FastPass+ experience group tiers changing for Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios

TinkerFairy1

I reserve fast passes for rides that always have long wait times. We don't get to go very often, and our most recent trip fell before the tier system. It is kind of unfortunate that rides like TSMM and RnR are in the first tier for DHS, I have a feeling we will have to give up one of these rides on our next trip.

Gomer

Probably a precursor to Maelstrom going down for the Frozen changes as well as the need to have one Tier 1 ride option acceptable for guests with small children. But this might actually make the lines easier at LwtL. I was shocked how long the waits were for that ride on my last trip. It’s one of my son’s favorites so we do it 5 or 6 times a trip, and the backups due to FP+ actually made it so we needed to use FP+ which I’m sure only perpetuated the problem. Maybe this way waits will stay around 10-15 minutes off peak and peak at 20-25 like they used to pre FP+.

cw1982

LWTL was never more than a 15 minute wait when we were there last week that I noticed. I actually think the line may jump for that one now if Soarin and TT are both out of passes so people start picking that one as their backup option.

We used our tier 2 at HS for ToT and Star Tours. Those were easily the two busiest tier two rides with the longest waits while we were there.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I reserve fast passes for rides that always have long wait times. We don't get to go very often, and our most recent trip fell before the tier system. It is kind of unfortunate that rides like TSMM and RnR are in the first tier for DHS, I have a feeling we will have to give up one of these rides on our next trip.
You can easily do both but have to hit rope drop still.

mweier

total win moving Maelstrom - always bugged me that it was Tier 1 as it was one of the key choices for pick 2 or 3 (more than EO or JIF). In fact, I'll go switch that right now!

We never usually pick LWTL since we usually squeeze it in right after/before our Soarin' FP+

JohnD

My hunch is that many probably did FP for Soarin and Living with the Land back-to-back. For example, in April, I had Soarin 10:00-11:00 and Living with the Land 11:00-12:00. We boarded Soarin 10:30 or so. By the time we were done, we were able to scan our bands for Living with the Land at 10:55 (you're allowed on five minutes prior to your scheduled time).

With them both in the same tier, you can no longer do that. But who's going to choose LwtL over Soarin, unless you're in Epcot over two days.

ParentsOf4

tier 1 for great movie ride? They should close or nah!
Welcome to WDWMagic.com! :)

I suspect there's a segment of WDW visitors who, because of physical concerns, cannot experience heavy motion rides such as RnRC, Star Tours, Tower of Terror, or even Toy Story Mania (which does a lot of spinning).

Putting The Great Movie Ride into Tier 1 gives those folks a daytime option other than Beauty and the Beast (which typically does not need FP+).

cw1982

I wonder if this will make Star Tours & Tower of Terror fp+ extremely hard to get...

I kinda doubt it, at least for ToT. ToT has a height requirement, so some families won't ride it if not everyone can get on. Star Tours might be more in demand now, or maybe not... somehow I think that those who would have used a tier 2 for TGMR would be more likely to use it for Muppets and the shows than they would for ToT or Star Tours, but that's just my hunch.

Welcome to WDWMagic.com! :)

I suspect there's a segment of WDW visitors who, because of physical concerns, cannot experience heavy motion rides such as RnRC, Star Tours, Tower of Terror, or even Toy Story Mania (which does a lot of spinning).

Putting The Great Movie Ride into Tier 1 gives those folks a daytime option other than Beauty and the Beast (which typically does not need FP+).

This, plus, TSMM is the only ride on the Tier 1 list that just about anyone can ride (height wise). Putting TGMR in that list adds one more non-show option for those with smaller children.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom