Favorite non-park thing to do

Csmith041177

We love to visit the various resorts during the Christmas holidays to see all of the great decorations, trees, and food that each resort offers, many of which are absolutely breathtaking.

sophie_the_pooh

On our last trip, for the first time, we spent a whole morning by the pool with our son at Coronado Springs. When we travelled as a couple, we used to visit the parks from opening to closing, every day, so I worried taking a day off would be boring, but it definitely wasn't! We all enjoyed going down the slide (my son wouldn't leave, he loved that slide so much!) and relaxing by the pool!

kjb101791

Resort hopping. Especially the monorail loop resorts. A great way to spend the day is getting nachos and drinks at the Poly and just relaxing and maybe hopping on the monorail. Another great thing that doesn't get much attention is Winter Summerland miniature golf. I was surprised how much I enjoyed myself, and I think the resorts give you coupons for this if you're staying onsite. Fantasia Gardens is neat, but would be pretty frustrating for kids and amateurs. It plays more like a real golf course.

Goofyque'

Movies and S'Mores at the campground. Walking through AKL, gift shop, and a bowl of Butternut squash soup at Mara.
Holiday decorations at the campgrounds. Boat ride to DS and breakfast at WPE.

JasonDeyoung

Another vote for resort hoping. Love taking the monorail from Epcot to the mk loop and checking out those resorts, riding the boat around seven seas lagoon, Disney springs, checking out stuff I've never done.

Pocahontas

I'd be fine staying at the resort for a week and not even visiting a single park. So, yeah, staying by the pool or even laying in bed watching TV and eating Disney-themed snacks?

Soarin2u

On our last trip, for the first time, we spent a whole morning by the pool with our son at Coronado Springs. When we travelled as a couple, we used to visit the parks from opening to closing, every day, so I worried taking a day off would be boring, but it definitely wasn't! We all enjoyed going down the slide (my son wouldn't leave, he loved that slide so much!) and relaxing by the pool!

From all the resorts I've visited, Coronado no doubt has one of the best pools. The only other contender may be the Wilderness Lodge. The Coronado is nice and secluded with some really neat aesthetics.

Soarin2u

20150408_154925.jpg

DizneyPryncess

Resort hopping to check out the different restaurants, and look for hidden Mickey's. Or just taking a day to relax at our pool. My daughter loves all the Disney poolside parties & activities. Roasting marshmallows at night has been fun too, with the movie under the stars. :)

DisneyJunkie

• Riding the monorail - either MK or Epcot line - just for the heck of it.
  • Exploring my resort.
  • Playing cards or another game with family - particularly in the lobby of WL.
  • Ride one of the launches from my resort to where-ever it goes (usually MK and one other resort) and back again.
  • Catch the Electrical Water Pageant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom