Fast passes for those staying on site ONLY?

merry68

First, Uni got EP.

Disney said, "Hey! Cool idea! Let's do that, too!" and came out with FP.

Then, Uni came up with a FOTL program, ripped out the EP machines and increased hotel occupancy.

Now, Disney is rolling out their souped-up FP program. We will all have to wait and see what happens next.

Umm,, this.

And it's the wait and see portion we are currently ALL stuck in, and not real thrilled about.

Let's hope they aren't looking down the street at Uni like I fear they've been doing. TDO probably sent employees in to Uni to see how their EP works.

merry68

Yes. Anything could happen.

Robin Williams could possibly dance the watutsi down Main Street while an asteroid could possibly wipe out all life as we know it on Earth.

As for Disney making FP+ an "on property exclusive?" No, Wont happen. Too much backlash.

The alleged "News Outlet?" Your first mistake is calling them a news outlet. I work in the news and lady, I've never seen them out at any of the things I've covered. Even as far as Disney News goes, I've never heard of them before today. I know (or know of) most of the Disney bloggers that live locally and cover the ins-and-outs of the resort on a day-to-day basis. Of course, very few actually report Disney news (like that mears bus crash, the kid that fell at AKL yesterday or even a critical analysis of attendance) and instead are there for the free goodie bag.

So when the Associated Press, Orlando Sentinel or any of the countless TV stations try and report this with a sourced, factual report, then I might look at that.

Otherwise, your first mistake was actually considering them a reputable news outlet.

Wait, mommy type bloggers aren't news outlets/journalists?

Wow, mind blown.

And let's be honest, we ALL know the Bus Drivers have the most accurate info! ;-)

luv

Umm,, this.

And it's the wait and see portion we are currently ALL stuck in, and not real thrilled about.

Let's hope they aren't looking down the street at Uni like I fear they've been doing. TDO probably sent employees in to Uni to see how their EP works.
I think they've been looking down the street, too. I think they're going to pull the paper FP machines. They're going to give the program to on-site guests for free. People in better hotels will get better perks. People offsite will get nothing.

If they're lucky, offsite guests will be able to buy into the FP thing.

I think this because...
1. Disney copies Uni. We've seen this time after time.
2. Disney hasn't "tested" this with offsite guests.

That's my prediction. Other people with better inside sources have different predictions. They certainly know more than I do. But in my heart of hearts, I think they're wrong. I hope not, though! I would love to be wrong and will be so delighted if I am. :)

If anyone wants to know real information, of course, I am not the person who has any, lol! I'm just talking out of my hat. :)

ddrongowski

I think they've been looking down the street, too. I think they're going to pull the paper FP machines. They're going to give the program to on-site guests for free. People in better hotels will get better perks. People offsite will get nothing.

I think this because...

That's my prediction. Other people with better inside sources have different predictions. They certainly know more than I do. But in my heart of hearts, I think they're wrong. I hope not, though! I would love to be wrong and will be so delighted if I am. :)

If anyone wants to know real information, of course, I am not the person who has any, lol! I'm just talking out of my hat. :)
So what are... you trying to say?:cautious:

MickeyPeace

Original Poster
Wait, mommy type bloggers aren't news outlets/journalists?

Wow, mind blown.

And let's be honest, we ALL know the Bus Drivers have the most accurate info! ;-)
It's odd that they're called mommy bloggers. Last time I checked most of them are straight couples without kids. Interesting phenomenon.

Lucky

My guess is they wait a while before they use the new system to distinguish among types of guests. They don't want the introduction of FastPass+/MagicBands to be too closely associated with unequal treatment of guests.

Then once it's firmly established & the bugs are all worked out, they'll introduce "bonus" FastPasses, maybe 1 extra for staying at a value, 2 for mod, 3 for deluxe. And maybe use bonus FastPasses in promos too. They'll say you're not losing anything by staying off property, you're just not getting the bonuses. By waiting a decent interval before introducing these bonuses, complaints about inequality won't be considered as criticism of FastPass+ itself.

Repeat: this is all just a guess.

jkl2000

My guess is they wait a while before they use the new system to distinguish among types of guests. They don't want the introduction of FastPass+/MagicBands to be too closely associated with unequal treatment of guests.

Then once it's firmly established & the bugs are all worked out, they'll introduce "bonus" FastPasses, maybe 1 extra for staying at a value, 2 for mod, 3 for deluxe. And maybe use bonus FastPasses in promos too. They'll say you're not losing anything by staying off property, you're just not getting the bonuses.

Then they'll roll out "Comfort FastPass," where you pay extra to not experience a powerful electric shock when utilizing Fastpass.

jkl2000

Earlier this summer, I wanted to take my son to Six Flags Great Adventure. I took one look at the pricing on the website and dropped the idea. Not because of the overall cost to me, I was just disgusted by how they work the pricing now - I remember when Pay One Price was a new concept there:

Daily Ticket: $40.99

Add Ons:
Flash Pass: $50 (Spend less time standing in line! Your reservation time will be equal to the current wait time!)
Gold Flash Pass: $85 (50% FASTER! Your reservation reduces wait time by 50%.)
Platinum Flash Pass: $125 (90% FASTER! Your reservation reduces wait time by 90%. And ride TWICE IN A ROW without leaving your seat!)

Not only do I not want to go there without a Platinum Flash Pass, I also don't want to be the guy who goes there and DOES have a Platinum Flash Pass. Just as my kids have reached the age where they want to go to this place (well one now, one in a few years), they've lost me as a customer. If they had just listed one price of, say, $100 I wouldn't have hesitated.

LucyK

Don't hate me but I quite agree with FP+ being a perk for those staying on-site and sold separately for other guests. EMH is a bust, specially evening EMH; there's a lot of people trying to scam the system or filling up the streets and shops so you can't really enjoy your extra hours.

We're paying almost double what a off-site guest pays daily, we should get a cool bonus.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Don't hate me but I quite agree with FP+ being a perk for those staying on-site and sold separately for other guests. EMH is a bust, specially evening EMH; there's a lot of people trying to scam the system or filling up the streets and shops so you can't really enjoy your extra hours.

We're paying almost double what a off-site guest pays daily, we should get a cool bonus.
I agree with you.If they remove EMH then that is a big perk of staying onsite and would probably impact my choice of resort for my next trip.

Lucky

I just noticed the huge rate increases for WDW resort rooms for 2014. If occupancy is already low (as some insiders say) I don't see how they can eliminate any perks for staying on site. They'll have to keep discounting heavily, & maybe supplement that with FastPass+ goodies.

DisneyMania923

If you are talking about fastpass plus yes. You will need to be in disney property so you use the mymagic+. If you are talking about fastpass if i remember correctly as of last week you need a pass of some kind

dadddio

I think this because...

I don't think that we have to rely on people's mysterious (and largely imaginary) inside sources for this one. The company has specifically stated that it will be available to all guests.

dadddio

I just noticed the huge rate increases for WDW resort rooms for 2014. If occupancy is already low (as some insiders say) I don't see how they can eliminate any perks for staying on site. They'll have to keep discounting heavily, & maybe supplement that with FastPass+ goodies.
That's one theory. Here's another: Perhaps those 'insiders' aren't really insiders. This is the internet, after all.

docdebbi

i would be OK with FP+ as an onsite perk replacing EMH, if and only if, they improve the offerings over what I was just offered.
i religiously avoid the parks that have EMH that day because of the increased crowds, so losing EMH would not be a big deal to me personally, although i understand that it is to other folks.
but if it was replaced with our ability to book multiple FP+ and do it before off-site folks, THAT is a perk.

however, not with what i have been offered making my FP+ choices for oct. i cannot get times I like, and attractions I want. and i started at 60 days out. obviously they don't release all of them right away, so i keep checking, but nothing is changing.
i can't get passes for the rides i want at the times i want in any park. have had to completely re-do my schedule to fit these in.
the worst is DHS, i can't get any valuable passes for our two little kids who don't meet height for things like RNR and ToT. they offer me FP for Lights, Motors, Action and Muppetvision and BaTB- never had trouble getting in to these any time, so don't really help me at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom