FastPass for Park Hopping

FoozieBear

Original Poster
Last February we visited the parks during FastPass+'s first week of testing, and we were outraged to learn that if you were park-hopping, you were only allowed to pick FPs for one park per day, so if you planned to do multiple parks...too bad. You pick one park to FastPass in, and all the others you had to wait in line.

I'm just curious if this rule has been changed? We found this to be a ridiculous rule, and we're planning to prepare in case it hasn't. Anyone know any details on this?

Thanks!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Last February we visited the parks during FastPass+'s first week of testing, and we were outraged to learn that if you were park-hopping, you were only allowed to pick FPs for one park per day, so if you planned to do multiple parks...too bad. You pick one park to FastPass in, and all the others you had to wait in line.

I'm just curious if this rule has been changed? We found this to be a ridiculous rule, and we're planning to prepare in case it hasn't. Anyone know any details on this?

Thanks!
As far as I know, this policy has not yet been changed.

Though, I wouldn't be surprised to see it change sometime this year as FP+ and MDE comes out of it's first full year of "real" operation and they start to have historical metrics from both the bands monitoring and FP+ reservations to get an idea of how much of a further allowance they can make.

FoozieBear

Original Poster
But you can get FPs in a different park once you have used your initial three. You just need to visit a kiosk to do so.

Do you mean that you can reserve only if you have used your three in each park on it's own, or the additional fourth in another park?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Do you mean that you can reserve only if you have used your three in each park on it's own, or the additional fourth in another park?
After you have used your three reserved fastpasses, you can visit a kiosk and obtain a 4th fastpass. When you have used the 4th, you can return to a kiosk for a 5th, and so on.

The park kiosks can only give you fastpasses for the park you are in. So if you have used your three at MK and want a fastpass in Epcot, you must go to Epcot and get your next fastpass at a kiosk there.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
After you have used your three reserved fastpasses, you can visit a kiosk and obtain a 4th fastpass. When you have used the 4th, you can return to a kiosk for a 5th, and so on.

The park kiosks can only give you fastpasses for the park you are in. So if you have used your three at MK and want a fastpass in Epcot, you must go to Epcot and get your next fastpass there.
Here's an offshoot of the question...

What if you make 3 advance FP+ ressies at MK, but parkhop to EPCOT mid-day (say, for lunch) and visit a kiosk...but you haven't used all three at MK yet (say, you used 2 in the morning, but have one left for the evening)...

You will NOT be able to get an EPCOT FP at the EPCOT kiosks? Is that correct?

Tuvalu

Premium Member

What if you make 3 advance FP+ ressies at MK, but parkhop to EPCOT mid-day (say, for lunch) and visit a kiosk...but you haven't used all three at MK yet (say, you used 2 in the morning, but have one left for the evening)...

That is correct.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

Correct

epcotisbest

Thanks!
Can't say I have ever been outraged at anything FP related, but at my age things tend to bother me less and I pick and choose things to worry about more carefully. Having said that, I don't care one bit for the new system, and on our trip in Sept. I did not even wear the stupid less than magic band.

FoozieBear

Original Poster
Can't say I have ever been outraged at anything FP related, but at my age things tend to bother me less and I pick and choose things to worry about more carefully. Having said that, I don't care one bit for the new system, and on our trip in Sept. I did not even wear the stupid less than magic band.

We were pretty upset because we planned our entire schedule with FastPasses, something we don't normally do, but since we had only two days in the park, we planned ahead of the day on what rides we wanted to do according to the new FastPass system, so we were pretty upset to hear that our entire plan was pointless.

epcotisbest

We were pretty upset because we planned our entire schedule with FastPasses, something we don't normally do, but since we had only two days in the park, we planned ahead of the day on what rides we wanted to do according to the new FastPass system, so we were pretty upset to hear that our entire plan was pointless.
Understandable.

Jakester

Don't come to the kiosks and expect everything you want available. Trust me, a majority of days most of the big hits are gone. I am a Kiosk CM and this is something you all should keep in mind. There have been days where I am at Epcot and am at the kiosk PRIOR to OPENING and there are STILL NO SOARIN/TestTrack available, or at MK and by 10:00a/11:00a return times for the mountains are all evening times(if there at all). Hope this helps whomever reads.

Sage of Time

Don't come to the kiosks and expect everything you want available. Trust me, a majority of days most of the big hits are gone. I am a Kiosk CM and this is something you all should keep in mind. There have been days where I am at Epcot and am at the kiosk PRIOR to OPENING and there are STILL NO SOARIN/TestTrack available, or at MK and by 10:00a/11:00a return times for the mountains are all evening times(if there at all). Hope this helps whomever reads.
And to think that all of these headaches could be solved with added capacity, like in Disneyland....

MissingDisney

So then it's... 1) Do we get to a park at rope drop and do the headliners on standby and schedule our fastpasses for a park we're hopping to later or 2) Schedule our fastpasses for early in the day and hope for the best on park 2 but pretty much know there in no chance in heck we'll get anything great.

We've done it both ways.... Still making our way thru FastPass+ paradise...o_O

epcotisbest

So then it's... 1) Do we get to a park at rope drop and do the headliners on standby and schedule our fastpasses for a park we're hopping to later or 2) Schedule our fastpasses for early in the day and hope for the best on park 2 but pretty much know there in no chance in heck we'll get anything great.

We've done it both ways.... Still making our way thru FastPass+ paradise...o_O
Or 3. Don't park hop. We quit hopping years ago and slowed down enjoying whatever park we are at that day. Honestly, slowing down and quitting hopping is the best thing we have ever done as far as our visits to WDW goes. Now, we go often, and for a week at a time, so that makes it easier to slow down and enjoy the little things. This past Sept. We did not make a single FP or ADR, did not park hop and still had a great time.

FoozieBear

Original Poster
Or 3. Don't park hop. We quit hopping years ago and slowed down enjoying whatever park we are at that day. Honestly, slowing down and quitting hopping is the best thing we have ever done as far as our visits to WDW goes. Now, we go often, and for a week at a time, so that makes it easier to slow down and enjoy the little things. This past Sept. We did not make a single FP or ADR, did not park hop and still had a great time.

I would normally say I agree very much to this comment, but sadly we only have one or two days to visit the Disney parks, so hopping would be necessary to cover them all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom