Fast pass wait time

Shawn15p

Original Poster
Is there somewhere to find the wait times for the fast pass line. I see normal wait times on MDE but not the fast pass time. I know TP lines app shows it but don't want to get a subscription just for that.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Not that I know of no besides TP. Usually though with a FP the absolute longest we ever had to wait was 20-30min when standby was extremely long or they had been backed up for some reason. ;)

Schneewittchen

Under normal circumstances, it's as long as it takes to jog through the queue. Example: the FP queue for Splash Mountain takes you around Robin Hood's barn, so it's at least a 5 minute walk plus a couple/three/few minutes to actually board. Similar for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Space Mountain, etc. Some other ones are really quick to board, just a bit more direct - Nemo, Little Mermaid, Figment, Pirates. What rides do you have in mind?

Shawn15p

Original Poster
Under normal circumstances, it's as long as it takes to jog through the queue. Example: the FP queue for Splash Mountain takes you around Robin Hood's barn, so it's at least a 5 minute walk plus a couple/three/few minutes to actually board. Similar for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Space Mountain, etc. Some other ones are really quick to board, just a bit more direct - Nemo, Little Mermaid, Figment, Pirates. What rides do you have in mind?

I guess I was most concerned with 7DMT, SM, and Toy Story Midway Mania since they seem to have longer standby by times. I didn't know if the standby time is 180 mins, will fast pass line be significantly longer.....

Rob562

The main thing that'll back up a FastPass return line in when the ride has broken down for an appreciable amount of time. When it reopens there can be a flood of people returning who had return times during the closure whose FP's can now be used.

-Rob

disneygeek90

I guess I was most concerned with 7DMT, SM, and Toy Story Midway Mania since they seem to have longer standby by times. I didn't know if the standby time is 180 mins, will fast pass line be significantly longer.....
My 7DMT Fastpasses have always been crazy fast. Like immediate split to a loading line once you walk to the second point. No wonder everyone else is waiting 90+ mins. Toy Story is also maybe a 5-10 min wait from start to finish. Space I would give around 5-15 depending on traffic and how quick they're moving the cars.

Shawn15p

Original Poster
My 7DMT Fastpasses have always been crazy fast. Like immediate split to a loading line once you walk to the second point. No wonder everyone else is waiting 90+ mins. Toy Story is also maybe a 5-10 min wait from start to finish. Space I would give around 5-15 depending on traffic and how quick they're moving the cars.

That's helpful. Thank you

JillC LI

We were at MK on a low-moderately crowded day in January. The standby line for 7DMT was 90 minutes. With out 11am FP+, it took us about 10 minutes to get onto the ride which was the longest I'd ever waited with a fastpass (other than Radiator Springs Racers at DLR).

DisneyDreamer08

I agree with the others, its typically however long it takes to walk through the queue, and then waiting 5 minutes or less to be loaded. Last September the only long FP wait we had was for Test Track. The standby said 30 minutes. When we went to scan our bands, the CM told us the "actual wait" was 10 minutes if we wanted to switch our FP for another ride. We decided not to as we were in a hurry and entered the FP. From the time we scanned our bands til we were actually sitting in our car, we waited about 20/25 minutes. I would like to think something else was going on and that long of a wait is abnormal.

Rob562

From the time we scanned our bands til we were actually sitting in our car, we waited about 20/25 minutes. I would like to think something else was going on and that long of a wait is abnormal.

Are you including the design preshow in that calculation? Disney typically doesn't include them in wait times since they consider them part of the experience.

-Rob

DisneyDreamer08

Are you including the design preshow in that calculation? Disney typically doesn't include them in wait times since they consider them part of the experience.

-Rob

Yes. We waited quite awhile, maybe 10/15 minutes, in the room prior to the design part, designed our car (5 minutes?) then waited again for quite awhile before boarding. It was so frustrating, more than likely because we were in a hurry & I was stressing, but afterwards I was like, that was so not worth it :p

disneygeek90

Yes. We waited quite awhile, maybe 10/15 minutes, in the room prior to the design part, designed our car (5 minutes?) then waited again for quite awhile before boarding. It was so frustrating, more than likely because we were in a hurry & I was stressing, but afterwards I was like, that was so not worth it :p

Test Track takes probably the longest for a FP. By the time you get in the line for the design studio, design the car, then get back in line, it’s easily at least 20 minutes for me every time.

Shawn15p

Original Poster
Test Track takes probably the longest for a FP. By the time you get in the line for the design studio, design the car, then get back in line, it’s easily at least 20 minutes for me every time.

Oh good, I thought you skipped designing the car with a fast pass. My son will be happy !

I've never waited longer than 15-25 minutes with the fast pass line, even when the standby time is 180 minutes. The fast pass lines sometimes look really long because people have to scan their magic bands/cards to enter which can cause a backup at the start of the queue. Once you actually enter the fast pass lines you usually move pretty quickly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom