FastPass+ selection window reduced to 30 days for Annual Passholders

JohnD

Now I know why my rolling 60 day window diseappeared after staying in All Star Sports last Veteran's Day. It appears the rules were re-set. I cannot make any more FP+ in advance of my next visit where I'm staying in CBR which begins April 5. But the rolling days continue after I leave on April 9. I haven't yet received my AP MB which I customized and ordered so perhaps FP+ will open up same day in a rolling 30 day window after I input the MB.

JohnD

OTOH, I'm once again at a 60 day rolling window, from today to May 10 with the April 5-9 trip in-between. Wasn't that way several days ago. Hmm. Maybe the 30 day window kicks in post-trip.

ashleyrm

OTOH, I'm once again at a 60 day rolling window, from today to May 10 with the April 5-9 trip in-between. Wasn't that way several days ago. Hmm. Maybe the 30 day window kicks in post-trip.

I think that might be true. I have a RO reservation for 4/6 - 4/8 and can book FPP through May 11.

aladdin2007

For those of you not using the bands, but just the RFID card like myself, was able to get three fastpasses for MK tomorrow. It seemed pretty easy as long as your passes are linked in your account.

Sped2424

Wait so passholders can't attach their credit card to their magic band like everyone else? That is a little disappointing to me.

docdebbi

Seems fair to me. I usually decide to go to the park a week ahead of time at most anyway.

30 days is still plenty of time to book FP for any family visits too.

not sure i agree with you, it may be plenty for folks who decide one week out, but not for most folks....

i am not sure how long FP+ stay available, but in my experience, i couldn't get everything i wanted when i wanted it at the 60 day mark,
now, let folks pick over them for 30 days and at 30 day out mark, i bet there are things that you can't get.
can't say that for a fact, but i am highly suspiscious you won't have first dibbs on the good stuff.

Sped2424

Me too. I was told that we would be able to attach a credit card to the MagicBand. I agree that it is disappointing.
What I don't understand is why? Why wouldn't a passholder be able to attach their credit card to their ap? What difference does that make from someone staying at a resort. Unless the wording is off and they meant charge to a room or something along those lines.

Rider

not sure i agree with you, it may be plenty for folks who decide one week out, but not for most folks....

i am not sure how long FP+ stay available, but in my experience, i couldn't get everything i wanted when i wanted it at the 60 day mark,
now, let folks pick over them for 30 days and at 30 day out mark, i bet there are things that you can't get.
can't say that for a fact, but i am highly suspiscious you won't have first dibbs on the good stuff.

I agree it isn't great if you are planning a vacation. But most AP holders are locals who decide they want to go with very little planning.

As for availability I was playing around and was able to schedule times for all the big attractions (TSMM, Soarin, TT, Space, etc) for tomorrow and this weekend.

ParentsOf4

FP+ as a perk for staying ON SITE will begin to address the issue of the huge price difference between Disney and non-Disney Hotel accommodations. Disney needs a crowbar to get people to stay on site - if they stick to the plan, they will have one.
Unlike ADRs where some prime restaurants have very limited seating, WDW has numerous popular attractions with capacity for thousands of guests each day.

Although some onsite guests might like to preplan 60 days out, many won't. I suspect there will be more than enough capacity left over for AP holders who want to book at the 30-day mark.

From a practical perspective, I suspect the 30-day limit will have little impact on AP holders for all but the busiest days.

However, the 30-day limit will help Disney "sell" the value of an onsite stay.

Let's see how this plays out but, on the face of it, this seems like a good compromise by Disney.

alissafalco

I just booked my FP+ today for when I arrive in 3 weeks. I had absolutely no problem at all getting what I wanted. Everything was available, I even changed around times and switched a bit and I still got everything. Granted today is only the first day I was able to book FP+. It will be interesting to see how it plays out down the road.

Scuttle

I just booked my FP+ today for when I arrive in 3 weeks. I had absolutely no problem at all getting what I wanted. Everything was available, I even changed around times and switched a bit and I still got everything. Granted today is only the first day I was able to book FP+. It will be interesting to see how it plays out down the road.
Betcha didn't get soarin and test track on the same day:happy:

aladdin2007

I bet its hard to get Toy Story Mania at DHS, I should have tried that online today just for fun to see if I could. But stuck with choosing MK options since thats where I'll be tomorrow.

Rob562

I bet its hard to get Toy Story Mania at DHS, I should have tried that online today just for fun to see if I could. But stuck with choosing MK options since thats where I'll be tomorrow.

As of this moment (12:43am Thursday) TSMM was available at multiple different times for the upcoming operating day today (Thursday).

Now, if I were to check 12 hours from now, I'll bet there'd be a different outcome, but that'd be the same on a busy day under the old system...

-Rob

hockey87

My friend and I are both have annual passes. Is there a way to get Fast Pass in advance for my friend and I at the same time? Or do we both have to do it separately and pick the same times?

I don't see anywhere that allows you to link to another person.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom