Fastpass+ Suggestions

osucbsb

Original Poster
We are getting close to our 60 day mark and I am new to this system. I was looking for some help on what is the best times during the day to book our fastpasses at Epcot (it will be our first park of the trip). We are staying at POFQ and plan to be at Epcot when it opens. We have reservations for Rose & Crown for supper at 7:05pm. We will more than likely be in World Showcase in the afternoon up until supper.

Do you not book them for first thing and try to ride the ones before the crowds really start rolling in?

How much time do you give yourself between rides when you book the fastpass reservations?

Thanks for any help.

sjhym333

The thing about EPCOT is that there are really 2 attractions that FP's are great for: Soarin and Test Track but you can only choose one of those. If your plan is to get there for opening I would suggest that you FP one of them and head to the other one at opening where there will be minimal wait times. After that it gets a little easier. Since you have to pick 3 I would choose Spaceship Earth which seems to have gotten busier with FP+. Then choose any other attraction you want.

We were out at EPCOT on Saturday late afternoon. We had a FP for Soarin, Spaceship Earth and Seas with Nemo. Soarin and Test Track had Standby wait times of 90 mins but everything else was 15 mins or less. We used our Spaceship Earth FP but the standby was only 15 mins and Nemo was less then 10 mins. After we used our FP's we stopped at a kiosk at around 5:30 and the only things available were: Captain EO, Imagination, Nemo.

osucbsb

Original Poster
Thanks so much for the info. We haven't been to DW since 2009, so this will all be new to us.

JohnD

My general rule of thumb for Epcot is this: I go two days to Epcot and book east side FP+ in FW one morning, leaving the east side of WS to explore then west side FP+ in FW the next, leaving the west side of WS to explore the next day.

For example:
May 12: SSE, TT, and M:S then explore Mexico up to or through American Adventure on east side of WS
May 13: Soarin', Nemo, and Turtle Talk (don't really need FP+ for the other two but you need to pick) then explore Canada up to or through AA on west side.

Weather_Lady

We generally tour Epcot in one day. With the tiered FP+ in Epcot, the smartest thing to do is to head to either Soarin' or Test Track at rope drop, and have a FP+ made for the other at least a couple of hours later (or whenever you think you'll have worked your way to the opposite side of Future World). For my family, it takes about 90 minutes to cover the Test Track side of Future World if we start there at rope drop (skipping Ellen's Energy Adventure, and spending only about 10 minutes in Innoventions), and closer to 3 hours to cover the Soarin' side of Future World if we start there at rope drop (skipping the Lion King film and sometimes Captain EO, but lingering for a few minutes at the aquarium exhibits in The Seas and the Imagination play area), so if I wanted a FP+ for Test Track, I'd make it around noon, and if I wanted one for Soarin', I'd make it for around 10:30am. Don't waste a FP+ by making one within the first hour after the park opens: during that hour, the lines are the lowest they'll be all day, and you're unlikely to save any time by using a FP+ then. Save them for later, as the crowds build...

Typically, we then have lunch and head back to the hotel for a nap break. Around 4pm, we return to do World Showcase (including Gran Fiesta boat tour, Maelstrom, and 1 or 2 of the 3 movies offered in China, Canada and France). In your case, you'll likely want to start with the Mexico side and work your way around so you'll be in the neighborhood of Great Britain when your dinner reservation rolls around. As far as other FP+ in Epcot, we generally make them for SSE (late afternoon, as we return to the park, although we generally hit it again on our way out at the end of the night) and then some other random thing.

osucbsb

Original Poster
We generally tour Epcot in one day. With the tiered FP+ in Epcot, the smartest thing to do is to head to either Soarin' or Test Track at rope drop, and have a FP+ made for the other at least a couple of hours later (or whenever you think you'll have worked your way to the opposite side of Future World). For my family, it takes about 90 minutes to cover the Test Track side of Future World if we start there at rope drop (skipping Ellen's Energy Adventure, and spending only about 10 minutes in Innoventions), and closer to 3 hours to cover the Soarin' side of Future World if we start there at rope drop (skipping the Lion King film and sometimes Captain EO, but lingering for a few minutes at the aquarium exhibits in The Seas and the Imagination play area), so if I wanted a FP+ for Test Track, I'd make it around noon, and if I wanted one for Soarin', I'd make it for around 10:30am. Don't waste a FP+ by making one within the first hour after the park opens: during that hour, the lines are the lowest they'll be all day, and you're unlikely to save any time by using a FP+ then. Save them for later, as the crowds build...

Typically, we then have lunch and head back to the hotel for a nap break. Around 4pm, we return to do World Showcase (including Gran Fiesta boat tour, Maelstrom, and 1 or 2 of the 3 movies offered in China, Canada and France). In your case, you'll likely want to start with the Mexico side and work your way around so you'll be in the neighborhood of Great Britain when your dinner reservation rolls around. As far as other FP+ in Epcot, we generally make them for SSE (late afternoon, as we return to the park, although we generally hit it again on our way out at the end of the night) and then some other random thing.
Thank you for the suggestions. I set it up pretty similar to what you laid out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom