FastPass+ during 24 hour event

SMJ0724

Original Poster
Hey everyone!

My family and I will be visiting Walt Disney World May 21 - 27, so we will be there during the 24 hour event in the Magic Kingdom.

Does anyone know from last year how FastPass+ reservations are handled during this event? I know FastPass+ is not available during Extra Magic Hours, but since the 24 hour event is not a resort guest only thing, I don't know what to expect.

We book our FastPass+ on Sunday, so any help you could offer would be appreciated!

cspencer96

Hey everyone!

My family and I will be visiting Walt Disney World May 21 - 27, so we will be there during the 24 hour event in the Magic Kingdom.

Does anyone know from last year how FastPass+ reservations are handled during this event? I know FastPass+ is not available during Extra Magic Hours, but since the 24 hour event is not a resort guest only thing, I don't know what to expect.

We book our FastPass+ on Sunday, so any help you could offer would be appreciated!
They are handled the same way as they usually are. Only difference being that your FastPass+ time will be date specific if you have selections for the 6 hours the park is open after midnight, which last year showed up strangely in the app but a CM friend of mine in MyMagic+ support says that has been fixed for this year.

Last year, we went with a strategy of booking FastPass+ for the three mountains spread from mid morning until early afternoon. This gave us a chance to arrive at the park at opening, and not waste our FP+ early in the day. After we used our selections and had lunch, we made another selection at a kiosk for a little later and then took a break in the afternoon and just enjoyed things around the park we don't normally take time to enjoy. Gardens, Tom Sawyer Island, admiring art and detail, etc. After parades and Wishes, a lull started in the crowds and we continued to book FP+ using the kiosks all night with great success on attractions like Jungle Cruise, and Splash Mountain when it became late. Early in the morning the selections were all gone, so we just winged it on standby and still got to experience a lot.

SMJ0724

Original Poster
They are handled the same way as they usually are. Only difference being that your FastPass+ time will be date specific if you have selections for the 6 hours the park is open after midnight, which last year showed up strangely in the app but a CM friend of mine in MyMagic+ support says that has been fixed for this year.

Last year, we went with a strategy of booking FastPass+ for the three mountains spread from mid morning until early afternoon. This gave us a chance to arrive at the park at opening, and not waste our FP+ early in the day. After we used our selections and had lunch, we made another selection at a kiosk for a little later and then took a break in the afternoon and just enjoyed things around the park we don't normally take time to enjoy. Gardens, Tom Sawyer Island, admiring art and detail, etc. After parades and Wishes, a lull started in the crowds and we continued to book FP+ using the kiosks all night with great success on attractions like Jungle Cruise, and Splash Mountain when it became late. Early in the morning the selections were all gone, so we just winged it on standby and still got to experience a lot.
Awesome! Thats what I was hoping for. Thanks so much!

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
That's not correct. MDX recegnizes a "day" as when a park opens and closes, it has absolutely nothing to do with midnight. If you have a FP+ for 3AM on the 23rd, that will count as a FP for the 22nd and you'll be able to get new FPs for the 23rd when parks open that morning.

Edit: Maybe that's what you're saying and I'm reading it wrong?

cspencer96

That's not correct. MDX recegnizes a "day" as when a park opens and closes, it has absolutely nothing to do with midnight. If you have a FP+ for 3AM on the 23rd, that will count as a FP for the 22nd and you'll be able to get new FPs for the 23rd when parks open that morning.

Edit: Maybe that's what you're saying and I'm reading it wrong?
That's exactly what I'm saying. Last year, though, the app would show FastPass times as (example) 11am, 2pm, and 4am, some people getting date markers and some not. Well, obviously the 2am one is on a different date, but some thought it was either eating into their next day's selections (because it would show up in My Plans as part of the next day's plans, because it was on the next calendar day) or it was a glitch and should have said PM and they'd be able to make more for the after midnight period. More people than usual being in the park for longer meant that some people thought that the park being open longer should mean more FP+, which wasn't the case and won't be this year unless they say otherwise, and many were haggling Guest Relations CMs and the MyMagic+ support CMs about why they couldn't book more than 3 since it was open for "two days" - really only one day as far as MDX is concerned.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
That's exactly what I'm saying. Last year, though, the app would show FastPass times as (example) 11am, 2pm, and 4am, some people getting date markers and some not. Well, obviously the 2am one is on a different date, but some thought it was either eating into their next day's selections (because it would show up in My Plans as part of the next day's plans, because it was on the next calendar day) or it was a glitch and should have said PM and they'd be able to make more for the after midnight period. More people than usual being in the park for longer meant that some people thought that the park being open longer should mean more FP+, which wasn't the case and won't be this year unless they say otherwise, and many were haggling Guest Relations CMs and the MyMagic+ support CMs about why they couldn't book more than 3 since it was open for "two days" - really only one day as far as MDX is concerned.
Cheers. I'll make a note not to test my reading comprehension until after my first coffee from now on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom