Fast Pass With Media Passes

Yodasnuggs

Original Poster
Hi all,

My husband and I are traveling to WDW next week with another couple. We are on a regular package with magic bands, but the other couple will be using media passes for one day and buying a one day ticket for the other day.

Is anyone familiar with how media passes work? Obviously I am unable to book Fast Passes ahead of time for them, but is there an in-park option once they have obtained the pass?

Additionally, as mentioned, for the second day they will be purchasing one day tickets, at this point I assume as we enter the park since I don't think they've done so yet and we leave in a week. If I am understanding the system correctly, once inside the park they have the option of purchasing a magic band and then linking it to their "paper" ticket, is that correct? Is that the only way they would be able to obtain Fast Passes for that day?

Thanks in advance for any help. This is my first trip using the magic bands, so I'm already a little confused, and not being able to link them is stressing me out a bit!

I am not sure how the media passes work specifically, but I know that when you have a pass of that nature you typically switch it out at the ticket booth for a standard one (or multi) day hard plastic ticket. Once you have that, you can link it to a My Disney Experience account and set up fast passes, or you can go to one of the in park MM+ booths to pick fast passes for that day. You do not need a Magic Band to book FP+ as your physical ticket works just the same as a MB, though you can buy one if you want.

There is a MM+ Fast Pass booth right near most entrances to all the parks. A CM there will help you get your entire party fast passes :)

dreamfinder

If they are definitely going to purchase single day passes, I might suggest they buy them now online. That way they can set up MDE accounts and book FP in advance for at least that one day.

Yodasnuggs

Original Poster
Thank you both for your replies, I think I understand the process now.

I really wish they would have purchased their one day passes ahead of time but they haven't done so yet, and we fly out a week from today so I don't think they want to take the chance that the tickets may not arrive in time.

dreamfinder

Thank you both for your replies, I think I understand the process now.

I really wish they would have purchased their one day passes ahead of time but they haven't done so yet, and we fly out a week from today so I don't think they want to take the chance that the tickets may not arrive in time.

Buy them online and have them do will call. They would need to stop at a window on property either way, so a few minutes online now lets them book FP in advance.

Yodasnuggs

Original Poster
Buy them online and have them do will call. They would need to stop at a window on property either way, so a few minutes online now lets them book FP in advance.

Thank you for this! I just went ahead and purchased their one day tickets and they linked automatically to my reservation.

Would you possibly know the answer to this question. Are the FP times that they offer you online and on the app the only ones available at any given time? Or are the "extra" that they hold back for people to book when they get to the parks? I'm trying to figure out the best way to attack this.

dreamfinder

Would you possibly know the answer to this question. Are the FP times that they offer you online and on the app the only ones available at any given time? Or are the "extra" that they hold back for people to book when they get to the parks? I'm trying to figure out the best way to attack this.

No one knows for 100% certain, but I think the consensus is that what you see is what you get. They aren't holding anything back for day of bookings, so when they run out FP for SDMT or TSMM, that's it.

JourneysEnd

Thank you for this! I just went ahead and purchased their one day tickets and they linked automatically to my reservation.

Do it now! Then you can continue to check and if something better comes up you can change an existing FP+ to the new option.

ratherbeinwdw

You may know this, but once you pick your fp's, you can go back in and modify the time or the experience. There are usually a lot of times available. I always have to tweek the times they give me. However, day of has less times available.

Yodasnuggs

Original Poster
Thank you all so much! It took me longer than I would like to admit, but I did eventually figure out that you can go in and change the automatically assigned times on a ride by ride basis. I didn't really get the times I wanted, but that's what I (or they really) get for procrastinating! Still, it's better than nothing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom