Fastpass Kiosks with Shortest Lines?

Pan

Original Poster
We're headed back to WDW over Easter week and I'm slightly concerned about the crowds. Any regulars able to tell me which FP kiosks may have the shortest lines in each of the parks. Or maybe which FP kiosk to avoid as it is always mobbed.

MattC

Good question. I always have a hard time finding them, I rarely use them which is probably why, and they usually have at least a short line. Last time I checked the app the maps had not been updated with their locations. May have been added though.

SAV

At opening, go to the ones furthest in the park since most people will stop at the ones closest to them. After the initial rush, I didn't notice any having any longer lines than the others.

sjhym333

It is Easter week so it will be very busy. You don't say if you're planning to use a kiosk for your first 3 choices or later in the day for your 4th. If there is anyway you can I would suggest you get your tickets and pick your 3 now. I have found the ones outside of Mickey's Philharmagic have been less crowded. They have several kiosks there and a CM who keeps directing people to an open one. I know there is a set between Adventureland and Liberty Square and others at Stitch's Great Escape, though they always seem busy to me

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but I just don't get why they won't let you book your 4th on the smart phone app... it would free up lines at the kiosks, but maybe they just think they would get too many complaints about people not having smart phones being at a disadvantage... sigh...

JohnD

At opening, go to the ones furthest in the park since most people will stop at the ones closest to them. After the initial rush, I didn't notice any having any longer lines than the others.

Agree. Go to the back of the park. I've never seen the one in the breezeway between Frontierland and Adventureland very busy.

Pan

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for the info. I have my first 3 FPs scheduled, so this is looking to acquire additional FPs later in the day.

We're headed back to WDW over Easter week and I'm slightly concerned about the crowds. Any regulars able to tell me which FP kiosks may have the shortest lines in each of the parks. Or maybe which FP kiosk to avoid as it is always mobbed.

Thanks for asking this. I wanted to post a similar question. I have heard some bad stories in regards to the lines. I think for those groups who didn't read up ahead of time, they slow down the line trying to get their first 3 figured out once they get to the park.
I wondered about the "roaming cm's with an ipad". Do they only stand near the kiosk plus Main St.? Are they hard to find? I can't believe MK only has 4 kiosk areas currently for the amount of people that are in the park! The other 3 parks also have 4, which makes no sense to me. Epcot only has one on the whole world showcase. Disney's website lists the current 4 kiosks for MK: Philharmagic in Fantasyland, near the Diamond Horseshoe in Liberty Square, near the Jungle Cruise in Adventureland, and by Stitch's Great Escape in Tomorrowland. It doesn't mention Main Street or guest relations anymore but I hope that is still true.
I only listed those because it would seem to need more kiosks due to the crowding and amount of rides available for FP possiblities, it seems to me, and so more of a problem? I could be wrong on that point though.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Thanks for asking this. I wanted to post a similar question. I have heard some bad stories in regards to the lines. I think for those groups who didn't read up ahead of time, they slow down the line trying to get their first 3 figured out once they get to the park.
I wondered about the "roaming cm's with an ipad". Do they only stand near the kiosk plus Main St.? Are they hard to find? I can't believe MK only has 4 kiosk areas currently for the amount of people that are in the park! The other 3 parks also have 4, which makes no sense to me. Epcot only has one on the whole world showcase. Disney's website lists the current 4 kiosks for MK: Philharmagic in Fantasyland, near the Diamond Horseshoe in Liberty Square, near the Jungle Cruise in Adventureland, and by Stitch's Great Escape in Tomorrowland. It doesn't mention Main Street or guest relations anymore but I hope that is still true.
I only listed those because it would seem to need more kiosks due to the crowding and amount of rides available for FP possiblities, it seems to me, and so more of a problem? I could be wrong on that point though.
There are NO kiosks and no "roaming with an IPad" CMs on Main Street. You cannot even book FP at the My Magic Service Center (next to Tony's in Town Square.) No FP booking at Guest Services in City Hall either. It is a form of "crowd control" to move guests deeper into the park.

I agree that 4 kiosk centers in MK is not nearly enough. All of them are very busy; the one by Jungle Cruise probably is the least busy. I have never seen "roaming" CMs with IPads at MK; the only park I have seen them is AK.

There are NO kiosks and no "roaming with an IPad" CMs on Main Street. You cannot even book FP at the My Magic Service Center (next to Tony's in Town Square.) No FP booking at Guest Services in City Hall either. It is a form of "crowd control" to move guests deeper into the park.

I agree that 4 kiosk centers in MK is not nearly enough. All of them are very busy; the one by Jungle Cruise probably is the least busy. I have never seen "roaming" CMs with IPads at MK; the only park I have seen them is AK.

Thanks so much Tuvalu for that info! Would you say "very busy" as in 20 minutes or is it longer on days with crowd level, say a 6 or 7? I know it depends, but as a general idea. Is the My Magic Service Center for when your band doesn't work properly or your reservations don't show up on it?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I would say 20 minutes is about right on a moderately busy day. And yeah, the Service Center is for MagicBand/MDE account issues.

mm52200

I have no idea why they closed the one at Storybook Circus, the two kiosk machines are still sitting back there. They could atleast leave those kiosks turned on and unattended like the ones in City Hall. There's also a whole other set of unused kiosks by Buzz Lightyear. No reason Magic Kingdom shouldn't have all of these open.

irishmom58

MK has one near Country Bear Jamboree, it is the walk thru to Adventureland from Frontierland. Epcot has one as you pass through to the Lands area. All are busy at one time or another, just wait it out.

irishmom58

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but I just don't get why they won't let you book your 4th on the smart phone app... it would free up lines at the kiosks, but maybe they just think they would get too many complaints about people not having smart phones being at a disadvantage... sigh...
Disney is as Disney does, ours is not to question why :)

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
In my trip this past week, at the Magic Kingdom, I found the FastPass Kiosk at Philharmagic to routinely have the shortest waits (probably because they had so many reservation Kiosks at that location). Usually, I could get there and only have to wait for one or two groups ahead of me. The ones by Stitch and the breezeway between Frontierland and Adventureland seemed to be the next best bets with waits (at least while I was there) being between three and five groups ahead of you. Waits at Jungle Cruise always seemed to be the worst for me, but I'm sure waits at ALL of them vary significantly depending on the time of day you are there.

The thing that would bug me was how long people would spend at the kiosk. I mean, I realize that not everyone can book all of their FastPasses at home, but it just seemed like there were some groups that would get up to the kiosk and have no clue what rides they wanted to book and would spend (easily) 5-10 minutes trying to decide. It would be nice if they had a display screen set up near the kiosk that showed which attractions had available FastPasses and (possibly) the next available FastPass times for each attraction. Just something so people could plan a little bit before they actually got to the kiosk. Even for people who were more prepared, it would have been nice to quickly see what rides had available FastPasses because I know on a couple occasions I made stops only to find out the only rides that had available FastPasses were the less desirable/less necessary FastPasses (Small World, Winnie the Pooh, Stitch, Monsters Inc, etc).

I will say that on one day I was able to get in seven FastPasses (the three I started with plus four more), mostly using the kiosk near Philharmagic. A couple times I felt a bit guilty because there were available FastPasses for rides that were sooner than the current queue length. For example, at 5:45 pm, we got a FastPass for 6:10 for Jungle Cruise and the current line for Jungle Cruise was 45 minutes. Worked out very nicely!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom