Fastpass for Festival of Lion King?

Ade

We've never been to AK. My travel agent said to definitely get a fastpass for Festival of the Lion King but everything else I've read says it's not necessary. She said you may not get in at all if we don't have one. We're going the first week of August. Thoughts from those that have been? Thanks!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
To guarantee seating, you will need to get a fastpass.

To have a really, really good chance of getting a seat, you will need to arrive well before show time. We try to get there no less than 1/2 an hour before show time. Given the time of year you are traveling, you might want to stretch that to 45 minutes.

Upvote 0

belledream

I would get one, especially in August. We've gone during slow season and have seen the theaters fill up well before showtime. Maybe you can get it as your 4th FP, and if you choose to do standby, attempt to do so at one of the earlier showings so you can catch later ones if you don't get in.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I'd get a FP+, unless you can be there 30+ minutes early, or can see the very first show of the day.

FWIW, I'm a theatre buff and have seen many wonderful professional productions in New York City, Toronto, etc. Nonetheless, FOTLK remains one of the most impressive and exciting live shows I've ever seen. I think FOTLK is the best show in all of WDW, with Finding Nemo (also at AK) a close second.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ginadee

FOTLK is my favorite. I got fastpass for that one time and it was the worst seat Ive had. Ive always sat pretty close up. With fastpass I didnt think we had to be there early. We walked in and had to sit up top in the last rows. I was so disappointed.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom