Fast Pass - Ride Down - Sweet Deal

FrostyNaples

Original Poster
I'm sure this has been purported elsewhere already, but when we were in the world a few weekends ago, we had a FP+ for Test Track in Epcot some point late in the evening.

The ride ended up closing due to technical issues, and we received a notification that we could in turn do a FP+ walk-on to any ride in any park as an alternative.

Well, because it was already in our plans to do so, we hopped the bus after the Epcot fireworks and headed to the Magic Kingdom.

Walked right into the FP+ line for seven dwarfs :p, sweet deal.

Got to ride that one twice during our visit, wasn't planned that way. Twice the ride photo's, and ride movie clips :D

JohnD

A few days ago, I was in the Magic Kingdom. I used my 11:00-12:00 FP+ for BTMR right when it became active.

It was my third FP and I went to a kiosk to get one for Jungle Cruise. Shortly after I received an email that BTMR was down at 11:25 so my BTMR FP+ was converted to all day for that and several other rides, although I had just gone to the kiosk to get an extra FP for JC.

In effect, I had two extra FPs at the same time even though I rode BTMR before it broke down within my FP window.

Rob562

I'm sure this has been purported elsewhere already, but when we were in the world a few weekends ago, we had a FP+ for Test Track in Epcot some point late in the evening.

The ride ended up closing due to technical issues, and we received a notification that we could in turn do a FP+ walk-on to any ride in any park as an alternative.

Well, because it was already in our plans to do so, we hopped the bus after the Epcot fireworks and headed to the Magic Kingdom.

Walked right into the FP+ line for seven dwarfs :p, sweet deal.

Got to ride that one twice during our visit, wasn't planned that way. Twice the ride photo's, and ride movie clips :D

Just a note for anyone else reading this thread, unless they've recently changed the policy the ability to use the "wildcard" FP+ in another park only applies to FP+ for rides that shut down within an hour or two of park closing time.

For most of the day the wildcard FP+ is only for attractions in the same park. But if it happens close to closing time, the wildcard will extend through the next day and be good at any park.

The wildcard can also be used at the original attraction the FP+ was for after (if) it re-opens the same day.

-Rob

lostpro9het

Just a note for anyone else reading this thread, unless they've recently changed the policy the ability to use the "wildcard" FP+ in another park only applies to FP+ for rides that shut down within an hour or two of park closing time.

For most of the day the wildcard FP+ is only for attractions in the same park. But if it happens close to closing time, the wildcard will extend through the next day and be good at any park.

The wildcard can also be used at the original attraction the FP+ was for after (if) it re-opens the same day.

-Rob
This is exactly what happened to us two weeks ago. EE went down in the morning during our FP window and we were only allowed to select from attractions within AK. FWIW, we just waited 20 minutes for EE to be back up and just walked on to it using the wildcard FP.

bethymouse

Wild card Fast passes. Now that's a new one for me! I still wouldn't want the ride to go down, but if you really can use it at any other park, that would be alright.:)

Rob562

Wild card Fast passes. Now that's a new one for me! I still wouldn't want the ride to go down, but if you really can use it at any other park, that would be alright.:)

Only if it's a FP+ for a ride that went down soon before park closing. If your Test Track FP+ was for 1:30 and it shut down due to rain, you won't be able to usebtge wildcard at MK.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom