Favorite Mod?

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
My mom is giving me the choice to pick what mod resort we stay at in September 2015. I haven't been since 2005, and i've only stayed on park once and it was in the 90's. I figured i'd ask here to see what you think! I'm leaning towards POFQ or POR.. but there is just a TON of information online. I prefer to hear what others have to say.

We are going to be a group of 6. 4 adults, a 15month old, and a 5 year old.

Which is your favorite and why?

CAPTAIN HOOK

The only Mod I've stayed at is POFQ - and it was fab. Its a smaller resort than POR (approx half the size, half the guests) and more intimate. It has everything you'd need for a Disney stay. The biggest advantage that we found was there's only one bus stop at the front of the resort. The only drawback is the DTD boats start at POR and occasionally sale by full so you have to wait a bit for pick up

Anotherfaceinthecrowd

My choice would be POR, I think it's a great resort never seemed overly busy when we have been the during September or October rooms are nice only issue we have had is when they join the 2 resorts on the buses as you have to plan a bit more and leave earlier if you have ADR'S

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Thank you @CaptainHook and @Anotherfaceinthecrowd !! I like the idea of a smaller more intimate resort because my daughter will be small and it seems like everything is closer, but i've not been to either so I don't know HOW much bigger POR is. It's probably a bad idea for me to pick since i've never been. LOL. My mom has been to most of them though so she's letting me pick since it's my first trip back in years.

SAV

I'm going to recommend Coronado Springs Resort. It's the closest to a Deluxe of the Mods. Largest hot tub on property and beautiful grounds. The pool is awesome.

ToTBellHop

Anywhere but Coronado. I thought it was awful there--dumb set up with the pool very far from dining and the dining itself sucks--pricier than any other Disney QSR with gross food. Both PO resorts are gorgeous and with CBR updating it's rooms and adding queens, that should be very nice by the time you visit. I should point out the pool and spray park at Caribbean would be very nice with kids the ages you list. I would just recommend paying for the premium room.

Jahona

It's been a long time since I stayed at POR, it was still called Dixie Landing back then. I've recently stayed at the Coronado Springs Resort several times in the past two years and have enjoyed my stay each time. While it's more spread out than the Port Orleans resorts the grounds are beautiful. The pool and slide are fun and the quiet pools offer a nice get away at night once the main pool closes. At CSR I think my favorite room location was Cabana's Building 8. your right by the pool and buss stop 4, and not to far from the main building.

Vx1IGGk.jpg

Buzz2001

My family loves CSR! Besides having a great main pool area, CSR offers a few deluxe amenities at a mod price. They are home to the largest hot tub and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide, arcade and playground area are all located at the main pool.

The rooms have queen beds, a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room (can be good for little ones napping in a pack n play) but only one sink. A resort rehab will begin in January 2015 to freshen up the rooms.

CSR also offers business class level rooms with access to the Coconino lounge. Other amenities include a fitness center, spa, free wi-fi, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night/dance club.

They offer the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

Bus service is terrific and is not shared with another resort.

JTT

POFQ is awesome. My favorite mod resort.
It's a small resort so it's easy to get around. Great theming, well maintained. Food court easy to get to, not crowded.

ScarletBegonias

Original Poster
Wow..a lot of CSR suggestions! By appearance alone I wasn't goo goo over it, but i'll have to go back and read more about it. Sounds very nice.

Tinkerbella16

Stayed at all 4 moderates and I fell in love with POFQ and POR. Haven't stayed anywhere else since 2007. The Royal Room at Riverside has been my favorite room I have stayed in so far. This year we are booked at POFQ w/ free dining. We love the smaller resort and the boats to DTD are a plus! No matter where your room is at POFQ, you are close to everything. Riverside has a great foodcourt IMO.. it is the better one of the two.

Scott10

My family has stayed at both CSR and POR. You can't go wrong with either one. I tend to like the theming at POR better and the pool at CSR better (but with limited time to enjoy the pool, this has become less important for us). The difference maker for us currently is the food options. Our family loves the build your own pasta at POR. We also enjoy a relaxing ride via boat to DTD and the walk over to POFQ to have some beignets!

Dafid Duck

Stayed at all 4 moderates and I fell in love with POFQ and POR. Haven't stayed anywhere else since 2007. The Royal Room at Riverside has been my favorite room I have stayed in so far. This year we are booked at POFQ w/ free dining. We love the smaller resort and the boats to DTD are a plus! No matter where your room is at POFQ, you are close to everything. Riverside has a great foodcourt IMO.. it is the better one of the two.

You have POFQ with free dining?! When are you staying? I thought both PO resorts were blacked out of free dining!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom