Favorite Disney Animated Film

Ariel

Original Poster
With the release of Atlantis today I started thinking about all the animated films...Which is your favorite one? I think my first one is Cinderella...just love that movie...especially the music...:) I also love Peter Pan and Lady and the Tramp (I'm sort of partial to the tramp... lol)
Anyway...I'm interested to hear your favorites...

markymark

Good question.

1 has to be Pinnochio
2 Sleeping Beauty
3 Lady and The Tramp (soon to be renamed Ariel & Tramp!! :D )
4 Beauty & The Beast
5 Little Mermaid
6.. Oh hell I love 'em all!!!!

Tramp

The 'classics' are great...Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty...etc., and could never be replaced.

But the latest animation technologies puts films like Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid and Lion King et al in a class by themselves.

Additionally, the latest films are LOADED with great songs...

so I didn't answer Ariel's question...cuz I can't choose....

dopey

my favorite is aladdin. it is, in fact, one of my all-time favorite comedies period, ranking right up there with dr. strangelove, blazing saddles and airplane.

robin williams, who i find annoying and saccharine in live-action films, is at his comic best here. the part where he's changing aladdin into prince ali -- "what are we trying to say with these patches? beggar?" -- always cracks me up. "muy macho!"

the songs in aladdin are fun and memorable, from the opening number, "arabian nights" to "one jump ahead" through "friend like me" and -- my favorite song -- "prince ali." and "whole new world" is a beaut.

rounding out my top 5 (notice nobody on this board ever stops with just one?):

jungle book -- great songs, characters. walt's last animated film.
dumbo -- if it don't make ya cry, ya ain't got no heart. i'm getting kinda weepy thinkin' 'bout "baby mine." sniff.
bambi -- love that thumper ("if ya can't say something good, don't say nuthin' at all." my grandmother used to tell me the same thing, but did i listen?)
three caballeros -- i love latin culture and music. the title songs rocks! and those 1940s beach babes donald chases are hot, hot, hot!

next 5:

lady and the tramp -- the kennel scene is hilarious!
101 dalmations -- every time i hear dogs barking i think of "the twilight bark." cruella de ville is not only the best disney villain, she also has the best villain theme song.
lion king -- great songs, dazzling opening sequence.
beauty and the beast -- the animation in the scene where belle and beast are dancing is stunning.
the little mermaid -- yeah, ariel has a hauntingly beautiful voice, but sebastian had the best songs, "under the sea" and "kiss the girl."

kevlightyear

For me, there isn't just one favorite--there are two. Toy Story and Toy Story 2. I don't know if you guys consider it an animated film or not, but nevertheless they are both wonderful. The technology used is amazing. Especially in TS2. The standard for computer animation has definitely been raised since 1995. I really enjoy the characters and I think we can all identify ourselves with one of them. To watch them with any other voices would be a tragedy. The casting crew did a perfect job. The songs in both are terrific as well. Randy Newman brought so much to the two films. What also amazes me is that TS2 started out as a direct-to-video release, but when Disney realized what they had, they knew they had to send it to the big screen. The writing was extraordinary as well--very funny. I could watch these two movies over and over again all day.

The Mom

Premium Member
I have always loved Sleeping Beauty, and wanted the "Sleeping Beauty Waltz" played at my wedding reception, but I couldn't find anyone to do it. Then, when my daughter was around 3, they rereleased the movie, and she fell in love with it, dancing around the room while singing the lyrics. When she was a teenager, she was able to dance the part of Aurora in a local ballet production, so needless to say, mom was more than misty eyed! So, Sleeping Beauty has got to be my favorite!

Brett

Originally posted by guy12000
My favourtie film is Sword in the stone - I love that Merlin guy!

I forgot about hte Sword in the Stone. I'd loved that movie too. And I just thought about Oliver and Company, another favorite of mine....

Disney Maniac

Marciahahn, that is such a wonderful story!:)

By the way, I decided that my favorite movie is Pinocchio. Great story, great characters, awesome music! I love "Wish Upon A Star," not only as a great music piece, but as the perfect music for Magic Kingdom at night! No matter where I am, I get all misty-eyed thinking of that song and the movie....:( (sigh)...I wish I was at the Magic kingdom now...

DisneyFreak

I know it wasn't a full length movie but I always liked Disney's Peter and The Wolf.

As far as my top 5 movies:

5) Lion King
4) Little Mermaid (the revival of Disney Animation)
3) 101 Dalmations (animated)
2) Bambi (You're Mother can't be with you anymore)
1) Aladin

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by Ariel
With the release of Atlantis today I started thinking about all the animated films...Which is your favorite one? I think my first one is Cinderella...just love that movie...especially the music...:) I also love Peter Pan and Lady and the Tramp (I'm sort of partial to the tramp... lol)
Anyway...I'm interested to hear your favorites...
I love its a bug life and the lion king

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom