1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Fast pass wait time

Discussion in 'Using MyMagic+, FastPass+ and My Disney Experience' started by Shawn15p, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Shawn15p

Shawn15p Member

Is there somewhere to find the wait times for the fast pass line. I see normal wait times on MDE but not the fast pass time. I know TP lines app shows it but don't want to get a subscription just for that.

2. sxeensweet

sxeensweet Love a little Disney every day!! ;) Premium Member

Not that I know of no besides TP. Usually though with a FP the absolute longest we ever had to wait was 20-30min when standby was extremely long or they had been backed up for some reason. ;)

Schneewittchen likes this.
  3. Schneewittchen

Schneewittchen Well-Known Member

Under normal circumstances, it's as long as it takes to jog through the queue. Example: the FP queue for Splash Mountain takes you around Robin Hood's barn, so it's at least a 5 minute walk plus a couple/three/few minutes to actually board. Similar for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Space Mountain, etc. Some other ones are really quick to board, just a bit more direct - Nemo, Little Mermaid, Figment, Pirates. What rides do you have in mind?

sxeensweet likes this.
  4. Shawn15p

Shawn15p Member Original Poster

I guess I was most concerned with 7DMT, SM, and Toy Story Midway Mania since they seem to have longer standby by times. I didn't know if the standby time is 180 mins, will fast pass line be significantly longer.....

5. Schneewittchen

Schneewittchen Well-Known Member

Not that I've noticed.

sxeensweet likes this.
  6. Rob562

Rob562 Well-Known Member

The main thing that'll back up a FastPass return line in when the ride has broken down for an appreciable amount of time. When it reopens there can be a flood of people returning who had return times during the closure whose FP's can now be used.

-Rob

CaptainAmerica and sxeensweet like this.
  7. lentesta

lentesta Premium Member

I have it on good authority that TP usually estimates the FP wait as 15-25% of the standby wait, depending on ride and time of day.

8. disneygeek90

disneygeek90 Well-Known Member

My 7DMT Fastpasses have always been crazy fast. Like immediate split to a loading line once you walk to the second point. No wonder everyone else is waiting 90+ mins. Toy Story is also maybe a 5-10 min wait from start to finish. Space I would give around 5-15 depending on traffic and how quick they're moving the cars.

Weather_Lady likes this.
  9. Shawn15p

That's helpful. Thank you

10. JillC LI

JillC LI Well-Known Member

We were at MK on a low-moderately crowded day in January. The standby line for 7DMT was 90 minutes. With out 11am FP+, it took us about 10 minutes to get onto the ride which was the longest I'd ever waited with a fastpass (other than Radiator Springs Racers at DLR).

11. DisneyDreamer08

DisneyDreamer08 Well-Known Member

I agree with the others, its typically however long it takes to walk through the queue, and then waiting 5 minutes or less to be loaded. Last September the only long FP wait we had was for Test Track. The standby said 30 minutes. When we went to scan our bands, the CM told us the "actual wait" was 10 minutes if we wanted to switch our FP for another ride. We decided not to as we were in a hurry and entered the FP. From the time we scanned our bands til we were actually sitting in our car, we waited about 20/25 minutes. I would like to think something else was going on and that long of a wait is abnormal.

12. Rob562

Rob562 Well-Known Member

Are you including the design preshow in that calculation? Disney typically doesn't include them in wait times since they consider them part of the experience.

-Rob

13. DisneyDreamer08

DisneyDreamer08 Well-Known Member

Yes. We waited quite awhile, maybe 10/15 minutes, in the room prior to the design part, designed our car (5 minutes?) then waited again for quite awhile before boarding. It was so frustrating, more than likely because we were in a hurry & I was stressing, but afterwards I was like, that was so not worth it :p

14. disneygeek90

Test Track takes probably the longest for a FP. By the time you get in the line for the design studio, design the car, then get back in line, it’s easily at least 20 minutes for me every time.

DisneyDreamer08 likes this.
  15. Shawn15p

Oh good, I thought you skipped designing the car with a fast pass. My son will be happy !

16. disneygeek90

Nope! Only the single rider skips it (and even then you can choose from a few abbreviated pre made designs). Sometimes I wish you could, though haha

p.a.m. and Shawn15p like this.
  17. mustlovecats

mustlovecats Member

I've never waited longer than 15-25 minutes with the fast pass line, even when the standby time is 180 minutes. The fast pass lines sometimes look really long because people have to scan their magic bands/cards to enter which can cause a backup at the start of the queue. Once you actually enter the fast pass lines you usually move pretty quickly.