Favorite place for breakfast

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
One of my favorite things about food at WDW, if not my #1 favorite already, is breakfast. I usually eat breakfast at our resort, but I occasionally will eat in the park. I would love to eat breakfast at the Crystal Palace one day. Also I have heard that the Tonga Toast at the POLY is very good. Anyways, my favorite place/thing to eat for breakfast are the Mickey shaped waffles from the food court. What's yours?

Last edited:

Schneewittchen

Like the OP, I am also very fond of the Mickey waffles. I tend to get them with assorted porky breakfast meats and the moonshine juice (POG) found at the Trail's End Restaurant at Fort Wilderness.

But on MK days, I'd rather stop at Sleepy Hollow for a nutella and fruit-filled waffle. So good.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
With all my visits to WDW I just had Mickey waffles for the first time in June. I had them at the Garden Grill in the Land and they were served with a yummy Nutella sauce.

My favorite breakfast place is Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge. And for a quick breakfast I would pick Starring Rolls at Hollywood Studios, although I usually end up with a cupcake for breakfast if I go there.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
With all my visits to WDW I just had Mickey waffles for the first time in June. I had them at the Garden Grill in the Land and they were served with a yummy Nutella sauce.

My favorite breakfast place is Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge. And for a quick breakfast I would pick Starring Rolls at Hollywood Studios, although I usually end up with a cupcake for breakfast if I go there.
Starring Rolls is usually where I go at DHS

21stamps

Like the OP, I am also very fond of the Mickey waffles. I tend to get them with assorted porky breakfast meats and the moonshine juice (POG) found at the Trail's End Restaurant at Fort Wilderness.

But on MK days, I'd rather stop at Sleepy Hollow for a nutella and fruit-filled waffle. So good.
I didn't know about the Nutella/fruit waffle!!! Adding this to our list of must dos. Kiddo will love it!

@Captain Barbossa I know everyone raves about the Tonga Toast, and it is great, but equally (if not more) great is the Pineapple Macadamia Pancakes!! They are a MUST have. If you have 2 or more in your party make sure to order both and share :)

Matt_Black

It's at the Grand Floridian. I have never been to the restaurant, but it's supposed to be good food and a lot of fun! The Mad Hatter is there and a few other characters.

The Hatter, Alice, Mary Poppins, Tigger, and Pooh.

As for food, nice assortment in the buffet. Nothing too unusual, typical breakfast fare, though they have salmon too, which is a nice change up.

1900.jpg

21stamps

The Hatter, Alice, Mary Poppins, Tigger, and Pooh.

As for food, nice assortment in the buffet. Nothing too unusual, typical breakfast fare, though they have salmon too, which is a nice change up.

View attachment 157776
I'm really sad that we can't fit it in during our stay...I think the Mad Hatter and Mary Poppins would be awesome! Kiddo has a pirate cruise out of GF. I think check in is 9:15, I feel like we would be too rushed if dod 1900 PF before.

JJHale

LOTS of choices, some excellent others, meh.. My favorite buffet is Boma at AKL. SO many different options from traditional fare to some very tasty Aftrican inspired dishes. A must try. I am also fond of the Tusker House character buffet. (Even approaching level 60 I still enjoy character breakfasts. ) Strolling through the parks my favorite is within France in Epcot. If you come in through the Internationsl Gateway from BW you can treat yourself to a great selection of French breakfast pastries and sandwiches. Even before WS is open! Just let them know you are heading to France for breakfast. Tonga Toast is good at Poly but the pineapple pancakes are definitely better IMO. Go for the press pot of Kona coffee, you won't be disappointed. I do love the Crystal Palace, the food is average buffet offerings but usually fresh and you can never go wrong with Pooh and Friends. (Did I say I still love character breakfasts?). Oh and don't forget to try the Garden Grill at Epcot. They recently started serving breakfast there again and it is very good. Family style, all you can eat stuff yourself good. And again, Mickey and crew characters. (Hmmmm ... Yeah, I never grew up.)

Those are my favorites. My suggestion is explore. Try new things. And HAVE FUN!

JIMINYCR

Because I cant get biscuits & gravy at home anywhere, I look forward to having it at POFQ for breakfast. But when we have breakfast outside of the resort, I enjoy Crystal Palace. Or I treat myself to one of the huge cinnamon rolls at Gastons tavern.

Plowboy

First choice: Boma
Second Choice: Kona Cafe

We're broadening our horizons during our upcoming trip and are subbing Olivia's for Kona Cafe.

ginadee

My favorite character breakfast is Tusker House. Favorite food item was Tonga toast at Kona and my favorite breakfast meals were at the food court.

LeighM

If I had to chose only one, then it would probably be Tusker House in Animal Kingdom. I love the food and they have things I just can't get here at home. Plus they have great character interaction and the restaurant itself is interesting. I do like Crystal Palace for the typical breakfast fare and they do have that wonderful breakfast pizza and the breakfast lasagna. Kona Cafe has the macadamia pineapple pancakes though...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom