Fastpass+ for whole group?

star77kc

Original Poster
Hi guys! Thanks for all your help so far! I finally linked my APs for my DH and I on MyExperience, and am able to pick my Fastpass+ selections, but what about the other 3 adults in our group? I know our 2 year olds can just join us, but how do all the adults get FPs together? The way it's set up, my DH and I will be the only ones with FPs. This doesn't seem right.

Also, how do I get a Fastpass+ for a BOG lunch?

Thanks again in advance!

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Hi guys! Thanks for all your help so far! I finally linked my APs for my DH and I on MyExperience, and am able to pick my Fastpass+ selections, but what about the other 3 adults in our group? I know our 2 year olds can just join us, but how do all the adults get FPs together? The way it's set up, my DH and I will be the only ones with FPs. This doesn't seem right.

Also, how do I get a Fastpass+ for a BOG lunch?

Thanks again in advance!

Are the other people in your group staying at a testing resort? If not they won't get FP+ If they are you need to link there MDX account to yours and they have to give you permission to make FP+ for them.

star77kc

Original Poster
Are the other people in your group staying at a testing resort? If not they won't get FP+ If they are you need to link there MDX account to yours and they have to give you permission to make FP+ for them.
My parents are staying with us, so yes. The other adult is staying at Pop, so I think she should be able to as well. What's an MDX account?

star77kc

Original Poster
Lol I just got it. My Disney Experience. I'm silly. If I'm able to get their ticket numbers on my account , should it work? I already have their names on my account.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
My parents are staying with us, so yes. The other adult is staying at Pop, so I think she should be able to as well. What's an MDX account?
My Disney Experience. If your parents are in the same room they should be under your account already. If not they need to set up their account or maybe they will let you do it for them and you can get everything linked together easier. The same for for the person staying at Pop.

PolynesianPrincess

The person staying at Pop will need to get an invite to test out the Magic Bands. If they don't get an invite, they can't do FP+. We just went 3 weeks ago and participated in the testing. We are going again next month. 2 people in our group were there for the testing last month but the 3rd person was not. I can select FP+ for the two who did testing, but the 3rd person, even though her ticket is linked and all and she is in our room, since she has not yet been invited to test the bands, I cannot pick FP+ for her.

Question though for anyone who might know.... Do you have to be paid in full to get to test the bands? If so, we should pay off our ressie now.

star77kc

Original Poster
My Disney Experience. If your parents are in the same room they should be under your account already. If not they need to set up their account or maybe they will let you do it for them and you can get everything linked together easier. The same for for the person staying at Pop.
So do they have to have the MDX app? Can't I just link their ticket numbers? Or no?

star77kc

Original Poster
The person staying at Pop will need to get an invite to test out the Magic Bands. If they don't get an invite, they can't do FP+. We just went 3 weeks ago and participated in the testing. We are going again next month. 2 people in our group were there for the testing last month but the 3rd person was not. I can select FP+ for the two who did testing, but the 3rd person, even though her ticket is linked and all and she is in our room, since she has not yet been invited to test the bands, I cannot pick FP+ for her.

Question though for anyone who might know.... Do you have to be paid in full to get to test the bands? If so, we should pay off our ressie now.
So basically, we won't be able to use Fastpass+ if we want to ride with our whole party. This seems like something Disney will have to work out in the system. That doesn't seem right.

PolynesianPrincess

So basically, we won't be able to use Fastpass+ if we want to ride with our whole party. This seems like something Disney will have to work out in the system. That doesn't seem right.

Since it's still in the testing stages, not everyone is invited to try the bands. They're rolling it out by resort. The person staying at Pop will have to check their email and/or mail to see if they've been invited to test it. Or they can go into their MDE account and check to see if they are able to make FP+ choices. Without the bands though, you can't do it. When is your trip? Because they are slowly rolling it out to more resorts through October and November.

star77kc

Original Poster
Since it's still in the testing stages, not everyone is invited to try the bands. They're rolling it out by resort. The person staying at Pop will have to check their email and/or mail to see if they've been invited to test it. Or they can go into their MDE account and check to see if they are able to make FP+ choices. Without the bands though, you can't do it. When is your trip? Because they are slowly rolling it out to more resorts through October and November.
We will be there nov 1st-9th. We don't have bands yet, but it's still letting me choose FP+ selections. Would they send us bands, or would our passes just include that FP+ info?

PolynesianPrincess

You have to scan the band in order to enter the FP line. It wouldn't be on your key to the world card or anything like that. I would call and see if they have any idea? It's all still new so I'm not 100% sure how it all works. Maybe they will give you your bands at the resort? The guy who checked us in at the Poly didn't know we already had our bands sent to us so he was looking for them there. So I do know some people don't get their bands until they arrive.

star77kc

Original Poster
You have to scan the band in order to enter the FP line. It wouldn't be on your key to the world card or anything like that. I would call and see if they have any idea? It's all still new so I'm not 100% sure how it all works. Maybe they will give you your bands at the resort? The guy who checked us in at the Poly didn't know we already had our bands sent to us so he was looking for them there. So I do know some people don't get their bands until they arrive.
Thanks so much!!

TheMouseFan

We were not paid in full when I was able to customize our bands and select FP+.

PolynesianPrincess

We were not paid in full when I was able to customize our bands and select FP+.

And actually I just went in to see if I could do any FP+ stuff and it let me this time. Didn't let me select them for my cousin before. But now it will. And we haven't been invited to do magic bands yet. So I don't know what the heck is going on with it!!

TheMouseFan

And actually I just went in to see if I could do any FP+ stuff and it let me this time. Didn't let me select them for my cousin before. But now it will. And we haven't been invited to do magic bands yet. So I don't know what the heck is going on with it!!
I was able to select my FP+ one day, but not customize the bands until the next day.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I never got an invite but was able to customize MBs and select FP+ not everyone gets and invite. If you are staying at a testing resort and have tickets you can use the FP+ system.

ratherbeinwdw

We will be there nov 1st-9th. We don't have bands yet, but it's still letting me choose FP+ selections. Would they send us bands, or would our passes just include that FP+ info?
From reading many post and from my conversation with a reservation cm, I believe there is a cut-off date for ordering magic bands before your arrival date. If you haven't signed-up and linked your tickets/room etc by a certain date, then they have the bands waiting for you at the resort. However, they will be the grey ones.
If you were able to make fp+ selections, then you are staying at a testing resort. I did get an invite. I was able to link the friends going with us-they are staying with us-and copy and paste our fastpass choices to their accounts.

PolynesianPrincess

I never got an invite but was able to customize MBs and select FP+ not everyone gets and invite. If you are staying at a testing resort and have tickets you can use the FP+ system.

When we were at the Poly a few weeks back not everyone there was doing the testing, so I don't know if that is 100% accurate. Either that or not everyone chose to participate in it but we saw a LOT of people at the resort swimming and such without magic bands.

PolynesianPrincess

From reading many post and from my conversation with a reservation cm, I believe there is a cut-off date for ordering magic bands before your arrival date. If you haven't signed-up and linked your tickets/room etc by a certain date, then they have the bands waiting for you at the resort. However, they will be the grey ones.
If you were able to make fp+ selections, then you are staying at a testing resort. I did get an invite. I was able to link the friends going with us-they are staying with us-and copy and paste our fastpass choices to their accounts.

We already have Magic Bands from a few weeks back so I'll just use that. I really don't want them to give me a new one when the one I have will work fine. We didn't get our email to test out the magic bands until 8/24 and we were arriving on 9/7. I think it said something along the lines of 8/26 as the deadline we had to customize them.

star77kc

Original Poster
We already have Magic Bands from a few weeks back so I'll just use that. I really don't want them to give me a new one when the one I have will work fine. We didn't get our email to test out the magic bands until 8/24 and we were arriving on 9/7. I think it said something along the lines of 8/26 as the deadline we had to customize them.
I guess I still have 4 weeks, so maybe I'll get this all figured out in the last week or so before. The only thing that bums me out is it's not seeming like I can get the Fastpass+ selections for our whole group. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom