Favorite Disney Animated Film

Metilinos

The last post previous the the last was in 2001? That can't be right haha

Hercules and The Lion King but I do have to say I'm a large fan of Monsters, Inc. (I didn't find MU to be all that great, it just seemed like it really lacked any real rising action/climax and could have been done better. I think that it didn't really define the characters as we know them from Inc.)

Frozen is really good too, not trying to bandwagon but I think it's getting the attention it deserves.

Well Where do I start,here we go big kid at heart moment!,who cares! we all where once upon a time.... and still am! I do love all films are briiliant 52 I believe do like the modern films
Frozen,Enchanted,Fox and the Hound,The little mermaid,Tangled,Beauty and the Beast
Frog and the Princess,bugs life,lion king,Brave I suppose the list and my collection could go on....

Last edited:

MMlvr

Iove them all and still collect them, which i am way to old to be doing but oh well. Love 101 Dalmatians ,my DH is a firefighter so we eat sleep and breath that at my house.... Dog included, a Dalmatian.
Have to say Beauty and the Beast , LOVE it, the line " flowers, chocolates promises you don't intend to keep" kills me every time I hear it. See these movies aren't just for kids even big kids who would actually understand that line.
Gotta have them all !!!!

Iove them all and still collect them, which i am way to old to be doing but oh well. Love 101 Dalmatians ,my DH is a firefighter so we eat sleep and breath that at my house.... Dog included, a Dalmatian.
Have to say Beauty and the Beast , LOVE it, the line " flowers, chocolates promises you don't intend to keep" kills me every time I hear it. See these movies aren't just for kids even big kids who would actually understand that line.
Gotta have them all !!!!
when are we not kids a wdw....when see the you tube clips i some time wonder which me lol there seen to be more adults than children and they seem to be excuse for the parents to go....lol,a lot of big kids at heart me thinks in our life time!been and got the film collection and visited 6 times mostly on my own off there again in october 2014 then off to disneyland in march2015 i must be mad but i love it who cares wdw rules!

Last edited:

seahawk7

In no particular order:
Sleeping Beauty
The Fox and the Hound
Beauty and the Beast
Snow White
Alice in Wonderland
101 Dalmations
The Rescuers
The Princess and the Frog
Bambi

Last edited:

Bparso87

My favorite is the lion king but I think the best is up. Terrific story and great animation. The first 10 min of the movie is some of the best beginnings in a movie ever.

Livialovesdisney

Oh, don't make me choose! Hahaha! I love them all!

My favorite is probably Mulan, I could watch that a million times, feels like I have! I think I know every line. Also, first time I went to Disney World (I'm young, haha) I watched Mulan on the way home with my Mickey ears on and I just associate Mulan with my first time at disney.

I watched The Black Cauldron a lot as a kid too, in rows haha, I can quote that one as well, easily. :)

Ulysses McGill

Alice in Wonderland, Aristocats, Robin Hood, Sword in the Stone and Aladdin. That's all my favorites of the classics.

Of more recent vintage, I'm very partial to Toy Story and Wreck-it-Ralph.

prberk

Interesting thread bump.

Looking at the responses from 2001 on the first page, I see mostly classics; the 2014 answers on page two have more modern ones. Curious to see what 2001 forum members would answer today.

As for me, I probably think "The Lion King" and "Snow White" are at the top (Snow White for its sheer innovation in 1937, with a story and look that have achieved timelessness; Lion King because it is an amazing work overall). "Frozen" has some amazing visuals, and some fun music ("In Summer" and "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?" especially, with the latter acting a little like "Hakuna Mutata" in that it helps advance the timeline for the main character), but overall does not rank up there with these two. I have heard a lot of you talk about "Tangled," but I have not seen it to judge. Think I need to.

I liked "Aladdin" and "Little Mermaid" as well, and I personally enjoyed "Robin Hood" and "Peter Pan," which has one of my favorite Disney songs, "The Second Star to the Right." Finally comes "Jungle Book," another Disney masterpiece. I also enjoyed "Fantasia 2000."

P.S.: I miss Tramp. He was a nice guy on the forum.

tcool

Hunchback of Notre Dame, Princess and The Frog, Frozen, Dumbo , Tangled, Brave, and Ratatouille just to name a few...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom