favorite WDW moment

My favorite moment at WDW was actually right when i arrived at Fl and the place was coming to a stop i said "Dad, It's the first ride", so we all put our hands up till the plane came to a complete stop...i was like 6 at the time and when ever we go we all put our hands up for what i thought was the first ride is WDW!LOL

Angie

Kadee

My Favorite Disney Moment(s)

Wow! I REALLY love this site (and forum). It helps me get through my Disney withdrawals.

Favorite moment #1: Driving onto Disney property through the big "Walt Disney World" sign right over your head. At that moment, I knew I was truely at the best, happiest place on earth!

Favorite moment #2: Walking through the gates at the MK, under the railroad and onto Main Street where you see the castle for the first time! EVERY time I enter MK for the first time of the trip, I get tears in my eyes.

Favorite moment #3: The second time we did the e-ride night, we were VERY tired and decided to leave a little early. We approached the castle from just riding Haunted Mansion and noticed how beautiful it was. As we walked down Main Street, I noticed that there was no one but us between the castle and the exit. We just stood there (video camera in had, of course). As my daughter stated, "It looks like they took the stars from the sky and put them all around us." Another teary Disney moment.

GoofyFan1

Watching the faces of my wife and 2 kids when they realized they had finally made it to WDW. We had to cancel two trips before we finally made it in 2002. Now they can't go to another park without comparing it to WDW.

By the way, WDW always wins when compared to the other parks. :D

diddy_mouse

all of these moments are very awesome :D i have a couple myself...

#2 Moment: Going to the World with my best friend after I graduated high school in 2000. it was during the milennium celebration which was awesome and the fact that i got to spend time with her as well as my mom and brother was great, i think also it was the first time i rode BTMR :sohappy:

#1 Moment: When my boyfriend proposed to me infront of Cinderella castle 6 weeks ago :)

WDWScottieBoy

diddy_mouse said:
#1 Moment: When my boyfriend proposed to me infront of Cinderella castle 6 weeks ago :)

That's got to be one of the greatest, anytime a proposal is at WDW it's very memorable and magical. Glad to know that you're #1. I hope that's my girlfriend's #1 someday soon (next year I hope)!!!

diddy_mouse

thanks! we decided to go back for our honeymoon too...hopefully we'll create another great disney moment like the one this year! he's fallen in love with the World. :animwink:

Disney_Belle

My favorite memory has to be going last year with my brother kurt. We had just been reunited after 12 years and didnt get to grow up together so me being 20 and him almost 16 it was like we were kids again. We had so much fun and it really made us closer hes my best friend now and we are going back next april again. - oh yeah plus it was my first time on Rock n' roller coaster - actually any coaster that goes upside down lol.

GoofyFan1

I have two:

1. The first time I took my wife and kids in 2002. I thought I was going to have to wire their jaws shut as they took everything in.

2. The second was this past Christmas when I took my in-laws for their first trip. They are both still talking about the trip, and the memories The hope for another visit is helping my mother-inlaw through her recently diagnosed lung cancer.

bidnow5

I would have to say 1993 when we were the Grand Marshals of the Mardi Gras Parade. It wasn't like the parades today we got to ride right on the front of the first float with Roger Rabbit. It was May 29th Memorial Day weekend Ray Late who we later became friends with picked us out of the line to get into the Magic Kingdom just because all 4 of us were in Disney clothing. It was great we were waving to everyone and as we went along people would call out to us. Ray told us to pick out children to wave to and when we did it was like we were celebrities they would get excited and say hi to us. As we went around the castle hub there was a little boy up near the castle that was waving so I reached way up and waved to him he was jumping up and down like I was a baseball or football star it was amazing. I thing the fact there were about 30,000 people watching the parade made it even more special all along the route people were 5 or more deep. Just about every minute in WDW is a great memory but that was a great one

makonyy15

Possibly my best time at Walt Disney World was probably last Easter, and I'm hoping to out do that time when we go back this Friday!

We seemed to go extremely "hardcore" for my family, we usually have everything orchestrated perfectly, but this year was even better. I remember us in our nice formal clothes from a late dinner at the California Grill, then hoping on the Monorail to the MK for a nice cool night. Nothing beats riding splash mountain 3 times in a row with no wait, in dress pants and shirts :hammer: And the best thing was, My parents were having the most fun since they were kids! Even though it's Disney you constantly here people in like bickering about the lines of 2 hours long, but I couldn't be happier, regardless of the lines! We had the best room in the Boardwalk Villas, on the second floor right above the Big River Grille and Brewing Works, with a deck 3 rooms long. I just remember coming home and smelling hamburgers all the time! Oh well, we'll just have to see what this year's like! :sohappy:

Expo_Seeker40

This story is so korny, but I'm still gonna tell it. :lol:

There have been alot of WDW moments for me. For some reason all of us who love and appreciate anything Disney that is and has been apart of our lives has this certain "feeling". I can't describe this feeling other than it sits right at the pit one's stomach, and yet is a feeling of pure joy and happiness from something about WDW.

1996 was the first year I went to WDW. Of course for the 25th. Sure the big feeling was seeing the castle...err..birthday cake for the first time..but for some reason I get this "feeling" about the skyway.

Yup Disneyland closed theirs in 1994 and tokyo would in 1998, and we would in 1999, yet in 1996..who really new.

The whole atmosphere of the magic kingdom seemed so different and more speical to me back than. We still had mr. toad, and we thought the subs were gonna come back....

Yet I never got to ride the skyway. I can accept and understand why it's gone, but for some reason seeing it there in various background footage just gives me a joy of how a swiss chalet belonged in the magic kingdom, I remember asking to ride the skyway, but the lines were too long. Atleast I can visually remember it and have some of it on video, but for what ever reason, that one blasted ride is special to me cause I get that "feeling"... :rolleyes:

Tenny317

Ok favorite disney moment....oh dear god....my whole senior trip '03 grad nite...but its really silly my fave moment...on grad nite you have a certain dress code so the shoes i was wearing were killing me...and my frien jen's were killing hers too.....so we took them off..and we literally went 5 feet and a cop went Ladies....we dropped our shoes and put them on SOOO fast....don't ask me why this is my favorite moment...but i think it was just bc it was the middle of the nite...my legs hurt and i was on the arm of one of my great friends...

Yukinon

From November 2003 til May 2004, I was involved in the worst relationship of my life. I was with a man who was emotionally abusive, an alcoholic, demanding, controlling, and an all-around jerk.

So my favorite Disney memory was last summer in June 2004 when we went to Disney, the very first day of our trip. It was late afternoon by the time we got to the MK and it was rainy, but I didnt care. As soon as we got thru the turnstiles I got down and kissed the ground - I had come so far! And me and my family just cried and cried tears of joy throughout the vacation!

The song that now makes me cry more than any Disney song is the American Adventure's "America, spread your golden wings" - because I am SO happy for my freedom from that man, and so happy to be a free and single woman :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom