near the bus stops and Ferry dock! I admit that area needs a refresh (many of those bricks are in poor condition) but it's always nice to see it still there.
Ours is placed on the walkway but a little off to the right and received little traffic. When there in Dec 2015, I was amazed how well it was (pic attached) Almost like new.

Attachments

• 247018_10153238058473531_2631668536469335278_n.jpg
    247018_10153238058473531_2631668536469335278_n.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 78

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
My understanding is that changes are being made to all four parks in regard to security checkpoints. I belive that there are permits to back this up as well. The way I belive they will make it work at EPCOT is that the monorail entrance and exit will be in the secure zone.

So for example if you are at the Poly you would be screened at the Poly then proceed to TTC switch to the EPCOT line and then be able to proceed to EPCOT without going threw security. When you want to go back to the Poly, you would leave EPCOT get on the monorail, transfer at TTC and get off at Poly all without having to go threw security as you never left the safe zone.

Yes.... This will eventually be true....

*1023*

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, November 2. The red brick walkway along the water's edge is coming along quickly, perhaps to have it open before the rest of the construction is completed. The worker is sweeping sand between the bricks. The concrete foundation for the separation wall or fence is in place.

IMG_8585.JPG

Same day, 5 hours later.

IMG_8601.JPG

Creathir

Photo update as of Wednesday, November 2. The red brick walkway along the water's edge is coming along quickly, perhaps to have it open before the rest of the construction is completed. The worker is sweeping sand between the bricks. The concrete foundation for the separation wall or fence is in place.

View attachment 172867

Same day, 5 hours later.

View attachment 172868

So it sounds like they are trying to get that walkway open before the rest, likely so they can close off the other entrance and work on tying up that portion of the security fence.

Pretty awesome! Thanks for the pics!

Figment2005

Its hard to tell in the pictures but there is an elevation difference between the new concrete and the section being worked on to the left. It seems as though the 2 levels will provide separation with fencing and/or planters being a barrier between the secured ferry entrance/exit and the unsecure bus entrance.

roj2323

Original Poster

View attachment 172867

Same day, 5 hours later.

View attachment 172868
They are in a heck of a hurry it seems. I wish I saw this speed more often.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom