FastPass for Park Hopping

FoozieBear

Original Poster
Don't come to the kiosks and expect everything you want available. Trust me, a majority of days most of the big hits are gone. I am a Kiosk CM and this is something you all should keep in mind. There have been days where I am at Epcot and am at the kiosk PRIOR to OPENING and there are STILL NO SOARIN/TestTrack available, or at MK and by 10:00a/11:00a return times for the mountains are all evening times(if there at all). Hope this helps whomever reads.

Does this also cover days that are off-season? The dates we would be travelling next would be during the first week of February, so do those FastPasses run out even when there's less visitors than on a crowded day?

CAPTAIN HOOK

You pick one park to FastPass in, and all the others you had to wait in line.
So why the outrage ?

Currently you book 3 FP+ in advance for your first park and if you decide to Hop you have to get additional FP+ from a kiosk in your new park.
Previously you visited your first park and collected FP at the entrance of your chosen ride. Then if you park hop you go to the entrance of the next ride and book a FP (if there's any left).
What's the difference ?

Rob562

Can you get fast pass using the app or does it need to be at a kiosk?

Currently kiosk-only.

After you have used your three reserved fastpasses, you can visit a kiosk and obtain a 4th fastpass. When you have used the 4th, you can return to a kiosk for a 5th, and so on.

One bit of clarification: you can also get the 4th FP+ if you've used at least one of the original three and then allowed the remaining ones to expire.

And at least one thing we learned back in November: We had a group of three that had already used our pre-reserved FP+ and were being joined by a local friend with an AP who hadn't made any FP+ that day. The system wouldn't allow us to make the 4th FP+ for our friend with us. It would only allow him to try and make his initial three FP+ choices even though we only wanted to make the single one with ours.

-Rob

Last edited:

Jakester

Does this also cover days that are off-season? The dates we would be travelling next would be during the first week of February, so do those FastPasses run out even when there's less visitors than on a crowded day?
From my experience, I can about guarantee the following gone any given day: Anna&Elsa MnG, Mine Train, Test Track, Soarin, and Toy Story Mania. Everything else varies day by day. Though Ive seen days where the mountains/rockin/tower/test track/soarin maintain availability. Given how the resorts been getting record attendance its hard to guess how crowds can be. We can just hope for the best. Thats my .02

FoozieBear

Original Poster
So why the outrage ?

Currently you book 3 FP+ in advance for your first park and if you decide to Hop you have to get additional FP+ from a kiosk in your new park.
Previously you visited your first park and collected FP at the entrance of your chosen ride. Then if you park hop you go to the entrance of the next ride and book a FP (if there's any left).
What's the difference ?

The fact that you can't book FastPasses in multiple parks. With the old system, we'd collect FastPasses, return for our time and then leave the park. With the new system, CMs told us you can only use Fastpasses in ONE PARK ONLY.

sjhym333

But on the other side of that arguement, under the old system you could have FP's at 9, 11 and then 5. Under the current system you can arrange them for 9, 10 and 11 and then move on.

FoozieBear

Original Poster
But on the other side of that arguement, under the old system you could have FP's at 9, 11 and then 5. Under the current system you can arrange them for 9, 10 and 11 and then move on.

True. I still prefer the old system in which the only limit of FPs you were able to get were restricted to the amount of time between each one. We used to arrive in the parks really early to get FPs to the big rides, but now we have people booking six months in advance to ride Space Mountain at 10:00 which I think is ridiculous.

sjhym333

Actually, no one is booking six months out since the earliest windows open at 60 days out. But that aside, as someone who is local and uses FP+ all the time at the last minute (with the exception of busy holidays) I have had very little problems getting the FP's I want a day or two out or even the day of. The thought that you can't get anything at the last minute is overstated. In the past 2 weeks I have gotten 7dMT the day of my trip out to the park. Another poster reported a similar situation during Thanksgiving weekend. While the Frozen meet and greet do book up very early and are hard to get, I find that many attractions have availability at the last minute.

A CM gave me some great advice about FP+. People rush to make reservations 60-30 days out. As their trips approach things change and the either cancel or change up their plans. So that means that the FP's change on an ongoing basis. That is why I think many of us (especially locals) have found FP's for even the most popular attractions. In fact, just to do some checking I just signed onto MDE and could get FP's for both Soarin and Test Track today as well as 7DMT.

Jakester

Did you work at MK on Sunday at the kiosks? I saw someone who looked a lot like you, but not their nametag.

Anyway, I blew through eight passes in MK Sunday. It can be done.
I was not this past sunday. I am normally on the west side of the MK. I know I will be there tomorrow and at the tomorrowland location thrusday/friday. I always wear a Mickey Flag Pin ;)

Jakester

Frontier made me go home. Those ninnies. I'll find you in April lol. I have cast member finding missions. I hope you're the type of kiosk work that lets people do their thing rather than tap for them. I got this...I don't need help, really.
TBH, i ALWAYS let the folks do it on their own. I'll group/find times but usually want ya'll to not feel rushed when you come up.

Disnee4Me

So then it's... 1) Do we get to a park at rope drop and do the headliners on standby and schedule our fastpasses for a park we're hopping to later or 2) Schedule our fastpasses for early in the day and hope for the best on park 2 but pretty much know there in no chance in heck we'll get anything great.

We've done it both ways.... Still making our way thru FastPass+ paradise...o_O
I'd say do No. 1 and schedule your fast passes at another park, e.g., rope drop at MK, ride all the rides by noon, schedule your fast passes for mid-afternoon at EPCOT. This way you can enjoy the best rides in two parks without the stress!! I think that's what we are going to do our next trip, YIKES, at Christmastime ... wish me luck!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom