Favorite Bars

NiarrNDisney

Why is Outer Rim missing but not forgotten? Is it a bad bar/lounge? We have stayed at CR in the past but, with kids, never visited Outer Rim. We did think our next trip might give us a chance to visit it. Finally, does Outer Rim have any food or just drinks, as menu seems to list?

The Outer Rim used t be one of the better bars on property but then it was given an overhaul when CR redid the whole south side of the Grand concourse. More space was needed for Chef Mickeys and Contempo Café so the Outer Rim shrunk to make room. Now its pretty much just a waiting area and small lounge for the two restaurants.
Back in its heyday Outer Rim did offer a small menu however now that is no longer the case though you are welcome to head over to the Contemp Café and bring it to the lounge.
If you are looking for a place to relax and have a couple drinks at the Contemporary I would suggest you try California Grill, Top of the World Lounge, or Wave Lounge.

NiarrNDisney

Does anyone know if there are any cigar bars? I'm guessing no, but I figured I'd ask for my husband.

Don't quote me on this but I believe Mizner's Lounge may still offer cigars but then again they may have done away with them. Sosa Family Cigars does sell them but the actual bar Fuego where you could sit around with a drink and a smoke is no longer it closed back in 2013.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Don't quote me on this but I believe Mizner's Lounge may still offer cigars but then again they may have done away with them. Sosa Family Cigars does sell them but the actual bar Fuego where you could sit around with a drink and a smoke is no longer it closed back in 2013.
They may have them, but you certainly cannot smoke them there.

danyoung56

Hi Wellknown Member Dan, just noticed you changed your photo id and really like it!

I look pretty good etched in metal, don't I? I joined the Millennium thing in the front of Epcot back in 1999. It's really done me a lot of good over the years, knowing that my smiling face is always there to greet people!

Mark P.

We hit up Crew's Cup when we stayed @ YC after a late arrival/check-in and the lounge at The Wave before our Cali Grill dinner reservation -- both were excellent and we'll likely be back there again during our upcoming Disneymoon at some point. Also enjoyed a stopover at Tambu Lounge at the Poly in the middle of a particularly aggressive MK touring day.

We're planning on checking a few more off the list as well -- River Roost Lounge and Scat Cat's Club (staying @ POFQ), Nomad Lounge (before a Tiffins ADR) and Thirsty River Bar (before a Jungle Book FP+), Trader Sam's (for a nightcap at the end of our last MK day), and undoubtedly a few more at Epcot along the way (excluding walk-up drink kiosks, of course) -- in particular, La Cava del Tequila and Tutto Gusto, both of which I've heard nothing but rave reviews about.

Beacon Joe

I am resurrecting this thread to spur discussion about one of my favorite pastimes at Disney World. :D

And to ask a question: is it just me, or does anybody else agree that while Trader Sam's Grog Grotto is a great space, it would be far better off if Walter from the Tambu were put in charge of the place? That man knows his cocktails and is a beloved favorite of poly-pop and tiki cocktail enthusiasts. Some of the current staff down in the grotto seem to lack the experience and are incapable of mixing anything off-menu, while Walter and the other pros upstairs are more than happy and more than capable of doing so.

NiarrNDisney

I am resurrecting this thread to spur discussion about one of my favorite pastimes at Disney World. :D

And to ask a question: is it just me, or does anybody else agree that while Trader Sam's Grog Grotto is a great space, it would be far better off if Walter from the Tambu were put in charge of the place? That man knows his cocktails and is a beloved favorite of poly-pop and tiki cocktail enthusiasts. Some of the current staff down in the grotto seem to lack the experience and are incapable of mixing anything off-menu, while Walter and the other pros upstairs are more than happy and more than capable of doing so.

I agree that the bartenders in Trader Sam's mostly only make what is on their menu however they are capable of making a decent drink, they made my go to drink perfectly and even added to it for a "tiki-ish" feel.
Walter is awesome and certainly a staple as well as other tenders at Tambu which is why I like to make a trip to both bars for a night out with friends.

Beacon Joe

which is why I like to make a trip to both bars for a night out

I admit I like your style! Based on my last experience at Trader Sam's, if I were to adopt your approach, I'd have to start at Tambu and wrap up at Trader Sam's. I don't think I would be able to negotiate going up the stairs.

Mark P.

I admit I like your style! Based on my last experience at Trader Sam's, if I were to adopt your approach, I'd have to start at Tambu and wrap up at Trader Sam's. I don't think I would be able to negotiate going up the stairs.
The only limitation with Tambu (especially if you're going there first) is the apparent fact that the Trader Sam's pagers apparently have "hit or miss" signal strength when waiting for a call-back, which is why we ended up just waiting outside at the Tiki Terrace instead.

21stamps

The only limitation with Tambu (especially if you're going there first) is the apparent fact that the Trader Sam's pagers apparently have "hit or miss" signal strength when waiting for a call-back, which is why we ended up just waiting outside at the Tiki Terrace instead.
I actually prefer the terrace.
My only complaint about Trader Sam's is the service. I've only been there 3 times..but each time our server forgot something..or let our plates sit for too long.

I love the food and beverages at Tambu Lounge and Trader Sam's. But, even with the lacking service, TS wins on atmosphere alone.
I'm always down for some good Ukulele.

Beacon Joe

La Cava. Hands down.

That is one of the coolest places on property. Like Trader Sam's, it's a bar that could stand on its own, and I'd go there even if it weren't at Disney.

One place I wish would get spruced up and rethemed would be Mizner's. I regularly stay at the Grand Floridian and don't enjoy spending time at Mizner's at all. It's not really cozy, and not the sort of place one wants to hole up and stay a while. Take the Bar at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs as an example. Or visit Babcock & Story's over at the Del (which is what the Grand Floridian is modeled after). They are both beautiful, elegant, and ultimately comfortable hotel bars which would match the Grand Floridian's surroundings well.

danyoung56

I'm not sure what you're looking for from Mizner's. It's one of my favorite bars in the WDW complex. And it's mostly because of bartender Tammy, who makes the whole experience fun. And then you add in the big band that's playing on the balcony, and you have a totally cool experience!

So again, what are you looking for?

NiarrNDisney

I'm from Colorado so since we drink at high elevation we seem to be able to handle more than most ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom