Favorite MK Quick Service

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Hey all,

My usual go to at MK is Cosmic Ray's (for some reason, I still find the show entertaining), but I'd like to venture elsewhere this year. I was thinking of Gaston's Tavern, because that Mac 'n Cheese is amazing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Last edited:

danyoung56

For quick service, I alternate between Cosmic Ray's and Columbia Harbor House. Pretty good deep fried seafood with fun people watching upstairs. For table service, again I alternate between the new Skipper Canteen (for good food and good schtick from your waiter), the Plaza Inn (they make a fine reuben!) and the Liberty Tree Tavern for that amazing pot roast followed by the incredible Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake.

DisneyPrincess5

Aww, Sonny Eclipse is so fun! Haven't been to Cosmic Rays in a long time. Thanks for that great memory reminder!
At MK, we usually hit up a Pecos Bills or Columbia Harbour House. We enjoy how close Pecos is to Pirates and it's dark nature inside, also love the quiet upstairs of CHH, overlooking Liberty Square/Fantasyland.

Have fun!

correcaminos

Hey all,

My usual go to at MK is Cosmic Ray's (for some reason, I still find the show entertaining), but I'd like to venture elsewhere this year. I was thinking of Gaston's Taver, because that Mac 'n Cheese is amazing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
As someone said Gaston's doesn't have Mac n Cheese. They have great cinnamon rolls though. A lot of the locations have kids mac & cheese and Friar's Nook has it as well.

Our favorite was Columbia Harbor House to go to, but now we'd likely skip QS and do Skipper Canteen instead.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
As someone said Gaston's doesn't have Mac n Cheese. They have great cinnamon rolls though. A lot of the locations have kids mac & cheese and Friar's Nook has it as well.

Our favorite was Columbia Harbor House to go to, but now we'd likely skip QS and do Skipper Canteen instead.
Thanks!

Minnie1986

Original Poster

I do usually use a TS for lunch at MK, but I will have done Chef Mickey's for breakfast and will be doing BOG for dinner. Don't want to use up too many of my TS credits in one day.

correcaminos

I do usually use a TS for lunch at MK, but I will have done Chef Mickey's for breakfast and will be doing BOG for dinner. Don't want to use up too many of my TS credits in one day.
Columbia Harbor House is QS which was our favorite prior to TS. You may not need a lot for lunch so Gaston's might work as well ;)

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Columbia Harbor House is QS which was our favorite prior to TS. You may not need a lot for lunch so Gaston's might work as well ;)
Exactly. Since we are doing a full on meal for breakfast and dinner (which is very abnormal for me) in one day, I'd like to keep lunch on the lighter (or as light as one can in WDW) side.

Last edited:

Mickey5150

Columbia Harbor House will always be my first choice in MK for any meal. The atmosphere if you sit upstairs over the walkway is the best. Fried shrimp and clam chowder are my choice for my last meal and I can get them there so that also makes up my mind.

DisneyAubs

Aside from Casey's Corner (I don't eat hot dogs....ick...), I really like all of the QS restaurants at MK. It's nice because this is the one park that I can just say, eh...whatever we're closest to when we get hungry is fine. In the other parks I try to make sure my plan specifies when and where we'll eat so we're not backtracking.

belledream

BOG lunch for me, but reading your plans, I'd recommend Columbia Harbor House or maybe even Pinocchio Village Haus. Love the seating areas there, and their flatbreads are actually pretty nice!

Minnie1986

Original Poster
BOG lunch for me, but reading your plans, I'd recommend Columbia Harbor House or maybe even Pinocchio Village Haus. Love the seating areas there, and their flatbreads are actually pretty nice!
I was going to do BOG, as I've heard that there lunch is pretty great. But, I snagged a dinner reservation there on my birthday, so i switched. I've always wanted to try Pinnochio Village Haus.

belledream

I was going to do BOG, as I've heard that there lunch is pretty great. But, I snagged a dinner reservation there on my birthday, so i switched. I've always wanted to try Pinnochio Village Haus.
I'd recommend it! You can sit with a view of Small World, or in a cutesy little nook-and-cranny type booth. :)

BOG sounds like a great place to celebrate your birthday!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom