FastPass+ tricks...do they work

ikillratz

Original Poster
I have seen 2 tips to maximize fastpass and was wondering either of them actually work realistically or if they are just theoretical. This is all using the set up..
Ride 1 = 10-11
Ride 2 =11-12
Ride 3= 12-1

Tip 1
Ride 1 at 10:50, Ride 2 at 11:20, and Ride 3 at 11:55 (beginning of 5 minute grace period).

Tip 2
Do Ride 1 at 10, reschedule Ride 2 for 10:30 and ride it at 10:30, reschedule Ride 3 for 11 and ride it at 11

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Either scenario will work ~ however Tip #2 may be hard to do depending on crowd level. Rescheduling your next FP for an earlier time may not be possible if all FPs are already taken for that time period. This is especially true for popular attractions.

I have had about 50% success with Tip #2.

ikillratz

Original Poster
Can you look and see availabilty of attractions to reschedule your 2nd fast pass as soon as you use your first fastpass?

NYwdwfan

Can you look and see availabilty of attractions to reschedule your 2nd fast pass as soon as you use your first fastpass?
Yes. You can do it as soon as you pass the last scan point. I have rescheduled after scanning at Buzz while in that last part of the line waiting to board.

disneygeek90

Tip 1 absolutely works. This is how I basically set up mine every time. To me, the best time to get to your first fastpass (or the park) is with under 15 mins left. Now you've guaranteed yourself to be able to go straight to ride 2, and a minimal wait time for ride 3.

awelpjourneys

We used a similar plan on our trip last April: FP 1 9:30-10:30, FP 2 10:30-11:30, FP 3 11:30-12:30. Ride standby until 10:30, use 1 at 10:30, follow immediately by 2, and then reschedule 3 as soon as possible after scanning at ride 2. In most cases we were able to move up 3 close to 11:00.

sjhym333

I am a fan of tip 2 and use it all the time when I am in the park. It is especially great at a park like EPCOT. I schedule my tier 1 attraction first and then after I pass through the FP check in I get on the app and move my # 2 pick to a time as early as possible. Except on extremely busy days I never have a problem moving FP's. The other thing I would suggest is if you are in a non-tiered park check to see if any FP's open for a popular attraction you currently don't have a FP for and change your existing one to that. With people constantly changing their FP's you can sometimes pick up a nice surprise along the way.

ikillratz

Original Poster
Once you have your 3 reserved fastpasses, is there anyway to look at the current fastpasses to see if it worth cancelling to get a better one that might open up before going to the park and using the first fastpass. Right now when I go in to fastpasses for the day I picked 3 already it won't even let me see what is available.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Once you have your 3 reserved fastpasses, is there anyway to look at the current fastpasses to see if it worth cancelling to get a better one that might open up before going to the park and using the first fastpass. Right now when I go in to fastpasses for the day I picked 3 already it won't even let me see what is available.
Click on one of your fastpasses and then click modify. It will show the availability for other attractions.

danheaton

I had a lot of success with refreshing the app over and over. FastPasses that didn't seem available were out there for the exact time basically. This also helps with rescheduling to keep getting earlier times with your approach. This assumes it's not a top ride like Space Mountain or 7DMT in most cases.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom