Feb. 21st Star Wars land preview on ABC

CinematicFusion

Original Poster
Oh man sorry, I just saw the new studio development thread. Haven't been here in some time. I'm sure this is in that thread. My bad

FigmentJedi

I'm guessing this is going to be another one of those Disney fluff commercials. "We want to really transport you to the world of Star Wars, where characters walk around and we'll have two amazing attractions based on the great Star Wars universe." I don't expect any real details to come of this.

This is my fear also.
If we're lucky, we'll at least get a name for the area.

Maerj

This is the kind of thing which makes me puke, Disney is touting something which does not even EXIST yet and even by the MOST optimistic estimates will not open till at LEAST 2019 and at DL at that!, Home of Star Wars indeed.

Didn't Walt himself do such things back in the day? He was always using the Disney TV show to pimp his new stuff, can't blame them for that.

HauntedMansionFLA

I'm a sucker....ill be watching it or at least dvr it and fast forward to the end with all the good stuff.
Hey, I watched Monday Night Football when they released another The Force Awakens trailer. The ratings for MNF were sky high. I'm sure the ratings will be high for this program too. Also, I am hopeful we get something big announced regarding details. Why else would Harrison Ford being involved? ( Well, for big bucks :) )

Tigger1988

This is the kind of thing which makes me puke, Disney is touting something which does not even EXIST yet and even by the MOST optimistic estimates will not open till at LEAST 2019 and at DL at that!, Home of Star Wars indeed.
Yeah, I wonder where they got a crazy idea like that...

You cannot be taken seriously with some of the stuff you complain about.

DisneyRoy

:D Yep, you got it! And people were chomping at the bit to get a little more info on his project, just like they are now about this Star Wars Land.

You're right. We are chomping. But I'm willing to bet we don't get anything that those of us on this forum don't already know....or have heard rumors of.

Animaniac93-98

Didn't Walt himself do such things back in the day? He was always using the Disney TV show to pimp his new stuff, can't blame them for that.

I Captured the King of the Leprechauns (1959) - promoted Darby 'O Gill and thhe Little People

Operation Undersea (1954) - promoted 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea with behind-the-scenes clips

The Liberty Story (1957) - promoted both Johnny Tremaine and the planned Liberty Street for Disneyland (never built)

Disneyland 10th Anniversary (1965) - here's what's coming for the next 4 years

Disneyland '61 (1961) - What you can do in the park as of now

Kodak presents Disneyland '59 (1959) - openings of Matterhorn, Submarine Voyage and Monorail

Backstage Party (1961) - wrap party for Babes in Toyland

All About Magic (1957) - ended with promo for Cinderella re-release

One Hour in Wonderland (1950) - Disney's first TV program, promoting Alice in Wonderland

4th Anniversary Show (1957) - promoted new Zorro series and Rainbow Road to Oz movie (never made)

A Progress Report / Nature's Half-Acre (1955) - we're still building Disneyland

....Need more examples? I got lots of DVD boxes to read from! :D

glvsav37

We will never be satisfied bc here we are on a random Wednesday night posting on a message board focused solely on Disney news and projections and debating and breaking down every minor news, photo or alleged rumor involving a new collection of attractions that haven't even broken ground on yet. —and we do it for everything D related.

I got a tip for you...this show isnt for us.....Shhhhhhh. I know...its ok.

This show is intentionally going to be fluffy, vague and one big commercial focused on that family who is gonna say "hey honey...look at that...a StarWars land? Huh....Maybe we should think of going sometime in the next 3 years?"

Yes.....Walt was the master at teasing these plans. But that was at a time when everyone gathered around the TV b/c that was the MAIN/ONLY way to get this type of information. Technology is killing the art of the surprise.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Star Wars Land is expected to open in 2018
72084548756ed36e8d72e482e46c91f0.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom