FastPass + / Traditional FastPass Strategy Advice

10Magic

Original Poster
I can sure use some help from the experts!
I'm planning a quick two-day, two-night stay in early January, with Park-Hopping for three people, and we want to do two parks each day. With the new FastPass +, we can only choose FP's for one park per day. What is the best strategy for adding additional FastPasses for another park on the same day? Do we automatically also receive a Key To The Kingdom card, or do we need to ask?
Any tips or advice to make our two short days as efficient as possible are enormously appreciated! Thanks in advance.

DisneyJoe

Make your FP+ for the second park. Arrive early to the first park and use standby, single rider if you can. When you hop to the second park, you will already have reservations for 3 attractions.

10Magic

Original Poster
Make your FP+ for the second park. Arrive early to the first park and use standby, single rider if you can. When you hop to the second park, you will already have reservations for 3 attractions.
Thanks! Can I use traditional FastPasses at the first park with Keys To The World cards?

DisneyJoe

Thanks! Can I use traditional FastPasses at the first park with Keys To The World cards?

No one can say for certain at this point, unless you are staying at Pop Century since the KTTW cards that they are giving out should not have the magnetic strip activated for the traditional Fastpasses; so you wouldn't be able to with them. Otherwise, it would depend on if the resort you will be at has reached that part of the testing phase.

10Magic

Original Poster
No one can say for certain at this point, unless you are staying at Pop Century since the KTTW cards that they are giving out should not have the magnetic strip activated for the traditional Fastpasses; so you wouldn't be able to with them. Otherwise, it would depend on if the resort you will be at has reached that part of the testing phase.
It will be Coronado Springs, and I'm hoping to use a few paper FastPasses in the later morning at our "non-FastPass+" park. Thanks Joe!

minniemickeyfan

If I'm staying at Pop in early Jan can i get regular FP with my Annual Passes?

Last edited:

Tuvalu

I'm sure they will be there I just wasn't sure if AP's were linked to your MB. Hopefully I'll get all this MM+ figured out
Your AP is linked to your band (since you must link some sort of ticket media t0 the band) but you should still be able to use your AP for regular fastpasses. We have had FP+ and used our APs for paper fastpasses on two trips.

RonAnnArbor

Last week, (annual passholder staying at PO-Riv) the magic band worked for three passes per park per day -- and BOTH the RFID Annual pass card AND the KTTW card worked in all of the regular fastpass machines, so for the time being you can get double the fastpasses with both your cards. The KTTW will always continue to be offered as an option instead of the wristbands -- they've been getting horrible feedback from regular park goers about the wristbands and announced they will always allow you to use the KTTW instead -- BUT -- once they do away with regular fastpasses sometime in 2014, your KTTW card will work just like the wristbands -- only three FP in one park per day...
Note that the entire Fastpass+ system is currently underfire, and nobody knows what will actually happen next year. For now, regular fastpasses are not going anywhere.

Nemo14

Last week, (annual passholder staying at PO-Riv) the magic band worked for three passes per park per day -- and BOTH the RFID Annual pass card AND the KTTW card worked in all of the regular fastpass machines, so for the time being you can get double the fastpasses with both your cards. The KTTW will always continue to be offered as an option instead of the wristbands -- they've been getting horrible feedback from regular park goers about the wristbands and announced they will always allow you to use the KTTW instead -- BUT -- once they do away with regular fastpasses sometime in 2014, your KTTW card will work just like the wristbands -- only three FP in one park per day...
Note that the entire Fastpass+ system is currently underfire, and nobody knows what will actually happen next year. For now, regular fastpasses are not going anywhere.

But weren't they trying to eliminate that at Pop?
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...-key-to-the-world-card-from-this-week.876731/

RonAnnArbor

Pop is the only one where you can only use the FP+ system and not the regular fastpass machines. You STILL have the option of using a KTTW instead of a wristband. They will never be eliminating the cards -- but they will eventually function like the wristbands so it doesn't matter which you use.

Nemo14

Pop is the only one where you can only use the FP+ system and not the regular fastpass machines. You STILL have the option of using a KTTW instead of a wristband. They will never be eliminating the cards -- but they will eventually function like the wristbands so it doesn't matter which you use.
Yes, but that eliminates the "double dipping" on fast passes, right?

disney4life2008

Thank you for explaining this. This whole system is very confusing. I have an AP and staying on property - so it seems I can double dip. But I probably will not need to in January and will be solo. I am excited about the magic band but I get irriated with things on my arm unless its a watch (the same one I have wore for years). I much prefer the KTTW card. But I am keeping an open mind about this mess.

RonAnnArbor

Yeah, I did too -- and after one hour the magic band never came out of my cargo pants pocket and I just used my KTTW card everywhere --- by the way, I have a Hex stealth iPhone case -- I put my KTTW card in the hidden compartment and use it everywhere by tapping the back of the iPhone to the RFID readers throughout the park and the resort hotel room -- kinda cool

PhilliesFan1980

As of this week PO Riverside and Art of Animation are issuing KTTW cards in addition to Magic Bands. Double dipping with FP on KTTW cards is functional. They are having quite a few problems with Magic Bands being linked to park passes, charging, etc. I would say 75% of people in guest relations lines at parks are there for Magic Band linking issues. I know, since I was in such a line for that reason yesterday. As a result, I can't see them phasing out the KTTW cards too quickly yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom