Favorite smell at Disney

Xethis

Original Poster
Ok, this isn't half as odd as it might sound, and among this clan I know I'm not alone. What is your absolute favorite smell at Disney & why? Is it the smell of the water in Pirates of the Caribbean? The smell of popcorn on a snack cart? The smell of your favorite eatery's main course? The smell of the smoke from Illuminations?

Mine is the smell of the Haunted Mansion. There's something about the smell in the Haunted Mansion that sticks with me. I don't know if its the smell of the fog machines, the old musty smell adding to the ambiance or the fact that it's just old. It's one of my favorite smells of all times. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm odd, I know . . . what's yours?

mickeysshoes

when i read the title of the thread the first thing that came to mind was a popcorn cart...so mine is fresh hot popcorn!!! 16 days i will be having me some!!!:sohappy:

stargrl33

This will sound weird, but the smell of the water rides (Pirates, Living with the land...)

Nothing weird about that! You'd be surprised how many people love that smell, myself included. Every once in a while I'll catch a whiff of it somewhere and smile.

I think the Haunted Mansion has a pretty distinct smell too.

yeti

The water on Splash Mountain, the scent of the foggy overgrowth outside the Hollywood Tower Hotel, the load area for Dinosaur, the Polynesian lobby, and the first aroma of palm trees you smell when you step outside of the Orlando International...

Oh, and the dark ages. Nothing beats the smell of fresh Rome burnin' in the mornin'. :slurp:

And the monorail, of course. Who in their right mind could forget that?

Chrononymous

Yep. It's theme park water ride smell for me too!
Pirates, Splash...any dark ride with water in it.

Man I adore that scent.

We call it the "fake water" smell...but of course that's a misnomer. It's not fake...just musty, yummy and bromine-y.

Ever since my early childhood of riding the Tom Sawyer ride at Six Flags St. Louis

Krack

The greatest all-time WDW smell will always be the orange groves in Horizons. But, for now, I'll go with the peanut brittle on Main Street.

forevermickey

I def. love the smell of the water rides; I don't know if I have a fav. smell, I just love them all- they are all representing Disney and they make me feel happy!:)

SoupBone

This will sound weird, but the smell of the water rides (Pirates, Living with the land...)

Nothing weird about that! You'd be surprised how many people love that smell, myself included. Every once in a while I'll catch a whiff of it somewhere and smile.

I think the Haunted Mansion has a pretty distinct smell too.

Yep. It's theme park water ride smell for me too!
Pirates, Splash...any dark ride with water in it.

Man I adore that scent.

We call it the "fake water" smell...but of course that's a misnomer. It's not fake...just musty, yummy and bromine-y.

Ever since my early childhood of riding the Tom Sawyer ride at Six Flags St. Louis

The smells in Soarin' & Rome

I def. love the smell of the water rides; I don't know if I have a fav. smell, I just love them all- they are all representing Disney and they make me feel happy!:)

I think everyone just about covered it for me. Rome burning, all water rides (musty bromide), and turkey legs. :D

RedBaron

I love the smell of Pirates of the Caribbean, as well as Rome burning in SSE. I look forward to smelling the Haunted Mansion in a little over a week. The last time I was there 3 years ago it was closed.

Disneybird

I always thought the Contemporary lobby had a distinct smell. Sometimes I will catch a whiff of something that makes me think of that smell. Brings back lots of memories.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom