Favorite Smells at WDW

DarthGrady

Another vote for the smokey fall of Rome scene in SSE. It's even better when I start my Jeremy Irons narration track at just the right time so that he says the line right on cue.

wmtpcantuat

The beach club. I just love the smell of that resort.
9n.jpg

Walt Disney1955

The water does have this weird smell to it. It's home. I don't know. However I smell it on Pirates and Small World. Not so much Splash Mountain, but definitely the other two. I know it isn't just me, but am I just smelling ordinary water?

Disney Shib

Here are my top 5: In no particular order

1. Rome burning on Spaceship Earth
2. Pirates of the Caribbean water
3. Main Street USA first thing in the morning.
4. Mama Melrose's
5. The pie on Mickey's Philharmagic

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Now that Disney has rid itself of NesCafe I love the smell of coffee brewing first thing in the morning at quick service at our resort and the smell of that coffee as I walk back to my room as dawn approaches. Something about the smell of real fresh coffee and walking around the quiet resort as daybreak is almost there.....

And nobody to notice I am in my make shift jammies and a coat cover-up. Amazingly, the vast majority of coffee seekers are dressed similarly at that unGodly hour.

Courtney6682

There are so many times that my daughter or I will say to eachother..'' It smells like Splash Mtn in here''

The lobby in OKW....love it!!!

dreynolds1982

The obvious ones:
  • Burning Rome in SSE
  • Orange smell in Horizons (may it rest in piece)
  • Pine smell in Soarin'
Less obvious:
  • Smell in the Poly lobby. Something about the tropical water feature has a very distinctive (and nostalgic) smell to me.
  • Smell of the fog effect in the Aliens room in GMR (again, more of a nostalgia thing to me)
  • Slightly metallic smell of the ToT elevators
  • Cooking smell in AKL lobby (interestingly enough this was intentional by WDI because when visiting villages in Africa one of the first things you notice is the smell of outdoor, open fire cooking, so the way they laid out Boma and Jiko allows the cooking/food smells to permeate into the lobby to simulate that effect)

Norway (the perfume and the smell of Maelstrom), Main Street (mmm freshly-pumped-in cookie smell), Pirates water, the Shades of Green lobby (kind of pine-y), SSE loading area, burning Rome, Soarin' orange groves, fresh popcorn everywhere, and so many more...Basically all of the World except the AVAC system *puke*

tman2000

The swampy water in the coke!

Pirates queue!

Any Disney Hotel especially the higher value ones.

Splash Mountain scenes (goes with music somehow).

Monorail vinyl

Doc Disney

I never actually thought about how the water in the water rides (esp Pirates) has such a distinct smell but it really does! I would have to say that smell and the smell of popcorn for sure :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom