February or April School Vacation???

Rachel S1321

I'm planning for either the last week of Feb or last week of April for next year. We typically go in September but I'm on the fence with taking my daughter out of school since she will be starting a new school. Which month is better to travel in? How are the crowds? The way I look at it is either way we will be in Disney :)

Rachel S1321

Original Poster
Thank you for your response. I had no idea end of Feb was peak season!! I'm guessing temps are a bit warmer in April so the kids could swim?

Upvote 0

ItlngrlBella

Is late Feb peak because of some folks starting spring break early?

Besides August are there any "slower" less crowded times even left anymore? I feel like the Brazilians, Marathoners and cheer competition groups took over those once "slower" seasons.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Is late Feb peak because of some folks starting spring break early?

Besides August are there any "slower" less crowded times even left anymore? I feel like the Brazilians, Marathoners and cheer competition groups took over those once "slower" seasons.
It is my understanding that a number of school districts around the country have a winter break that occurs in late February. You also have President's day and Valentines day to contend with.

Upvote 0

wdwstateofmind

The first two weeks of September are pretty slow because Florida public schools are in full swing. Paying attention to the Florida school vacations is a good indicator of when it will be really busy.

Upvote 0

Gaston's gal

I have a friend who went the last week of August and said that it was pretty empty. Otherwise, I would think towards the end of April would be a good time because all of the Spring Breaks are over and it will be warmer. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

gonetowdw

We just got back yesterday...stayed from Feb. 21st to 28th. It was very crowded but manageable. Many CM's commented that there are no slow times anymore. There were a lot of people from the Northeast who said they were on winter break. The weather was up and down, mainly low to mid 70's. There were a couple really cool days.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom