February 12th, 2018 MK 6PM Close?

deix15x8

we're book to stay in WDW from 2/11-13 and now that the hours are available the Magic Kingdom is listed as closing at 6PM on Monday the 12th. Does anyone know why they would be closing so early? It doesn't seem like any of the other parks have extended hours to make up for it at all.

disneypearl

I was wondering why there is a 6pm closing as well? Is this going to make people stay away from the MK that day, or will it still be a typical attendance day? Maybe people will avoid it because of the early closing?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rumrunner

we're book to stay in WDW from 2/11-13 and now that the hours are available the Magic Kingdom is listed as closing at 6PM on Monday the 12th. Does anyone know why they would be closing so early? It doesn't seem like any of the other parks have extended hours to make up for it at all.
It seems Disney is trying to reduce its carbon foot print with all of these early closings. With Iger it wouldn't be far from the truth.

Upvote 0

mooremari

It seems strange for them to have a private event on February 12 and close the park early while they are also having a "Disney After Hours" ticketed event on February 15 the same week which means Magic Kingdom will be closed two nights that week.

Upvote 0

DD0532

It's likely a private event. That does happen from time to time. ;)

If it's closed early due to the private thing, is there still gonna be Happily Ever After?
We're going 2/11 Epcot, 2/12 MK, 2/13 AK
Really want to see the fireworks.
Is it better to go 2/11 8pm(skip Illuminations) for HEA or 2/13 8pm(skip River of Light)?
Many thanks.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
It seems strange for them to have a private event on February 12 and close the park early while they are also having a "Disney After Hours" ticketed event on February 15 the same week which means Magic Kingdom will be closed two nights that week.

After Hours events are only scheduled after the park would normally close that day. And MK is actually open an extra hour that day compared with the days before and after the 15th.

Upvote 0

mooremari

After Hours events are only scheduled after the park would normally close that day. And MK is actually open an extra hour that day compared with the days before and after the 15th.
At least they let us know months ago that MK was closing early on Feb. 12 so I assumed there would be no HEA. It was early enough that I was able to completely reschedule all my ADRs including BOG breakfast and CP supper. The early closing was on the itinerary even though HEA was not scheduled until later.

Upvote 0

yensid67

If it's closed early due to the private thing, is there still gonna be Happily Ever After?
We're going 2/11 Epcot, 2/12 MK, 2/13 AK
Really want to see the fireworks.
Is it better to go 2/11 8pm(skip Illuminations) for HEA or 2/13 8pm(skip River of Light)?
Many thanks.

Have to ask yourself..."What have I seen before?"
If you have seen Illuminations before, I would skip that because it hasn't changed much! HEA and RoL are both new and I would want to see them! If I had time and could go back to see Illuminations I would!

Upvote 0

Bigs

As suggested, it is actually a private event for a large group who is having a major conference that week. I know this because I will be lucky enough to be in attendance for the event.

Upvote 0

deix15x8

Original Poster
As suggested, it is actually a private event for a large group who is having a major conference that week. I know this because I will be lucky enough to be in attendance for the event.
Thanks for the update. Still going to the Magic Kingdom for the daytime, any idea if the group will be occupied by conference activities during the day and only visit at night, or will the park be crowded all day. I’m hoping the short day discourages a lot of people from picking the Magic Kingdom for the day.
BTW: hope you enjoy the event, maybe they’ll have a special fireworks show for you!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Starlight67

When did this early closing for private events thing start? I know I have rose colored glasses but I never remember this happening in the 'old days'.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom