Fastpass Ride Closed- Different Ride?

bigred102334

Original Poster
If your ride closes during your fastpass time do you get to use it (a wildcard fastpass) at any ride in the park or is it from a specific list of attractions?

dreamfinder

Depends on the ride in question. Some will give you a full wildcard, and others will be limited. For instance I think that Dumbo would exclude 7DMT and the mountains, but 7DMT should be a full wildcard.

Rob562

In addition, the wildcard will only be for that park.

*However*, if it's within an hour or two of park close (I don't know the exact cutoff) the wildcard will be good at any park through the next day.

-Rob

DfromATX

When we were there in July, Rockin' Roller Coaster was down during our time, but they honored it when we came back later and I was able to get an extra fast pass in place of it.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
If it is a scheduke FP, you will get an email letting you know how your Multi Experience pass will be applied. It will provide a list of attractions you can use it at.

rct247

Other things to note:
  • Your existing Fastpass will likely disappear and be replaced with one that says "Multiple Experiences".
  • You will only receive the notification & Multiple Experiences Fastpass if the attraction is down during your scheduled time. (Just before it is down 30minutes before your time, doesn't mean it will be down during your entire scheduled time.)
  • The Multiple Experience FastPass isn't good for everything as hukunamatata said. There is a list of attractions it will be valid at.
  • The list will also nearly always include the same attraction you booked even though it is temporarily closed. This means that it is valid when it reopens OR you can use it elsewhere.
  • If you choose to use it at another attraction, you will no longer be able to return to the one you had it for, even if it is working again.
  • The Multiple Experiences Fastpass is only good for that day unless it occurred right before the park closed.
  • The only people who will get it are the ones with the Fastpasses so if only 2 of your party of 4 had Fastpasses, only two will be able to use them at another attraction.

correcaminos

We had this on Thursday. As a 4th FP+ we chose Barnstormer. It went down and we got this e-mail a few minutes before our FP+ took place. I would consider that a win ;)

ffinvite-headertopleft-corner.png

ffinvite-headertopright-corner.png

FastPass+ Change Notification

lrg_icn_fpplus.png

Hello,

The Barnstormer is temporarily unavailable. Your FastPass+ selection for 1:15 PM to 2:15 PM on 06/08/2017 has been modified.

You are now eligible for one (1) of the following options:

OPTION 1:
If The Barnstormer becomes available later, you may visit this experience any time from 1:15 PM on 06/08/2017 through the end of normal attraction operating hours.

—OR—

OPTION 2:
As a replacement to your FastPass+ selection for The Barnstormer, you may instead visit one (1) of the following FastPass+ experiences anytime from 1:15 PM on 06/08/2017 through the end of normal attraction operating hours.

Experiences
"it's a small world"
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Mad Tea Party
Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
Meet Ariel at Her Grotto
Jungle Cruise
Enchanted Tales with Belle
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Meet Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Haunted Mansion
Pirates of the Caribbean
Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
Space Mountain
Meet Cinderella and Elena at Princess Fairytale Hall
Meet Rapunzel and Tiana at Princess Fairytale Hall
Mickey's PhilharMagic
The Barnstormer
Tomorrowland Speedway
Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
Dumbo the Flying Elephant

There is no action needed to select the experience in advance. During the designated day and time, just arrive at the one (1) FastPass+ experience of your choice and touch your MagicBand or Theme Park Ticket to enter!

Valid Theme Park admission is required. FastPass+ selections cannot be redeemed during Extra Magic Hours.

Visit My Itinerary on My Disney Experience for more details.

Need Help?

If you have further questions, please visit the FastPass+ section of the Help Center on My Disney Experience or call 407-939-7660.

tsaintc

One other point to note here that may seem to way to 'game', but on our last trip we had a FP for PoC. The ride went down minutes before our window opened, and we then received a wildcard option pass. A few hours later, even though PoC was still down, I was able to get another FP. And, once again, when our window opened, we were given another wildcard pass. I was able to stack 4 wildcard passes like this through the rest of the day...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom