FastPass+ question: Mixing the old and new

jkl2000

We canceled all for one day and started over making selections in a different park.

I see now if you go to Manage Fastpass Requests you can delete all for a full day.

Doesn't seem like you can split them up over two parks in one day which is surprising

jkl2000

One park per day for FP+ has been the policy since FP+ was implemented. Hence, all the complaints about that in various threads on these forums.

Thanks, I somehow missed those complaints! Wow, don't they want to sell Park Hopper passes? Maybe they're phasing them out?

G00fyDad

Thanks, I somehow missed those complaints! Wow, don't they want to sell Park Hopper passes? Maybe they're phasing them out?

Phasing out PH would be a financial disaster. They would prefer that if a family were tired of one park (like the half day AK) then they want the money from that family at another park. They'll keep the PH option.

Bairstow

Allowing reserved fastpasses in multiple parks would be a crowding and utilization disaster. Families would simply reserve the big attractions in animal kingdom or mgm and then hop to the magic kingdom or Epcot. Standby lines at the magic kingdom would grow and Low-demand, high capacity attractions and shows at the less popular parks would be even more under-utilized.

jkl2000

Allowing reserved fastpasses in multiple parks would be a crowding and utilization disaster. Families would simply reserve the big attractions in animal kingdom or mgm and then hop to the magic kingdom or Epcot. Standby lines at the magic kingdom would grow and Low-demand, high capacity attractions and shows at the less popular parks would be even more under-utilized.

This is probably pretty much what's happening during the MB testing, eh?

BTW, I've asked this in a couple of places but not yet gotten a definite answer. Will be also be receiving KTTW cards in addition to the Magic Bands? I assume so, and this is how people can double-dip (and mainly have the KTTW cards as backup in case there are issues with the MBs). So will I receive the KTTW cards with my packet with the ME tags, or am I supposed to get them at check in?

G00fyDad

This is probably pretty much what's happening during the MB testing, eh?

BTW, I've asked this in a couple of places but not yet gotten a definite answer. Will be also be receiving KTTW cards in addition to the Magic Bands? I assume so, and this is how people can double-dip (and mainly have the KTTW cards as backup in case there are issues with the MBs). So will I receive the KTTW cards with my packet with the ME tags, or am I supposed to get them at check in?

From what I have been told, people involved in the testing of the Magic Bands are getting both the KttW card and the bands. You'll get these at check in on the day you arrive.

Bairstow

From what I have been told, people involved in the testing of the Magic Bands are getting both the KttW card and the bands. You'll get these at check in on the day you arrive.

Yup. We did.
We never used the Kingdom to the World card, though we did use our paper tickets to get normal paper fastpasses.

G00fyDad

Yup. We did.
We never used the Kingdom to the World card, though we did use our paper tickets to get normal paper fastpasses.

How did you get paper tickets AND KttW cards? Paper tickets are for those that are not staying in a resort. KttW cards are for those that ARE staying in a resort. You typically do not get both unless you forget your KttW card in your room one day.

Bairstow

How did you get paper tickets AND KttW cards? Paper tickets are for those that are not staying in a resort. KttW cards are for those that ARE staying in a resort. You typically do not get both unless you forget your KttW card in your room one day.

Room was a DVC studio paid for with "rented" points.
Tickets were bought through Undercover Tourist.
Both were combined into the MagicBands.

Bairstow

I just read a rumor that during the Magicband testing, ANY paper Disney World ticket, even an expired one, will make the machines print a fastpass.

Anyone want to test this?

Takeitforgranite

I got a trip coming in OCT and will be doing the FP+ thing.

If you do FP+, do you have to have/wear the armbands the make it work? I'm not crazy about armbands and would just like the traditional KTTW cards. I hope they don't faze them out altogether by then.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.

If you do FP+, do you have to have/wear the armbands the make it work? I'm not crazy about armbands and would just like the traditional KTTW cards. I hope they don't faze them out altogether by then.

Yes FP+ is tied directly to the Magic Bands. Depending on what stage the testing\rollout of the MDE is in, the KTTW and in turn double dipping of paper FP tickets may still be happening.

Tuvalu

Premium Member

Your KTTW card will work exactly like a MagicBand for FP+.

G00fyDad

The KttW cards are not going anywhere anytime soo. They will always be there. Disney is not going to force you to take an armband.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom