Fastpass+ Customizations

Clancy Wiggum

Original Poster
There are two things I can't seem to figure out how to do with my FP+ reservations. I wonder if anyone can help.

I can't seem to find a way to request a time and see what is available. I can see how to change an existing reservation to another ride/attraction within the same time window. I can see how to request a new time window with the same ride/attraction. But I can't seem to figure out how to say (for example), I will be in the MK and want a FP+ reservation from 6-7 pm, then query the system as to what is available.

The other issue is that there are some FP+ reservations the system gave me that I know I won't use. I just don't even want 3 of them on a specific day. I don't want to consume a time slot that I don't want and someone else might want. But I can't cancel individual FP+ reservations, I can only cancel all 3. If I just select one FP+ reservation when setting up the day, the system gives me 3 anyways.

G00fyDad

You cannot look up times for FP's that way. You have to choose the 3 attractions you want and it will give you four time options to choose from.

The system shouldn't be giving you attractions. You should be able to pick those out yourself.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You cannot look up times for FP's that way. You have to choose the 3 attractions you want and it will give you four time options to choose from.

The system shouldn't be giving you attractions. You should be able to pick those out yourself.

Really,

This is one of the things MagicMinus was DESIGNED to do, ie pre-select attractions for you if you don't like them TOUGH Ride Standby instead, My(Bad)DisneyExperience is designed as a load leveling application and to do that it needs to route guests AWAY from headliners to lesser utilized attractions like PoTC and shows and parades. You will tour the parks the way Disney Execs want you to and LIKE IT.

The Bravo Sierra about being able to get a FP- for the mountains while sleeping in is simply marketing spin, Now getting the mountains after MagicMinus goes full production is going to be a "LeCellier" experience you might pull it off every 3-4 trips.

But Disney will ENSURE that FIRST TIME VISITORS will get to ride all three and probably more than once in a trip, When and if they bounce back they will be in for a BIG surprise.

OswaldTheRabbit

There are two things I can't seem to figure out how to do with my FP+ reservations. I wonder if anyone can help.

I can't seem to find a way to request a time and see what is available. I can see how to change an existing reservation to another ride/attraction within the same time window. I can see how to request a new time window with the same ride/attraction. But I can't seem to figure out how to say (for example), I will be in the MK and want a FP+ reservation from 6-7 pm, then query the system as to what is available.

The other issue is that there are some FP+ reservations the system gave me that I know I won't use. I just don't even want 3 of them on a specific day. I don't want to consume a time slot that I don't want and someone else might want. But I can't cancel individual FP+ reservations, I can only cancel all 3. If I just select one FP+ reservation when setting up the day, the system gives me 3 anyways.
You are correct. You can't do either. Irate that you can't change attractions and time! I had to go in and erase the whole day to change from safari to FoTLK because it was both a time and experience change. Grrrrrr

And yes it fills in if you don't select 3. Grrr again....

G00fyDad

Really,

This is one of the things MagicMinus was DESIGNED to do, ie pre-select attractions for you if you don't like them TOUGH Ride Standby instead, My(Bad)DisneyExperience is designed as a load leveling application and to do that it needs to route guests AWAY from headliners to lesser utilized attractions like PoTC and shows and parades. You will tour the parks the way Disney Execs want you to and LIKE IT.

The Bravo Sierra about being able to get a FP- for the mountains while sleeping in is simply marketing spin, Now getting the mountains after MagicMinus goes full production is going to be a "LeCellier" experience you might pull it off every 3-4 trips.

But Disney will ENSURE that FIRST TIME VISITORS will get to ride all three and probably more than once in a trip, When and if they bounce back they will be in for a BIG surprise.

I think you misunderstood my post. I like the MyMagic+ system. The system does not preselect the FPs for you if you select a full 3 FPs. MyDisneyExperience is designed for those of us that appreciate this sort of thing, and can see forward enough to realize that it will be beneficial to most guests and to Disney. My FP+ selections included all three mountains if I chose to do so (and I chose NOT to) starting at 9:00 AM each day. It does not force you to take lesser attractions in lieu of major attractions. And yes, there is no BS about sleeping in and still getting to the mountains later in the day. I could have chosen a 3:00 PM or later FP+ for the mountains if I wanted. I chose to go earlier. I really cannot stand the blind hatred for this system. Every person that hates the system typically regurgitates that same BS falsehoods about the system. Honestly, using terms like FP- and MyMagicMinus really only shows pettiness. If you don't like it, don't use it.

ParentsOf4

My FP+ selections included all three mountains if I chose to do so (and I chose NOT to) starting at 9:00 AM each day. It does not force you to take lesser attractions in lieu of major attractions. ... I really cannot stand the blind hatred for this system.
The simple truth is that WDW has a capacity issue that FP+ does nothing to solve. Today, it is possible to book pretty much any FP+ experience because so few are using it. Once FP+ goes live to all guests (both onsite and offsite), it will become nearly impossible to get any of the mountains unless you are willing to book months in advance.

My dislike for FP+ is no different than my dislike for Disney's Advanced Dining Reservation (ADR). I strongly dislike having to decide in advance where I think I might want to eat 6 months from now. Yet if I don't, it's highly likely that my dining selections will be limited to secondary restaurants and secondary times-of-day. A 3:30 PM "lunch" at Le Cellier doesn't sound particularly appealing to me. Neither does an 8:30 PM FP+ selection for Soarin'.

What Disney is doing with FP+ is forcing "guests" to preplan their entire WDW vacations as early as possible. This is intentional because this benefits Disney. As Rasulo so bluntly put it, "So if we can get people to plan their vacation before they leave home, we know that we get more time with them. We get a bigger share of their wallet." It's nice to know I'm thought of as a wallet. :mad:

This greatly benefits Disney but makes WDW vacations more of a hassle for most guests. Seriously, 60 days before I arrive, I have to decide what time of day I want to ride Space Mountain? Disney wants to encourage this overplanning mentality because it financially benefits Disney, not because it benefits its "guests".

Compare that to Universal where few even know that restaurants can be booked in advance. At Universal, I can pretty much get whatever reservation I want in the morning after I enter the gate. In addition, as an onsite guest at Universal, I can use whatever Express Pass entrance I want when I want it. That's a vacation.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I think you misunderstood my post. I like the MyMagic+ system. The system does not preselect the FPs for you if you select a full 3 FPs. MyDisneyExperience is designed for those of us that appreciate this sort of thing, and can see forward enough to realize that it will be beneficial to most guests and to Disney. My FP+ selections included all three mountains if I chose to do so (and I chose NOT to) starting at 9:00 AM each day. It does not force you to take lesser attractions in lieu of major attractions. And yes, there is no BS about sleeping in and still getting to the mountains later in the day. I could have chosen a 3:00 PM or later FP+ for the mountains if I wanted. I chose to go earlier. I really cannot stand the blind hatred for this system. Every person that hates the system typically regurgitates that same BS falsehoods about the system. Honestly, using terms like FP- and MyMagicMinus really only shows pettiness. If you don't like it, don't use it.

For NOW it does, Recall the INITIAL tests SELECTED ALL THE ATTRACTIONS FOR YOU and you did not HAVE a choice other than the time window. I don't intend to use My(BAD)DisneyExperience and it's evil stepchildren MagicMinus and FastpassMinus and will probably be selling my DVC because of it as well and I've got 400 BLT points which I can make a small profit on at todays resale rates.

Yeah new system is really enhancing my vacation experience.

G00fyDad

For NOW it does, Recall the INITIAL tests SELECTED ALL THE ATTRACTIONS FOR YOU and you did not HAVE a choice other than the time window. I don't intend to use My(BAD)DisneyExperience and it's evil stepchildren MagicMinus and FastpassMinus and will probably be selling my DVC because of it as well and I've got 400 BLT points which I can make a small profit on at todays resale rates.

Yeah new system is really enhancing my vacation experience.

Yes. I did have a choice. I could choose one of four options, and all of them were spread out over the entire day. I had choices for all three mountains that I could have had anywhere from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. If you didn't have those options (and I am sure you would have) then too bad for you. But stop being petty and narcissistic about a system that far too many people are enjoying. If you don't like it then go to Universal. :rolleyes:

G00fyDad

The simple truth is that WDW has a capacity issue that FP+ does nothing to solve. Today, it is possible to book pretty much any FP+ experience because so few are using it. Once FP+ goes live to all guests (both onsite and offsite), it will become nearly impossible to get any of the mountains unless you are willing to book months in advance.

I am willing to. As are many others.

G00fyDad

Then enjoy your corporate lockstep vacation - personally I live by schedules, smartphones and hard deadlines all year and go on vacation to get away from the rat race

Thanks. I will. Especially since it only involves the first three hours of my first four days. The others I could live without. You have fun too. ;)

ParentsOf4

I am willing to. As are many others.
Then FP+ is great for you since you like to preplan your vacation months in advance. Recent FP+ testing showed that only about 30% of those who volunteered to participate actually booked their FP+ selections before arrival. That doesn't even include those who opted out of FP+. Those results clearly demonstrate that, left to their own devices, most don't want to plan every moment of their vacations months in advance. That won't do and Disney will go out of its way to turn us all into uber planners because it financially benefits Disney, not because it's better for the majority of its "guests".

Earlier you wrote "I really cannot stand the blind hatred for this system." I answered this question from my perspective. As @ford91exploder suggested, a vacation is supposed to be a vacation, not a continuation of an already hectic home and work life dominated by technology.

Many go on vacation to relax. As you wrote earlier, "And yes, there is no BS about sleeping in and still getting to the mountains later in the day." I get exactly that at Universal today and I don't have to preplan a thing. Oh, and they are adding tremendous new attractions at a blistering pace.

And I love my Universal $160 annual pass renewal, which costs me less than 2 days at WDW.

There's a reason my WDW vacations have tapered off while my Universal vacations have increased.

Universal gets it; Disney does not.

G00fyDad

Then FP+ is great for you since you like to preplan your vacation months in advance. Recent FP+ testing showed that only about 30% of those who volunteered to participate actually booked their FP+ selections before arrival. That doesn't even include those who opted out of FP+. Those results clearly demonstrate that, left to their own devices, most don't want to plan every moment of their vacations months in advance. That won't do and Disney will go out of its way to turn us all into uber planners because it financially benefits Disney, not because it's better for the majority of its "guests".

Earlier you wrote "I really cannot stand the blind hatred for this system." I answered this question from my perspective. As @ford91exploder suggested, a vacation is supposed to be a vacation, not a continuation of an already hectic home and work life dominated by technology.

Many go on vacation to relax. As you wrote earlier, "And yes, there is no BS about sleeping in and still getting to the mountains later in the day." I get exactly that at Universal today and I don't have to preplan a thing. Oh, and they are adding tremendous new attractions at a blistering pace.

And I love my Universal $160 annual pass renewal, which costs me less than 2 days at WDW.

There's a reason my WDW vacations have tapered off while my Universal vacations have increased.

Universal gets it; Disney does not.

To each their own. ;)

agorna

after you choose your attractions and one of the four time options they automatically generate for you, you can go back in and edit a single attraction and change it's time.. when you select that option you are given a wide range of fastpass times... it's a bit of a hassle but you can def customize your times :)

Longers

I am staying on Disney but my brother is not. Does anyone know of you can do fast pass plus if you are not on Disney property? I guess not as how would Disney know what time he would have? If anyone knows I would be grateful for an answer - thanks

agorna

I am staying on Disney but my brother is not. Does anyone know of you can do fast pass plus if you are not on Disney property? I guess not as how would Disney know what time he would have? If anyone knows I would be grateful for an answer - thanks
unfortunately fastpass plus is still in testing phase and is only being offered to People staying at certain testing resorts...almost all resorts are included now but people staying off grounds are not included in the tests

GoofGoof

Premium Member

I know what you mean. If I want to go to AK and only need a FP for Safari I should be able to just pick one for that day. The max should be 3 but there really shouldn't be a minimum. Maybe once they roll out the system full time this will change. I ended up making reservations for rides I probably won't need. This isn't really a big issue, more of a technicality. This won't be an issue in 2020 when we have new lands in DHS and AK;).

I also agree that it would be nice to have a way to see all available FP+ reservations for a given time slot. That would be a nice enhancement for them to add.
Really,

I think you misunderstood what he was talking about. The system will select the 3 experiences for you if you want. There is a button that offers you this. Aside from selecting that option there are currently no restrictions on which rides or experiences you can pick. You just have to select 3 and then you can edit both times and experiences. There was some speculation that the system may have ride tiers where you wouldn't be able to select 3 headliners but so far that is not how it works. Lots of rumors and theories were thrown out there as fact before this went live and some were correct while others were way off base. There is no guarantee that this won't change and they won't implement some type of tiered system, but it isn't working that way currently.

As far as booking all 3 mountains and sleeping in, I think it will be doable just like ADRs. Someone will get the FP+ reservations for the mountains (actually a whole bunch of someones since they are relatively high capacity). Right now since a majority of guests aren't really fully into the system it's possible to get what you want. Once this goes full live I think it will be possible to get mostly what you want, but you will need to book at 60 days out just like the 180 days for ADRs. If you show up at MK with no reservations you are getting 2 spinners and a meet and greet. I'm not saying I like it, but I'm going to do it. I don't think Disney will use this system in a punitive way. That just doesn't seem like a smart business decision.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I know what you mean. If I want to go to AK and only need a FP for Safari I should be able to just pick one for that day. The max should be 3 but there really shouldn't be a minimum. Maybe once they roll out the system full time this will change. I ended up making reservations for rides I probably won't need. This isn't really a big issue, more of a technicality. This won't be an issue in 2020 when we have new lands in DHS and AK;).

I also agree that it would be nice to have a way to see all available FP+ reservations for a given time slot. That would be a nice enhancement for them to add.

I think you misunderstood what he was talking about. The system will select the 3 experiences for you if you want. There is a button that offers you this. Aside from selecting that option there are currently no restrictions on which rides or experiences you can pick. You just have to select 3 and then you can edit both times and experiences. There was some speculation that the system may have ride tiers where you wouldn't be able to select 3 headliners but so far that is not how it works. Lots of rumors and theories were thrown out there as fact before this went live and some were correct while others were way off base. There is no guarantee that this won't change and they won't implement some type of tiered system, but it isn't working that way currently.

As far as booking all 3 mountains and sleeping in, I think it will be doable just like ADRs. Someone will get the FP+ reservations for the mountains (actually a whole bunch of someones since they are relatively high capacity). Right now since a majority of guests aren't really fully into the system it's possible to get what you want. Once this goes full live I think it will be possible to get mostly what you want, but you will need to book at 60 days out just like the 180 days for ADRs. If you show up at MK with no reservations you are getting 2 spinners and a meet and greet. I'm not saying I like it, but I'm going to do it. I don't think Disney will use this system in a punitive way. That just doesn't seem like a smart business decision.

What makes it punitive?, It's simply being used in the manner which benefits DISNEY the most, ie redirect guests to lesser used rides. And it's a simple change to the website to bury the ability to manually select attractions and make the 'Mouse Chooses' button front and center.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

My dislike for FP+ is no different than my dislike for Disney's Advanced Dining Reservation (ADR). I strongly dislike having to decide in advance where I think I might want to eat 6 months from now. Yet if I don't, it's highly likely that my dining selections will be limited to secondary restaurants and secondary times-of-day. A 3:30 PM "lunch" at Le Cellier doesn't sound particularly appealing to me. Neither does an 8:30 PM FP+ selection for Soarin'.

What Disney is doing with FP+ is forcing "guests" to preplan their entire WDW vacations as early as possible. This is intentional because this benefits Disney. As Rasulo so bluntly put it, "So if we can get people to plan their vacation before they leave home, we know that we get more time with them. We get a bigger share of their wallet." It's nice to know I'm thought of as a wallet. :mad:

This greatly benefits Disney but makes WDW vacations more of a hassle for most guests. Seriously, 60 days before I arrive, I have to decide what time of day I want to ride Space Mountain? Disney wants to encourage this overplanning mentality because it financially benefits Disney, not because it benefits its "guests".

Compare that to Universal where few even know that restaurants can be booked in advance. At Universal, I can pretty much get whatever reservation I want in the morning after I enter the gate. In addition, as an onsite guest at Universal, I can use whatever Express Pass entrance I want when I want it. That's a vacation.

I think the part I like least about the FP- testing is the mendacity with which it was conducted, It would have been far better to have artificially constrained availability of headliners IF TDO had been looking for honest feedback on how people liked the system, Instead TDO wanted to buy positive feedback for the system.

I expect once fully operational FP- is going to be a PR nightmare when people CANNOT secure FP- slots on the headliners unless they book at 0600 60 days out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom